Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air/pro Quick question.
768 6 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrin Storm
New

Germany

Hi,
I have just ordered my first non toy drone. The mavic Air, and am eagerly awaiting its delivery. I thought I’d order as well some accessories. One being the range extender that fits over the antennas but I can only find ones for the Mavic pro.
Q:  Are the antennas on the controller for the Mavic Air the same distance apart as the Mavic Pro?  
I know it’s not really a tech problem but, I figured someone with both drones would know.
Thanks in advance for any help.
2018-2-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You will definitely not need a range extender when you intend to fly legally in Germany. The Maivic Air will go far beyond of what is allowed anyway.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

I wouldn't buy something made for the PRO and install it on the AIR. There are tons of different things that you have to consider when you're messing with radio waves.  You want to buy something that is said to work with the Mavic Air.
2018-2-2
Use props
Andrin Storm
New

Germany

Ok cool, Thanx. Wasn’t intending to fly really far. I was more paranoid of losing my new drone. I live near a big city and wanted to keep the signal as strong as possible.
2018-2-2
Use props
Andrin Storm
New

Germany

Then will wait until I find something for the AIR. Cheers.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-2 12:57
You will definitely not need a range extender when you intend to fly legally in Germany. The Maivic Air will go far beyond of what is allowed anyway.

Flying legally? There are still people doing that in 2018?
2018-2-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Andrin Storm Posted at 2018-2-2 13:04
Ok cool, Thanx. Wasn’t intending to fly really far. I was more paranoid of losing my new drone. I live near a big city and wanted to keep the signal as strong as possible.

I received mine only today and couldn't fly it yet because of wet weather. But what I have seen posted by others in Europe we apparently can be very relaxed in this regard. See this thread and test: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=132853
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules