Mavic Air Connection Issues
27640 19 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samuel Luckman
New
Australia

Hi,
Not sure if i'm missing something obvious but it seems like I am because nothing is connecting at all.
- Phone (galaxy s7 edge) won't connect to the controller - simply doesnt regognise the fact that it's connected and the phone keeps displaying the message "connected device unable to access data on this device"
- Controller won't connect to the drone when attempting to stand-alone.
- Phone can't connect to the drone in stand-alone mode - simply can't press next in the device connection at the stage where wifi needs to be connected.

Anyone got any ideas? Yes iv'e tried a different cable for connecting the controller to the phone and that gave the same issue, yes the phone is in
2018-2-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried re-linking the AC to the RC, you will need to use the short cable to connect your S7 to the RC
There are 2 ways to fly the AC

1) via RC, the phone is a more of a display for the DJI Go4 app, in this method the RC is the direct controller and is linked to the AC via wi-fi and phone is connected to the RC via a micro usb cable

2) via phone, the phone is the main controller unit, here you will need to connect the phone to the AC wi-fi ssid, open your phone wifi and look for the AC network.

You can only pick one mode or the other, if you link the RC to the AC, it switches off the phone as the direct controller

For linking the RC to the AC

To use the phone as the main controller, see 3.28 into this video

2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_aRSzLQCWbbAC
New
Netherlands

i use my own bigger cable not the mini usb annymore and i get a good connection i hope it will fix your problem
2018-2-18
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

I have the same issue.

I have tried to reset factory setting, reset firmware on both the aircraft and remote controller (by DJI Assistant 2 on Macbook), re-install DJI Go 4 on my iPhone 7 Plus but it's still not connect. First time it's OK when i try connect the aircraft with Wifi mobile mode.

2018-2-25
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

I’ve contacted to DJI Support, they told me bring it to the dealer who send it back to the factory for check and process a replacement. I believe that Mavic Air has some bugs on current firmware version 1.00.200. So DONT TRY TO CONNECT WIFI MODE WITHOUT RC OR YOU WILL GET CONNECTION ISSUE. Hope DJI fix these issues sooner in next firmware.
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_gOCk1Pg2DL5Y
New
United Kingdom

Same story here: Lots of trouble connecting to the drone.... Now the upgrade failed and I can't do anything with it. Assistant2 does not manage to upgrade or restore factory settings.... The RC never manages to connect (the rear button never produces any beep for RC connection or WIFI....)
Feels all a bit erratic and uncontrolled.... I would appreciate help.
2018-3-17
Use props
HARIPRASAD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5374 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi all,
Its my first drone from DJI and i bought it juz hours back and i found this issue with the controller. first i contacted my dealer and he asked me to bring it to the store and then they will send it to DJI for checking, But no Replacement at all... then i contacted DJI support and they are also giving the same story. i lost my 1100$ without even flying it once. So DONT TRY TO CONNECT WIFI MODE WITHOUT RC OR YOU WILL GET CONNECTION ISSUE.
Now am waiting for a positive response from DJI and Dealer.. Pls check all these things before going to buy MAVIC AIR. #Mavic #DJI #air #issue #RC #warranty #UAE #Dubai #caution
2018-3-18
Use props
Paulo de Lucca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft
Brazil

Hi All, I'm having connection problems between Mavic Air and RC, I've tried all the methods I found on the web.

The first problem is that there is no response from Mavic air when I hold the button on the back of the AC, even holding enough time it hardly enters the connection mode, the times it entered could not synchronize.

I have tried to update the firmware by DJi Assitent 2 but when I connect the cable to the AC and it identifies a Mavic Pro and if this equipment is selected, the Assintent will not work.

I noticed on Youtube many people with this connection problem, the difference between my problem and all I saw is that my AC does not enter this mode the easy way as everyone shows, ie holding the button on the back for 3 sec.

Can anyone guide me how to proceed?

I'm in Brazil, I bought my Drone in the USA, I flew with him in Florida and once in Brazil, on the second attempt I lost the link between RC and AC.

I look forward to someone's help
2018-3-18
Use props
Djinaviceric
lvl.1
French Polynesia

Exactly the same issue ! I bought it in US (but didn't fly there) and brought back in France.
I can pair the controller OR connect the drone, but not both on same time... as soon as you use the function button on the drone it losts the connection with the other...
When I am wire connected, I can't go further third step... "continue" is in grey.
I have tried to refresh firmware, nothing
I have tried to downgrade, doesn't work.
I have tried to reinstall DJI GO 4, nothing.
Please help !
2018-4-8
Use props
JoshT712
New

United States

Djinaviceric Posted at 2018-4-8 14:48
Exactly the same issue ! I bought it in US (but didn't fly there) and brought back in France.
I can pair the controller OR connect the drone, but not both on same time... as soon as you use the function button on the drone it losts the connection with the other...
When I am wire connected, I can't go further third step... "continue" is in grey.

I am having the exact same issue.  I haven't been able to fly my DJI Mavic Air in 2 months.  I can't find anything that has fixed it.
2018-4-9
Use props
LastBoyScout
New
United Kingdom

milindian made a suggestion in this post to disable your mobile phone's data then connect via WiFi:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =132869&pid=1233097

That is what worked for me.
After successfully connecting via WiFi I was able to switch on my mobile phone's data again without disruption however you might want to bear in mind that there is the chance that if you lose connection that it won't be able to re-establish with the Mobile Data enabled.  Either way it's a problem that needs DJI to fix.

Additionally it is worth noting that I am able to scan the QR Code successfully AND connect to the Air's Wifi however the Go4 app fails to recognise the successful connection so I can't click "Done" and waiting for the auto-completion I get after disabling my mobile data doesn't happen.  This is also the case when manually configuring and connecting via WiFi.
2018-4-12
Use props
RATHEESH
New
United Arab Emirates

have the same issue.

I have tried to reset factory setting, reset firmware on both the aircraft and remote controller (by DJI Assistant 2 ), re-install DJI Go 4 on my iPhone 7  but it's still not connect. First time it's OK when i try connect the aircraft with Wifi mobile mode.
2018-5-31
Use props
Maverick_Air
New
Sweden

Hello All,
I had a similar problem with my Mavic Air which I received yesterday. Like most of you I've tried troubleshooting, and scouring the web for answers. To make a long story short, I finally tried updating the firmware of both the AC and RC using an Iphone 6. The updates worked and when I switched back to my Galaxy Note 4, I works, perfectly. Hope this helps. All the Best
2018-6-22
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Well folks..
hear closely..
I am using the air some 6 months and I face no problem at all, till today 2/7/18. The problem was connection failure. I have flown 3 days ago with no problem, so I wondered what may be the cause of this behavior of my drone. The only change I have done was the change of the SD card. I am using an SANDISK EXTREME PRO 32Gb U3 but instead I place my older LEXAR 633 U1 32Gb. (which I had to use just for one time to check out how this card reacts in 4K video. After that, I never use it any more cause 4K is a little too heavy for that card to record without issues.)
So with Lexar SD in place I had a total refuse from drone to be connected to RC. The yellow button was fast flashing indicating a faulty connection. I remove the LEXAR and replace it with my regular SANDISK EXTREME PRO SD card...and magically… everything got back to normal and the aircraft connected automatically within seconds.
So before desperate move to service, check out this way by replacing a possible faulty SD card cause as I realize the card is able to block our drone connection to RC.
I hope this may be helpful to all facing connection problems.  
2018-7-2
Use props
andre.schoeman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79081 ft

South Africa

Hi, I had connection issues after I updated my firmware on the DJI Assistant 2 Desktop Software on Windows.  I linked the drone again with the wire and had the option to reset to factory settings, then connected the drone with the DJI go 4 app on my Iphone, Connect to Aircrafts Wi-Fi,then Wired Connection, followed the steps and was fine afterwards.  Once connected and the drone was switched off it picked up firmware inconsistencies probably on drone and remote, did the update from the phone and all good now.   
2018-7-11
Use props
mochilaycamara
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69350 ft
Spain

Hi all,

I had the same what all of you said but casually I done what Monk32 said, I took out my SD card....and magically it went back to runs normal!
2018-10-14
Use props
fansd70583f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050 ft
Israel

Fantasia Posted at 2018-2-27 01:20
I’ve contacted to DJI Support, they told me bring it to the dealer who send it back to the factory for check and process a replacement. I believe that Mavic Air has some bugs on current firmware version 1.00.200. So DONT TRY TO CONNECT WIFI MODE WITHOUT RC OR YOU WILL GET CONNECTION ISSUE. Hope DJI fix these issues sooner in next firmware.
Yes,  i think that is what messed up my drone
2019-1-6
Use props
SebaTDF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
Dominican Republic

hola, alguien pudo resolver el tema de vincular AC con RC? yo tengo ese problema y no logro vincular ni tampoco logro que genere wifi el drone, volvi a versiones anteriores del AC y RC pero sigue sin vincular
2019-1-6
Use props
SebaTDF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
Dominican Republic

Paulo de Lucca Posted at 2018-3-18 02:29
Hi All, I'm having connection problems between Mavic Air and RC, I've tried all the methods I found on the web.

The first problem is that there is no response from Mavic air when I hold the button on the back of the AC, even holding enough time it hardly enters the connection mode, the times it entered could not synchronize.

hola pudiste resolver el problema de comunicacion del mavic air? yo tengo el mismo problema y no se como solucionarlo
2019-1-6
Use props
rob1uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133894 ft
United Kingdom

Because dji are ignorant cunts they dont give a flying fuck about how much anyone spent on there products Frang Wang needs hanging the fucking prick
2019-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules