Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Bricked
829 7 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joefoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656394 ft
United States

Ordered on 1/23/18 (launch day)
Received 1/31/18
Attempted Firmware Upgrade 1/31/18 and it hung there until the mavic air battery depleted.
Shipping back to DJI 2/2/18

I was using the GO 4 app to do the upgrade.  It got to 99% and hung there until the battery was depleted.  I put in a new battery and was no longer able to connect via GO 4 app or DJI Assist 2.  Really disappointing.  So, the process for RMA is:
  • Request a "repair" online.
  • Print shipping label
  • Purchase box and packing material
  • Drive to location to ship the unit back
  • Wait on DJI engineers to assess whether they'll repair or replace (quoted 24-48 hours)
  • They send back a working aircraft (if no stock, how long does it take to get a replacement?)

Super frustrating since I'm within 4 days of the ship date; 1 day in posession.  I hope there is some compensation for additional time it's going to take to assess the drone, repair or pull one from stock (how long will that take based on current demand and everything being out of stock).  Feels like I won't see a replacement unit for another 30 days.

DJI, make it right!

Hopeful, Joe

2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Joe, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The local team will take care once the unit arrived. If you need any further assistance, contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-2-1
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 18:52
Hi Joe, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The local team will take care once the unit arrived. If you need any further assistance, contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.

Thanks for your reply.  I do have a question.  Do I send the controller back as well as the aircraft?
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

joefoto Posted at 2018-2-1 19:32
Thanks for your reply.  I do have a question.  Do I send the controller back as well as the aircraft?

Just to verify, the RC upgrade is successful, right? If yes, it is ok to send the aircraft in.
2018-2-1
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
United States

How can I determine if the RC upgrade is okay?  Is there a way to check the firmware version and/or status of the RC?
2018-2-2
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 22:26
Just to verify, the RC upgrade is successful, right? If yes, it is ok to send the aircraft in.

I connected the RC to the GO 4 app and navigated to General/About.  Here is what's displayed:

App v 4.2.5
Precise Fly Safe db v 01.00.01.07
Basic Fly Safe db v 01.00.01.05
Flight Controller Serial Number - N/A
2018-2-2
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
United States

joefoto Posted at 2018-2-2 07:38
I connected the RC to the GO 4 app and navigated to General/About.  Here is what's displayed:

App v 4.2.5

Disregard, I spoke with someone in the RMA department and they created a new case for a replacement.  So, I'll be sending everything back to DJI and receiving (upon confirmation of no damage to existing unit) a new fly more combo MA.

Thanks
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

joefoto Posted at 2018-2-2 12:11
Disregard, I spoke with someone in the RMA department and they created a new case for a replacement.  So, I'll be sending everything back to DJI and receiving (upon confirmation of no damage to existing unit) a new fly more combo MA.

Thanks

Joe, thank you for the update. We hope you can get the drone back soon. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could help.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules