Lost Spark? I Belong To... Text File RTH
564 3 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

I've seen a bunch of posts where the Spark flew the coop and the owner goes frantically looking hoping to find it and I can't help but to share my "Plan B" Return To Home mechanism.  

On all of my memory cards for Spark, GoPro, Camera or any old SD card or USB thumb drive I try to keep a simple text file called, "I Belong To.txt" at the root of the card.

In this file I put some basic contact information, not more than I feel comfortable just anyone having but usually my name and email address.

If you want to increase the odds of someone being a Good Samaritan and returning your memory card, hopefully along with your Spark or whatever, you could also offer a reward in this text file too.

It might look something like this.

If found please contact: Josh
Email: myemail@dot.com
Phone: optional
Modest reward offered for returning.

I've even seen ads taken out in local online classifieds trying to locate the owner of a drone that was found. Having this file on the memory card might help the finder locate the owner.

Yes, there might be circumstances in which you'd rather not be found but I believe this is part of being a responsible person & pilot. If you make a mistake - own it!

I hope this simple step might help someone be reunited with their precious video, images and Spark!

Happy Landings

2018-2-2
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

I agree on that however the sd card inside the spark is hidden pretty damn good. Unless someone knows where to find the sd card, no will be able to find the sd card. But better to be safe than sorry right?
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your sharing. I think you can try to attach a label on your spark. Hope you have fun with our products and never lose it.
2018-2-2
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236102 ft
United States

Not a bad Idea. I will update all of my SSD cards and SD cards/ thumbdrives tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip!

P.S.
I also am planning on using a labeler to attach my phone number and name to the body of the craft. Either is better than nothing, but together- it makes it way more foolproof.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules