This is What Gives Drone Pilots a Bad Name
1275 25 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just picked this up from a News feed from another forum. Stupid !!

2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

People should stop posting this video in every damn forum. You don't want this to go on the news.

We have already reported this guy to the FAA. They have his name and his license plate so he's pretty much done.

2018-2-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-2 11:00
People should stop posting this video in every damn forum. You don't want this to go on the news.

Why, do you think the News channels don't scour you tube and are not one of the billion+ users of you tube, believe me if they wanted to air this it has already been done.
2018-2-2
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing for sure, they were not flying anything by DJI.
2018-2-2
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

EdM Posted at 2018-2-2 11:15

We don't know that but it's stupid  anyway you look at it.
2018-2-2
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-2 11:00
People should stop posting this video in every damn forum. You don't want this to go on the news.

QuadKid is right.  Posting this video as "Not to Do" in this forum has more benefits than not posting it and hoping anti-drone entities don't get wind of it.  

As soon as this was online, those anti-drone people will eventually get it and harp about it.  As least by posting it on drone forums, those people who are new to droning will know that it's illegal and the droning community definitely is against this kind of behavior.
2018-2-2
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Foxglove84 Posted at 2018-2-2 12:07
QuadKid is right.  Posting this video as "Not to Do" in this forum has more benefits than not posting it and hoping anti-drone entities don't get wind of it.  

As soon as this was online, those anti-drone people will eventually get it and harp about it.  As least by posting it on drone forums, those people who are new to droning will know that it's illegal and the droning community definitely is against this kind of behavior.

You can report it. If a few do that its removed.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Foxglove84 Posted at 2018-2-2 12:07

As soon as this was online, those anti-drone people will eventually get it and harp about it.  As least by posting it on drone forums, those people who are new to droning will know that it's illegal and the droning community definitely is against this kind of behavior.

I'm not talking of anti-drone people I'm talking of media. If the video only had a few views then it would have next to no visibility on Youtube. People wouldn't see it when they would search "drones almost hits plane".  More people seeing it = more hate towards drones
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

G_Sig Posted at 2018-2-2 12:04
We don't know that but it's stupid  anyway you look at it.

DJI quads can't fly ACRO. This is not something made by DJI.
2018-2-2
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-2 12:12
I'm not talking of anti-drone people I'm talking of media. If the video only had a few views then it would have next to no visibility on Youtube. People wouldn't see it when they would search "drones almost hits plane".  More people seeing it = more hate towards drones

I agree with you to some extent--we don't like negative media.  However, even if you're not talking about the anti-drone people, those same people can also spread this to the media, which is why I don't think  hoping it flies below the radar is useful.  I hope you are right that this video doesn't go viral or what not, but it seems like it's already been posted on several forums.  

It's better to acknowledge it, and use it as a learning tool or to show people on the fence about drones that the community is against this kind of behavior.  Just my 2 cents!
2018-2-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Notice between 8 seconds and 18 seconds how the "drone" seems to do an inverted roll. At 11 seconds the hoizon is vertical and continues past verticle back to horizontal - i dunno something does not look right here (cant imagine it is any dji product - far less a mavic pro or air) will be interesting to see if this story has legs and who the person is and what equipment they were using. with a functional dji gimbal the gimbal will not tilt to verticle even if locked because that means the drone then must be verticle - i do'nt think so. something does not add up
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-2 12:23
Notice between 8 seconds and 18 seconds how the "drone" seems to do an inverted roll. At 11 seconds the hoizon is vertical and continues past verticle back to horizontal - i dunno something does not look right here (cant imagine it is any dji product - far less a mavic pro or air) will be interesting to see if this story has legs and who the person is and what equipment they were using. with a functional dji gimbal the gimbal will not tilt to verticle even if locked because that means the drone then must be verticle - i do'nt think so. something does not add up

That's because it's obviously not a DJI drone.  The guy is an FPV pilot and uses ACRO quads.
2018-2-2
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-2 12:23

DJI product or not, it affects everyone who has a UAV or a drone.  I think that for people who don't have drones, there's a "drone specter" out there--and a perception that the UAV or drone community is using drones to steal children away, attack our airports, spy on our daughters or sons, and etc.  The brand I think irrelevant.
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folks breaking rules cause more rules which they will also break. The people who get hurt are those of us who try to follow all of the rules.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Foxglove84 Posted at 2018-2-2 12:28
DJI product or not, it affects everyone who has a UAV or a drone.  I think that for people who don't have drones, there's a "drone specter" out there--and a perception that the UAV or drone community is using drones to steal children away, attack our airports, spy on our daughters or sons, and etc.  The brand I think irrelevant.

Yep, the brand is completely irrevelant. As long as it's called 'DRONE', it's automatically hated and feared.
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-2 12:38
Folks breaking rules cause more rules which they will also break. The people who get hurt are those of us who try to follow all of the rules.

Very true!   
2018-2-2
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-2 12:15
DJI quads can't fly ACRO. This is not something made by DJI.

http://dronereviewsandnews.com/t ... vic-pro-sport-mode/
2018-2-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

This was shown to be a fake Mavic, the give away are the 3 bladed props you can see immediately after he lands.

2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-2-2 16:14
http://dronereviewsandnews.com/triple-loops-dji-mavic-pro-sport-mode/

Lmao that fake mavic is super powerful
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-2-2 16:14
http://dronereviewsandnews.com/triple-loops-dji-mavic-pro-sport-mode/

The title even has April Fool in it.
2018-2-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well just seen this on CBS news
2018-2-2
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

EdM Posted at 2018-2-2 11:15

That’s funny
2018-2-2
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

Wow, he should get a huge fine
2018-2-3
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-2-2 18:46
Well just seen this on CBS news

Well no crap you saw it on the news. Attention-seeking people posted it ALL OVER the forums.
Thanks to them
2018-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What an idiot.  
2021-1-10
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Very Stupid People still exist everywhere you look.
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules