Mavic Air: Rolling bars noticed on video playback.
1062 7 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrArtDept
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

New to drones in general. I bought the Mavic Air Wednesday and this is the second time I've taken it out. I noticed bars across the screen on playback that rolled, almost like the old TVs of the 80s periodically, specifically when I was travelling towards the sun. Is this common or do I have an issue with my drone? Any insight would be appreciated.
bars.jpg
2018-2-3
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Its probably from the sun blocked by the props spining......
2018-2-3
Use props
MrArtDept
lvl.1

United States

Anuvis Posted at 2018-2-3 08:01
Its probably from the sun blocked by the props spining......

That hadn't even occurred to me, good call sir.
2018-2-3
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Its not a problem i had this with my spark all the time when shooting in that angle with the sun.....An nd filter will reduce this efect
2018-2-3
Use props
fans6130bec4
lvl.1
United States

I have the exact same problem.  In another forum they also suggested ND filters to slow the shutter speed and reduce the strobe effect of the prop shadows.
I've ordered them.  Fingers crossed.

2018-2-3
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen this too. It’s more likely to occur when the camera is close to level. I try to make sure I shoot video in different directions and to shoot some video with the camera pointed down. Waiting for filters to be available.
2018-2-3
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I have seen flare blocker for the spark. A little plastic that blocks the sun from entering the lens directly. Search AliExpress
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is the shadow of the props. You can try to slow down the speed, avoid facing the sunlight or try to adjust the gimbal pitch. Hope it helps.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules