Mavic Air Received, First thoughts = WOW!
1665 10 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

I received my Mavic Air Fly More Combo with DJI Goggles today and all I can say is WOW. I've watched many of the early impressions/reviews from many individuals plus followed along with many of you in the forum who've received theirs over the past few days and even though I mentally knew it was small and compact....NOTHING prepares you for how it looks and feels in person.

Coming from a Phantom 4 to the Mavic Air, it strikes me how incredibly quickly the technology has evolved in such a short period of time. I am STOKED to get to spend some quality time with it this weekend.

I hope those who've received theirs are enjoying happy flying and for those still waiting on their deliveries or looking to get one, look forward to your enjoyement when you get yours!

Smalls
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Smalls, glad that you had received the drone and thank you for your support of our products. You are our valued customer, please feel free to let us know if you have any issue, we are glad to help.
2018-2-3
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
Flight distance : 832641 ft
United Kingdom

After flying mine yesterday am really interested in buying the goggles, what’s your thoughts on them with the air.  See when you flick the sports mode on the controller that’s when a thought a should get them, the thing comes alive in sports
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I fully share your first impressions, it is the same for me. The Air is incredible :-) Going out for the maiden flight soon.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-3 02:36
Smalls, glad that you had received the drone and thank you for your support of our products. You are our valued customer, please feel free to let us know if you have any issue, we are glad to help.

Thanks DJI Thor! I support DJI products because they have worked very well for me and I expect the Mavic Air will continue that tradition. It's a very impressive machine and one DJI should be proud of. Look forward to continuing to explore what it can do and how it can help me in telling my stories.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

glowingsplint Posted at 2018-2-3 02:43
After flying mine yesterday am really interested in buying the goggles, what’s your thoughts on them with the air.  See when you flick the sports mode on the controller that’s when a thought a should get them, the thing comes alive in sports

I have not used them myself as I haven't flown it outdoors yet where I'd feel comfortable using them at the same time I'm flying the Mavic Air. However, both my wife and my brother have worn the goggles while I've flown it indoors to test it out and they both say it's incredible. Once I get outside with it and take it through its paces (including using Sport Mode), I'll be happy to share with you my thoughts on that combination.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how range or features are fully impacted as when you're using DJI Goggle with Mavic Air, you are not connected to DJI Go 4 so I'm not sure if that means it's limited in height and distance as if you were just using the phone by itself or if you can get similar range as if you were using DJI Go 4 and the RC.

Hope I get to explore that a little bit later today!
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-3 03:43
I fully share your first impressions, is the same for me. The Air is incredible :-) Going out for the maiden flight soon.

Glad to see you received your drone. I know this past week has been tough on your patience as you've been going through the paces with DHL. Next time you get a drone from DJI, you'll be better prepared for the shipping procedures I'm sure

Hope your maiden flight was great!
2018-2-3
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
Flight distance : 832641 ft
United Kingdom

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 09:38
I have not used them myself as I haven't flown it outdoors yet where I'd feel comfortable using them at the same time I'm flying the Mavic Air. However, both my wife and my brother have worn the goggles while I've flown it indoors to test it out and they both say it's incredible. Once I get outside with it and take it through its paces (including using Sport Mode), I'll be happy to share with you my thoughts on that combination.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how range or features are fully impacted as when you're using DJI Goggle with Mavic Air, you are not connected to DJI Go 4 so I'm not sure if that means it's limited in height and distance as if you were just using the phone by itself or if you can get similar range as if you were using DJI Go 4 and the RC.

Cheers for that am looking forward to hearing how you get on with them.

Would be really great to add more to the fun of flying these wee things

Stuart
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 09:40
Glad to see you received your drone. I know this past week has been tough on your patience as you've been going through the paces with DHL. Next time you get a drone from DJI, you'll be better prepared for the shipping procedures I'm sure

Hope your maiden flight was great!

Thank you, and after all the shipment was pretty fast seeing that it came from China. And DJI has done a great job in processing the orders so quickly. The maiden flight I had to postpone to tomorrow and shall report back in the forum.
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-3 09:46
Thank you, and after all the shipment was pretty fast seeing that it came from China. And DJI has done a great job in processing the orders so quickly. The maiden flight I had to postpone to tomorrow and shall report back in the forum.

Looking forward to your review.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-3 09:46

Very true. DJI got them out when they said they were. I think many of us realized that they are only one small part of the logistics equation. Considering all that, the timeliness of the deliveries have been great, especially considering the challenges they had with the Mavic Pro from reading old forum posts.
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules