Damaged battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mediable
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi everyone

Since updating the firmware on my Inspire 1 yesterday (to v01.11.01.50 (X3)) one of my TB48 intelligent batteries is showing a damaged cell. From what I can see on the internet this is a common problem with the batteries, a lot of the time coming from nowhere, and after a great deal of care there's no rhyme or reason.

However, to me, the voltages look the pretty similar between my good TB48 and the damaged TB48 - but what do you think? Is it still safe to use? (It's well out of warranty so no chance of getting it repaired for free). I drained it completely yesterday (by flying the Inspire in the garden) and leaving it turned on till it turned itself off, before fully charging in the hope it would rectify itself, but it didn't.

Screenshot_20180203-102455.png Screenshot_20180203-102513.png
Versus the good TB48 at:

Screenshot_20180203-102707.png Screenshot_20180203-102715.png

Any advice would be REALLY welcome. Thanks so much in advance,

Wes
Screenshot_20180203-102513.png
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Did you update your inspire 1 with the damaged one? Did you idle the battery for a long time? Please try to update it again or you can try to drain the battery and then fully charge it to see if it works. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-3
Use props
mediable
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-3 21:00
Hi, sir. Did you update your inspire 1 with the damaged one? Did you idle the battery for a long time? Please try to update it again or you can try to drain the battery and then fully charge it to see if it works. Thanks for your support.

Hi, can't remember if I used the damaged battery to update the firmware. When you say "idle the battry for a long time" do you mean not use it for a long time? I tried draining it and full charging and it still is showing it's damaged. Thanks for your help so far...
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mediable Posted at 2018-2-4 08:29
Hi, can't remember if I used the damaged battery to update the firmware. When you say "idle the battry for a long time" do you mean not use it for a long time? I tried draining it and full charging and it still is showing it's damaged. Thanks for your help so far...

You are welcome. If you do not use it for a long time and the method did not solve the problem, please buy a new one since the warranty period of your battery expired.
2018-2-8
Use props
mediable
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-8 02:37
You are welcome. If you do not use it for a long time and the method did not solve the problem, please buy a new one since the warranty period of your battery expired.

What is the press office details for DJI? - This clearly is an issue with batteries...
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules