Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repairing Foot Dampers
974 6 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomjoyce00
New

United Kingdom

Hello.

I know this part is not an essential part for flight, but for me, if I have spent £2000 on a piece of kit, it has to look the part too.

Needless to say, it didn't after flying it into a tree.... lesson learnt there.

However, after waiting a month for some replacement props (bought the new quick rlease in the end) I decided to go about fixing the dampers myself.

The fix: a 10mm diameter pressurised fuel pipe/tube, in white, of course, strong nylon in construction.
HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE PART

They are sold on ebay and it is an easy fix, with the application of some epoxy into the foot. I even re-used the spring, reinsering it into the inside of the tube.

The tube I bought was 10mm overall diameter, with a 1mm tube thickness, leaving 8mm inside the damper as a hollow, just enough space to keep the spring straight.

You can't tell the diference now.... (well you can if you look really really closely!)

Hope this inspires someone to get their dampers fixed!

2015-4-28
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Hi Tom, were the old pieces of damper easy to get out? Mine seem fairly well stuck in, I don't want to do any more damage trying to fix it.
2015-4-29
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-29 19:41
Hi Tom, were the old pieces of damper easy to get out? Mine seem fairly well stuck in, I don't want  ...

Hi Mark

When my Inspire 1 arrived i noticed one of the dampers was loose, i pushed the foot down and relised it was only attached with glue, so i would presume if you was to grip it with a vice grip(protecting the white part with a cloth) and give it a little twist to part it from the glue.

I just applied some glue and re-bonded it.

FYI the glue is just a small blob ( 3mm circle or so) Hope this helps
2015-4-29
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Guernsey

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-29 19:51
Hi Mark

When my Inspire 1 arrived i noticed one of the dampers was loose, i pushed the foot down a ...

Thanks dude, will give that a try.
2015-4-29
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-29 20:04
Thanks dude, will give that a try.

Just noticed it as went to grab a photo for you and its un attached its self again, will use epoxy this time as used super glue last time.

IMG_0435.jpg
Untitled 2.png
2015-4-29
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Guernsey

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-29 20:20
Just noticed it as went to grab a photo for you and its un attached its self again, will use epoxy ...

I have found that "Super" Glue isn't always that super. Thanks for the pics.
2015-4-29
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-29 20:36
I have found that "Super" Glue isn't always that super. Thanks for the pics.

SUPER Glue is USELESS for pvc and vinyl repairs IMHO
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules