Looking for some help
942 9 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfffc35b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20860 ft
United States

I received the repair status from tech support and I was told the camera board needs to be replaced, but I am being charged $274 because it is not a product issue.

The drone was purchased 7 months ago, and the receipt was included with the paperwork, I sent with the drone.

I have gone back and forth, with DJI, about the repairs, but cannot get a straight answer as to why this is  not covered under  warranty.

Is there ANY way to talk to a real person, that can ACTUALLY tell me how they determined that this was user error and not a product default?

2018-2-2
Use props
fansfffc35b2
lvl.1
United States

[Support] : RE CAS-1432326-S4G1M9

I'm hoping to get some help from an admin, on this.

This started last week, when I tried to do the firmware update and lost the camera feed. Grey screen, and the drone would not connect to the remote. The remote had a green light, but the drones led was red.

Tried for hours, to figure this out. Talked to online support, tried YouTube, and still nothing. The second attempt with online support ended with an open case and the drone getting shipped to California.

6 days later, I get an update, that the camera board needs to be replaced. That's fine, but I'm being charged for the reoairs? The drone was purchased 7 months ago, so it is still under the 1 year warranty, but I'm being told the camera board is not a product issue and apparently is used error. I can't get a straight answer, about what's exactly wrong with it.

2018-2-2
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

How can the user cause the camera to just stop working, especially just after doing an update?
Oh, that's right, you should not have updated it!
Pity you didn't try to downgrade the software, there are aftermarket tools out there for doing this...
2018-2-2
Use props
fansfffc35b2
lvl.1
United States

Well, the camera board failure, is NOT user error. There's not much anyone can say that would convince me otherwise
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for your situation. But I am terribly sorry to tell that Phantom 4 Adv camera gimbal has 6 months warranty. If you purchase the drone 7 months ago, it is out of warranty period, the invoice email had mentioned this, thus you might need to pay for the repair. warranty.png
2018-2-2
Use props
fansfffc35b2
lvl.1
United States

You are saying the GIMBAL. It is NOT the gimbal. It is the camera board. 2 separate parts
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansfffc35b2 Posted at 2018-2-2 18:51
You are saying the GIMBAL. It is NOT the gimbal. It is the camera board. 2 separate parts

Gimbal and camera units belong to this part. I am sorry to tell that the warranty period expired. Hope your kind understanding.
2018-2-2
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know with the Inspire 1 as it happened to me. A failed/interrupted FW update will fry the camera board, which is 100% user error not failed hardware
2018-2-2
Use props
fansfffc35b2
lvl.1
United States

The Gimbal, and the camera main board, are TWO SEPARATE PARTS! The main board is covered for 12 months. Maybe if DJI would actually respond to my emails or phone calls, they could explain this to me. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansfffc35b2 Posted at 2018-2-3 11:36
The Gimbal, and the camera main board, are TWO SEPARATE PARTS! The main board is covered for 12 months. Maybe if DJI would actually respond to my emails or phone calls, they could explain this to me. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced

Sir, gimbal broad is a part of the gimbal. Sorry for your unexpected unexperience, I would forward this situation to the designated department.
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules