19659 67 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

We are thrilled that you will be receivingyour Phantom 3 soon. With your new Phantom's unparalleled camera quality andflight experience, you will soon be creating stunning aerial images and videos.We also have some important updatesregarding your Phantom 3:

24/7 Customer Service
DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technicalsupport for all Phantom 3 customers. If you have any questions or concernsabout your Phantom 3, please contact DJI anytime starting at 6:00 pm, April 28,2015 (GMT+8).
You can reach the technical support teamby:
•      Live Chat: Visit:http://www.dji.com/support and click on Live Chat
•      E-mail: support@dji.com
•      A DJI regionaloffice during local working hours:
North America:+1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PDT, or e-mail us.support@dji.com
EU MemberCountries: Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Central Europeantime, or e-mail support.europe@dji.com
Japan: E-mail support.jp@dji.com

iOS Pilot App
The DJI Pilot app for iOS 1.1.1 that supports the Phantom 3 series is now available on the App Store.
Note: Only Phantom 3 units with firmware version 1.1.6 or above can connect to the new iOS DJI Pilot app.

To check whether you need to update your firmware:
1)         Turn on your Phantom 3 remote controller and your Phantom 3 unit, and then connect the remote to youriOS device with a USB cable.
2)         Start your app and enter the Camera screen.

If the status bar on the top of the screen indicates "Disconnected", it means that the connection between the remote controller and your iOS device is not established and you must update your firmware on P3 as well as your Transmitter.

Download the latest firmware and find instructions on how to update your firmware at:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

For Android APP, download here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Orders with an Extra Battery
If you ordered an Extra Battery with yourPhantom 3, this will be shipped separately at a later date in May. We apologizefor any inconvenience.

Thank you again for your support! DJI is striving for product and service of higher quailty.
DJI Product Application Teachnical Support Center
2015-4-28
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Brazil

The livechat is in Japnese or something like that!
http://gyazo.com/c22457888f28ca16af105fa48f1bc0a0
2015-4-28
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thanks you. The language should have automatically changed according to your browser. Anyway, I've added English into it.
2015-4-28
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is great! Thanks for the update Terry!
2015-4-28
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Terry....Thought Tahoe_Ed was a lone ranger :-)...at a $1000 a drone, glad to see they have another face.  Awesome, hello DJI-Terry :-)  Glad to see u here man!
2015-4-28
Use props
morhedec
lvl.1

France

Hi still in japanese here and iOS app not enabling connection to the phantom
2015-4-29
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Can I start motors without the apple application ?
2015-4-29
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Brazil

ara9112003@yaho Posted at 2015-4-30 10:02
Can I start motors without the apple application ?

to start motors you only need to hold the remote control two sticks down and pushed it to the center.
2015-4-30
Use props
Jpw1784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1913 ft
  • >>>
United States

I took my P3 out and tested Auto Take off and then tested Auto Landing. When it was auto landing one of the motors stopped and it flipped over and now it will start, all the motors spin, but then it just stops. One motor is really tight. I have to wait till Monday now to figure out a plan to either replace, return, or fix. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
2015-5-1
Use props
clayton
New

United States

My Phantom 3 is DOA... after 3 calls to tech support (during USA office hours)... still nothing.  They were nice, but obviously knew very little helpful info.  I was pissed about the IOS app (and firmware) delay... but, now I'm totally MAD.

Phantom 3 24/7 Tech-Support is a lie... sending an email and waiting for a response is not 24/7 Tech-Support.  DJI is lying and misleading customers.  I'm returning it as soon as I can contact a real person in the USA.

Companies that lie and deceive never survive long term.
2015-5-2
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

clayton@shockoe Posted at 2015-5-3 03:56
My Phantom 3 is DOA... after 3 calls to tech support (during USA office hours)... still nothing.  Th ...

Hi, Clayton,
Our livechat is working 24H. If DJI tech confirm that your P3 is DOA, we will take care of it and help you out ASAP.  I'm sending you an email asking for details.
2015-5-3
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Jpw1784 Posted at 2015-5-2 10:38
I took my P3 out and tested Auto Take off and then tested Auto Landing. When it was auto landing one ...

Could you take a short video about it? Our tech rep will reach you shortly.
2015-5-3
Use props
yeahimatroll
New

United States

My Phantom 3 is DOA... after 3 calls to tech support (during USA office hours)... still nothing.  Th ...

do not listen to them.

pack that p3 up and send it back.

in America, law trumps store policies.

i had a similar problem with a different company. send it back. dont call them or anything. just send it back and call your cc company.

dji is no different than any other company. they are not special and they are not above the law.

if its broke and not what you expected, send it back.
2015-5-4
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

Wow great news for the P3 Owners.

What about us Inspire 1 owners who spent more than twice as much money?

It's pretty bad how you launch a new product and offer your "New Customers" them 24/7 Support. And treat P3 buyers better than Inspire buyers. Normally in a NORMAL World, customers who spend more money get better service. Isn't that how things work?  

2015-5-4
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Durrr I agree with you, customer service for Inspire 1 owners should be improved!!!
2015-5-4
Use props
jmtroiti
New

Spain

Hello partners.
I searched information on the forum and could not find.
I have to do a document characterization phantom3 and I find out where I can.

Thank you.
2015-5-4
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

24/7 Chat is 24/7.  I'm trying to get support and I have a live person.!
2015-5-4
Use props
myles
New

United States

My battery died at 6 minutes into its 2nd flight.. just completely powered off at 40' up and about 30' out. Crashed and killed the camera. I sent it back today. I've seen a few similar post to this problem a with the ap going black and white and the bird just falling out of the sky.
2015-5-5
Use props
alex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342759 ft
United States

Jpw1784 Posted at 2015-5-2 10:38
I took my P3 out and tested Auto Take off and then tested Auto Landing. When it was auto landing one ...

Jpw1784:

Just had the same exact thing happen. Flew it a few times and it worked fine then went to land it, it flipped over and the props kept spinning. Took about 5 seconds to get it to power off from the sticks. Now when trying to take off only three motors spin. Called DJI and they said send it in for repair but it is a 5-6 week turn around. I am so MAD. Had the P3 for less than 3 hours and it is already dead.
2015-5-5
Use props
ronniearnold
lvl.1

United States

You won't be able too.  I have been told by multiple people that you can ONLY do that via email.  DJI is the worst company I've ever dealt with by a long shot for customer service.  I've never seen a company that cares as little as DJI.  I'm over 48 hours at just trying to cancel my order.  They have my money and took it immediately but won't respond otherwise.
2015-5-5
Use props
alex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342759 ft
United States

alex@ng-cc.com Posted at 2015-5-6 08:05
Jpw1784:

Just had the same exact thing happen. Flew it a few times and it worked fine then went t ...

I was able to fix my motor by removing the four screws and blowing it out with some air. After running it again without props it seems to work properly.

Landing is completely autonomous now. No need to turn off the motors after it lands, just stay off the sticks. I tried to turn it off manually yesterday and it flipped.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

durrr Posted at 2015-5-4 23:52

What about us Inspire 1 owners who spent more than twice as much  ...

Durrr, We have been offering 24x7 service for Inspire 1 owners since January.
2015-5-6
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Alex I have been flying a p2 for a while.Those landings are hard on your prop supply and the esc's.If you are not yet disenchanted with the product I will tell you of a way to avoid this isuue.It is kind of "hairy" the first time you do it.Hand Catching or Hand Landing.At the end of your flight  bring the bird down to eye level and in front of you.Rotate the craft until you are looking at the Phantom's battery.Keeping the right index finger and right thumb horizontal,use right hand to grip the right landing gear.Just grip...do not try and move the bird around..it will fight you..waste of time...Grip the landing gear...using your free left hand,pull the left control stick(Throttle) all of the way down.Wait a few seconds(While Holding The Throttle Down)..Hold the bird still with the throttle at full descent.The bird will power down the motors.Safe....You can also hard land the bird and hold down the left control stick(Throttle).Just hold the throttle down(All Of The Way Down).The bird will power down the motors without flipping over.As Americans we are used to the companies that we spend our money with doing the research for us.This a China based company.What I am getting at is if you have not done so already,.. comb over youtube.Look for any info pertaining to phantom 2s and up.One place that I send anyone seeking good info is On The Kitchen Table with Simon Newton.Fantastic source of info with a little bit of humor.If you guys will post any questions that you may have in thread form,myself and others will be glad to help when we can.There are some aloof pricks lurking around here..Do not let that discourage you.DJI is getting their ass handed to them by the last two releases.They do not have  the necessary personell in place to properly handle all of the problems that have occurred.We are all hoping that this company will adopt our countries way of doing things.Until then there are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable, and downright funny folks here and we are eager to help.Welcome To The Skys  and Enjoy!!  No intention of condescension.Being very descriptive in search of clarity in communication.
2015-5-7
Use props
Jpw1784
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

alex@ng-cc.com Posted at 2015-5-6 08:05
Jpw1784:

Just had the same exact thing happen. Flew it a few times and it worked fine then went t ...

Yea I had to do the same thing. Had my P3P less than an hour. It just arrived at their facility today. So here's to 5-6 weeks... Well I can probably have some batteries and a backpack ordered and here before I get it back. Then I'll be good to go hopefully. Here is to keeping my fingers crossed that the updates will be in to prevent these things from happening again, before I get my P3 back!
2015-5-7
Use props
Jpw1784
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

alex@ng-cc.com Posted at 2015-5-7 00:27
I was able to fix my motor by removing the four screws and blowing it out with some air. After run ...

I tried that but to no avail. Tried a lot before deciding to send it in, thanks for the info and I am glad to hear yours is working fine now!
2015-5-8
Use props
t3rminatorPT
New

Portugal

durrr Posted at 2015-5-4 23:52

What about us Inspire 1 owners who spent more than twice as much  ...

i think everyone is a client so everyone desearves an equal and quality service you selfish person......LOL or you think you are  aking just because you have an inspire?? LOL go sleep mate, and be a fair person
2015-5-8
Use props
andy.webb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 865364 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Terry Posted at 2015-5-4 09:38
Hi, Clayton,
Our livechat is working 24H. If DJI tech confirm that your P3 is DOA, we will take ca ...

see these screenshots for how well your support is 'working 24H'

i have a P3 that is DOA as far as I'm concerned - gimbal is broken. no response from DJI dealer here in UK - this response from '24/7 support'   

What would you do?
support.png
support 2.png
2015-5-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

andy.webb@ymail Posted at 2015-5-10 23:29

i have a P3 that is DOA as far as ...

E-mail sent.
2015-5-11
Use props
TerryWan
DJI team

Hong Kong

andy.webb@ymail Posted at 2015-5-10 23:29

i have a P3 that is DOA as far as ...

Andy, sorry about that. The tech rep were so busy at that moment. I've check the video link you provide, and I can confirm it as DOA if it is like that just out of box. Our service team in Germany will reach you shortly.
2015-5-11
Use props
news
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

I sent an email to DJI europe on the weekend and have heard NOTHING back since.

Other than the automated response.

"Your request (65477) has been received and is being reviewed by our EU support staff."

2015-5-12
Use props
t3rminatorPT
New

Portugal

Hi, my drone wnet HunterKiller style, and went against me, even have some bruises, but something is wrong, after the incident, everything was ok, and still is, except when i changed the broken prop, when i turn it on, now there is no image, but no error or nothing, just a black screen...HELP

FIXED.  i guess my drone has is own personality, its workin fine now, i pressed gently all conectors and cam is workin.
2015-5-12
Use props
t3rminatorPT
New

Portugal

Well today, another issue........it went straight to a tree very slowly till i got hang on it, with me pressing stick back......
2015-5-13
Use props
robert
New

United States

news@bonathan.c Posted at 2015-5-13 00:41
I sent an email to DJI europe on the weekend and have heard NOTHING back since.

Other than the auto ...

Yeah, same here.  Sent emails with nothing other than automated response.  So I cancelled my order today.  I am going with a different product that has better support.
2015-5-14
Use props
BrewserB
lvl.1

United States

Guys, it's 24/7 in the states as long as you call them between 9am and 5pm. . BTW 24/7 means Monday - Friday ...haha
2015-5-14
Use props
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
United States

Tomer Posted at 2015-4-30 23:20
to start motors you only need to hold the remote control two sticks down and pushed it to the cent ...

that is really a question I have a lot... Can I fly without the DJI pilor App??? I know I wont see anything but is this probable?
2015-5-15
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

"24/7 Customer Service

DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technicalsupport for all Phantom 3 customers."

can someone from Dji please explain why this doesn't cover all Dji products?
2015-5-19
Use props
C17Jamie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348022 ft
United States

espinosa.josero Posted at 2015-5-16 01:00
that is really a question I have a lot... Can I fly without the DJI pilor App??? I know I wont see ...

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it.  You can't see the camera, altitude, or other safety features.
2015-5-19
Use props
jzegart
lvl.1

United States

Apparently nothing has changed at DJI.  I have been debating getting a 3 or waiting for some of the other brands models coming out shorty.  I had a flyaway with one of my earlier DJI 3 plus models but never got a satisfactory response despite repeated attempts. I did get the run around.   Now before I put additional funds into DJI I will wait and recommend all my friends do the same.
2015-5-19
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

DJI-Terry Posted at 2015-5-4 09:38
Hi, Clayton,
Our livechat is working 24H. If DJI tech confirm that your P3 is DOA, we will take ca ...

Like hell it is.  "Enter an email and we will contact you" isn't "Live Chat".

DJI is proving to be an absolutely horrible company to do business with.  Phone Support is a zero, chat is a zero, shipping from the company is a zero.

Personally,  at this point I'm sorry I tied up a couple thousand dollars with DJI.
EDITED FOR CLARITY - My money is tied up with DJI - not their authorized sellers.  My orders are directly with the DJI on-line store.
2015-5-22
Use props
kalin2011
lvl.2

Canada

knupla2 Posted at 2015-5-23 02:37
Like hell it is.  "Enter an email and we will contact you" isn't "Live Chat".

DJI is proving to be ...

Starting to question my decision to buy a p3!  It will be here on Monday and was so looking forward to the upgrade from my aging JJRC.  Not sure I understand the logic in releasing a product without having the pilot app in place.  Seems they have put the cart....  Hopefully the thing works out of the box and I never need to contact Tech-Support!
2015-5-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules