Battery cell warning and stuck in travel mode
584 13 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87411 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, i have just got a second hand Inspire 1 with 3 batteries. I have charged all of them and seems like they are 100% charged, but once i connect them to the aircraft and link together with dji the app it comes up like they have a broken cell, however every cell is between 0.2V to each other and above 3.8V. I can not take out the aircraft from travel mode at all, so i can not try the aircraft. It is really annoying, any help is appreciated.

Should not i be able to take out from travel mode even if the battery damaged.

Thank you
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Poker, did you try to drain the batteries and fully charge them? Did you try to put your inspire 1 in the flat or on the newspaper to take it out of travel mode? Please ensure that both of the RC and AC are the latest firmware. Please provide a screenshot of the image screen. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-2
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you do some updating to the aircraft by any chance ? Is  this when the Travel mode situation happened ?  If so let us Know and hopefully you will be able to unwind what you did.  It is critical that You NEVER update the RC before the AC.  The AC is always done first .
The batteries are a separate issue , they may be just fine OR  You may need to just replace them.  Did the previous owner not give you any idea of the battery condition etc. ?  
Why do you think the cell is broken , Is that the warning  coming up on the go app ?  You have two seperate issues going on wiht the battereis and the travl mode issue .

****ON the go app do you get full video and all the data on the screen ?  If not and it says disconnected then you will NOT be able to use the go app to get it out of travl mode.  Have you tried toggeling the landing gear switch 4 times up and down  as well ??

donnie

2018-2-3
Use props
Poker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you for the replies, i did not update the firmware on the aircraft as I could not because I can not take out from travel mode. I have got the drone and took it out from the case, connected together with the app and the app asked me to update the firmware for the RC. Most probably that is the issue? The batteries were flat when I got them and the guy told me that, but I could charged them and yes it comes up on the app with a warning the battery has broken cell, but I believe even with this battery I should be able to take it out from travel mode right? I do not get any video as I can not attach the camera to the drone in travel mode. I tried the gear switch on the RC as well.
2018-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

yea if you updated the FW of the RC first thats your issue. follow this to roll back the FW of the RC, then may have to relink the RC to AC

the Inspire is picky, and you must always update the AC first with RC off. then update RC with AC off
2018-2-3
Use props
Poker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you, I have just done the downgrade but now I need to relink the AC with the rc. I know the procedure through the App but for some reason it does not do anything when I click on the button on the app. Can I link it without the app only using the RC and the AC?
2018-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you doing this?

2018-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

oh also after the downgrade of the RC did you turn it off and then back on?
2018-2-3
Use props
Poker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi yes I am doing the exact same as shown on the video, the only problem the app does not start to countdown at all, neither does any sound. Funny enough when I updated the firmware on the RC I could link them together, but now with the downgraded firmware on the RC I can not. You would expect something more reliable on a drone like this. I really do not know what else to do.
2018-2-3
Use props
Poker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have just got it out from travel mode. Somehow I have managed to link together with the rc. And with the old firmware on the RC I could get it out from travel mode. I think now I have to update the aircraft. Is that correct?
2018-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

yes turn the RC off and update the AC. once the AC is updated, turn it off and reupdate the RC
2018-2-3
Use props
Poker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I will do that, now I need to find a good guideline how to update the firmware on the AC
2018-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

use a empty SD card format it within the AC first to comfirm its empty and working. remove it and put into computer and transfer the .bin file from the FW onto the sd. insert the sd into the camera and turn the drone on. wait until finished, whatever you do DO NOT interrupt the update, as many have done so and it messes up the camera main board

https://www.djivideos.com/video_ ... 5-a10e-4146eb5aeaf2
2018-2-3
Use props
Poker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-3 09:12
use a empty SD card format it within the AC first to comfirm its empty and working. remove it and put into computer and transfer the .bin file from the FW onto the sd. insert the sd into the camera and turn the drone on. wait until finished, whatever you do DO NOT interrupt the update, as many have done so and it messes up the camera main board

https://www.djivideos.com/video_play/a7193fca-a028-4985-a10e-4146eb5aeaf2

All done and ready to fly. Thank you very much for all of your help guys, really appreciated.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules