Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How Old Are Mavic Air Pilots [Poll ]
25793 332 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

SiftedThruThisVeryLengthyPost
TheEldestEightyFive!
YoungestFifteen
MedianFifties
HallmarksInquisitiveCaptureCanBeSummarized
KidsWillAlwaysBeKids
TrustMe
DjiHasBankedOnIt!
2019-12-16
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I’m 48 on my 4th drone and still loving it , how about you.
2020-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ro_flyer Posted at 2-22 03:23
I’m 48 on my 4th drone and still loving it , how about you.

I’m 57 and I’ve owned 11 drones still have 7 .
2020-2-22
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 09:54
I’m 57 and I’ve owned 11 drones still have 7 .

Which is your favourite?
2020-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ro_flyer Posted at 2-22 14:28
Which is your favourite?

My favorite is zoom, best I think is MP2, but I think only really noticeable in photos.
2020-2-22
Use props
fans5abfdb62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31526 ft

United States

Mavic Air.  Second Drone.  Age 71
2020-2-22
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Hi,
Age 38
Mavic Air 1st drone
2020-2-22
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 14:39
My favorite is zoom, best I think is MP2, but I think only really noticeable in photos.

I love the zoom also.
2020-2-23
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

31 and on my first drone - though i havent got to use it much as the windspeeds have been to high and weather to wet in the UK recently
2020-2-27
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

I've been looking at getting a mavic air.  It seems the age range of mavic air users is very similar to the age range of mavic mini users and so i don't think i would feel out of place flying the mavic air in my advancing years. A noticable difference in these polls is that 1800 users have replied to the mavic mini poll but only 314 users to the mavic air poll. Is this because the mini is much more popular (it would seem so)  or is it because the mavic air is rubbish? The specs of the air look better to me and although slightly heavier i think it would be much better for stable flight in windier conditions.
2020-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhantomPhil Posted at 3-1 04:13
I've been looking at getting a mavic air.  It seems the age range of mavic air users is very similar to the age range of mavic mini users and so i don't think i would feel out of place flying the mavic air in my advancing years. A noticable difference in these polls is that 1800 users have replied to the mavic mini poll but only 314 users to the mavic air poll. Is this because the mini is much more popular (it would seem so)  or is it because the mavic air is rubbish? The specs of the air look better to me and although slightly heavier i think it would be much better for stable flight in windier conditions.

I think the mini just like the orignal Mavic were hugely popular because they brought many new flyers to the whole drone scene, mini was cheap and Mavic was revolutionary with its fold up design. Mavic Air came in the middle at a time of many new dji drones coming on the horizon like two M2 and p4v2.

Mavic Air is almost twice the price of mini, but IMO it’s worth the money, it’s so well built compared to mini, camera has so much more to offer than the mini, it’s a much more powerful drone than mini, many more features, for me Mavic air is the best build quality drone dji have built in their fold up drones.

It has one problem and one drawback, the problem is it’s a little noisy particularly when taking off and landing, it doesn’t bother me as it’s not as noisy as my neighbors ride on lawnmower and I have to spend an hour every week listening to that against him listening to my drone for a couple of minutes while landing and taking off.
Drawback, it uses wifi and for me that’s fine because I don’t need a drone that flys 4 miles while I stand around pushing a stick forward waiting for it to come back, for me it’s very reliable flying between 500/1000m a lot more than I need.
As a travel drone there isn’t any better.
2020-3-1
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 04:42
I think the mini just like the orignal Mavic were hugely popular because they brought many new flyers to the whole drone scene, mini was cheap and Mavic was revolutionary with its fold up design. Mavic Air came in the middle at a time of many new dji drones coming on the horizon like two M2 and p4v2.

Mavic Air is almost twice the price of mini, but IMO it’s worth the money, it’s so well built compared to mini, camera has so much more to offer than the mini, it’s a much more powerful drone than mini, many more features, for me Mavic air is the best build quality drone dji have built in their fold up drones.

Thanks for the input. As for the noise, I gather quite a few pilots use earplugs but as I'm pretty deaf already I have no need for those . I'll wait n see if the Air 2 materialises and is compatible with the Smart Controller I recently received since this would be a deciding purchase factor for me.
2020-4-23
Use props
Jose Barrios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20213 ft
United States

I'm 53 and use mine for real estate photography. At first, it was a challenge to learn to fly it, I thought I would crash it or fly it too far and never see it again.
Jose Barrios

www.josebarriosphoto.com

2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules