Annoying Beeping from Phone/Controller
2106 23 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hey so great little machine so far!! Only complaint from owning every other model of your drones from the DJI550/S900 to Inspire 2 and everything in between - The most annoying thing about it is the controller/phone beeps constantly flying near objects and inside even with the sensor truned off. One of the main reasons I bought this little guy was to fly indoors but if this alert can't be shut off pernimently I cannot use it shooting in sensetive places.  I think DJI should allow it's users to shut off the warning tones along with the radar.  They are the same tones that come on with obstacle sensing but on the inspire 2 or phantom for example, when you shut off the forward visioning, the noise stops as well.  I don't think it's the controller the sound comes from the phone. Would be nice if DJI would make a switch to shut off the radar tones as well if someone chooses.  Perhaps its due to the limitations of it not being a "pro" model?
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Not sure if modifying the gear will void the warranty.
Here's some nice accessories that should help mitigate the noise problem.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll forward to our engineers for review.
2018-2-3
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-3 02:43
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll forward to our engineers for review.

Thank you DJI Susan. I assume its a bug and the tone should stop when the radar is shut off same with all the other models.
2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Getting DJI earbuffs that work with DJI drones will be awesome!!
2018-2-3
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Puerto Rico

Does the Mavic Air controller beep when you hit RTH?
2018-2-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-3 11:30
Getting DJI earbuffs that work with DJI drones will be awesome!!

new product line potential right there
2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

DJI Earbuffs Platinum will isolate noise the best, DJI Earbuffs AIR will be the lightest ones, regular DJI Earbuffs will be budget friendly... endless possibilities.
2018-2-3
Use props
Hal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10128 ft
United States

I was having the same issues! Was trying to fly around inside my house, and in small-ish rooms the beeping never stops. I tried turning off all obstacle avoidance options, radar display, etc. but the beeping still didn't stop. The only thing that made it stop was switching it to sport mode, which needless to say is way too aggressive for flying around a house. Curious if I was just missing something that needed to be switched off.
2018-3-29
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Tape over the speaker holes on the bottom of the remote?  until they fix this.
2018-3-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GLJones Posted at 2018-3-31 20:59
Tape over the speaker holes on the bottom of the remote?  until they fix this.

Rip open the remote and remove the BDU**.

** Beep Dispensing Unit
2018-3-31
Use props
TFile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
United Kingdom

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-2-3 12:24

It sure does!

A lot!!
2018-4-5
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-2 16:45
Not sure if modifying the gear will void the warranty.
Here's some nice accessories that should help mitigate the noise problem.
[/img]

great!!
2018-4-5
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
United States

RTH is making the controller beeping... it attracks a lot of attention when outsde.
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

HI DJI Susan.. Any fix coming out on this its super annoying and I can't do any sensitive work with my mavic Air unless I turn the volume off on my phone but then I don't get any other warnings..
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-2-3 12:24

Don't know.. I would never use RTH.. =)
2018-4-5
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

I have only flown in the confines of my small garden and very very noisy with the beeping from the object detection and never realised it was coming from my phone so turned the volume down on the phone and quietness at last... not sure if that's what you are complaining about...
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hal Posted at 2018-3-29 17:30
I was having the same issues! Was trying to fly around inside my house, and in small-ish rooms the beeping never stops. I tried turning off all obstacle avoidance options, radar display, etc. but the beeping still didn't stop. The only thing that made it stop was switching it to sport mode, which needless to say is way too aggressive for flying around a house. Curious if I was just missing something that needed to be switched off.

Exactly... you can turn the volume off on your phone but then you don't get any other alerts.. on all the other models once you switch OFF Radar, all the beeps stop.. on the Mavic Air the radar lines stay functioning I think this is the bug on the app. I understand for beginners its a good idea, but there should be a "pro" switch to make it silent so I can work.
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

GLJones Posted at 2018-3-31 20:59
Tape over the speaker holes on the bottom of the remote?  until they fix this.

No, the sounds comes from the phone I think..
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-31 22:08
Rip open the remote and remove the BDU**.

** Beep Dispensing Unit

It comes from the phone I think... Point is, all their other drones once you shut off Radar it stops.
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

MennoH Posted at 2018-4-5 03:21
RTH is making the controller beeping... it attracks a lot of attention when outsde.

I think thats the point as its autonomously flying its important everyone is watching as something could go wrong. I have never used RTH, maybe once during a test flight of an S900.
2018-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-4-5 03:27
I have only flown in the confines of my small garden and very very noisy with the beeping from the object detection and never realised it was coming from my phone so turned the volume down on the phone and quietness at last... not sure if that's what you are complaining about...

yes I know you can turn down the volume.. just annoying it shouldn't be like that. I use it for work its important I have audible telemetry sometimes I don't want to have to turn off my volume =). Its not like this on their more advanced products. Would be nice if they could make a switch for it is something really wants it.  As its not their pro aircraft I do understand why its on there.  For instance you could be flying indoors and it loses GPS (or doesn't have it), then the lighting isn't great so it doesn't have good ground visual, then it goes into atti mode and you wouldn't know until you here the sound of the drone hitting the wall.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lolders Posted at 2018-4-5 03:24
HI DJI Susan.. Any fix coming out on this its super annoying and I can't do any sensitive work with my mavic Air unless I turn the volume off on my phone but then I don't get any other warnings..

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they will consider this in the future versions. We're sorry that there is no switch in the current version. If this bothers you a lot, please turn down the mobile audio at this moment.
2018-4-7
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

Yes, lets turn the mobile device volume down. thanks Susan.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules