Goggles connected to Mavic Air goes black every few seconds
3685 10 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bynan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117589 ft
United States

Just got my Mavic Air, and also got some Goggles.  I hooked up the Googles to HDMI to my computer and they worked fine.  I hooked up the Goggles to my Mavic Air and about every 20 or 30 seconds, the Googles just go black.  I have to put the back button or the other button on the bottom there to make the screen come back, and it's reset at that point (like if I had the head track on, it's now off and I have to turn it back on).  Do I have something setup wrong or are these Googles bad and I need to send them back?
2018-2-3
Use props
bynan
lvl.2
United States

And, yes, I did make sure that I had the latest firmware for the Goggles and the remote controller...
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, Mavic Air now supports DJI Goggles, for your issue, please try to refresh the DJI Goggles firmware via DJI Assistant 2. See if it works.
2018-2-4
Use props
bynan
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-4 22:10
Hi there, Mavic Air now supports DJI Goggles, for your issue, please try to refresh the DJI Goggles firmware via DJI Assistant 2. See if it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7migHQnhP4g&index=4&list=PL8-vxWY64sBPfRAfQlrjsroLMp4YwkrYq

Yes, you'll see above that I said that I already made sure to update the firmware to the latest.  Unless there's been a firmware update over the last couple days?
2018-2-5
Use props
bynan
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-4 22:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7migHQnhP4g&index=4&list=PL8-vxWY64sBPfRAfQlrjsroLMp4YwkrYq

I just connected my Goggles to DJI Assistant 2, and like I said, they are at the most current firmware - 01.04.0200.  So, what is my next step?
2018-2-5
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

bynan Posted at 2018-2-5 19:18
I just connected my Goggles to DJI Assistant 2, and like I said, they are at the most current firmware - 01.04.0200.  So, what is my next step?

Sorry to hear about your problem !!!
I just got a pair but am only going to be using them on my Mavic Pro and Spark.
Looks like I better watch all of the tutorials and read the manual to get these things dialed in.

So it looks like if you did not miss some kind of setting, a firmware upgrade will be coming out in relation to the Mavic Air.
I hope your problem becomes rectified and happy flying !!!
2018-2-8
Use props
bynan
lvl.2
United States

FYI on this - there was new firmware released for the Mavic Air and the controller and the Goggles recently.  I upgraded all of them and was able to fly today for a whole battery with no issues.  So, I guess they fixed my problem?

My new problem:  With the Goggles connected, the Mavic Air will only go like 100 feet away from me in any direction.  With the phone connected, I know there's a menu I can go into and change the distance parameters, but I cannot find that setting in the Goggles menu.  Any ideas?
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_TolmNZ4kl69s
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62628 ft
United States

Try taking them off ECO Mode. I had the same exact issues you were having and updated everything. After exhausting all other options I disabled ECO mode and have not had any issues in a quick 6 minute flight.
2018-2-25
Use props
bynan
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_TolmNZ4kl69s Posted at 2018-2-25 11:26
Try taking them off ECO Mode. I had the same exact issues you were having and updated everything. After exhausting all other options I disabled ECO mode and have not had any issues in a quick 6 minute flight.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to look for this ECO Mode you speak of.  :-)  However, I did finally figure out the issue after reading some other posts.  Turns out that if you get the drone going with the phone connected so that it uses all your normal settings, then disconnect the phone and plug in the Goggles, everything works great.  I flew it for thousands of feet instead of like 100.  Everything worked great, including the gimbal head track mode and the flight head track mode.
2018-2-25
Use props
dgrauman
lvl.1
United States

bynan Posted at 2018-2-25 12:43
Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to look for this ECO Mode you speak of.  :-)  However, I did finally figure out the issue after reading some other posts.  Turns out that if you get the drone going with the phone connected so that it uses all your normal settings, then disconnect the phone and plug in the Goggles, everything works great.  I flew it for thousands of feet instead of like 100.  Everything worked great, including the gimbal head track mode and the flight head track mode.

Turning off Eco mode did it.  In Goggles main menu go to settings, Eco Mode, turn off.  There is no adjustment I have found for length of time before going into Eco mode... my friend's goggles don't do this with Eco mode on, but it is not a very useful setting if you remember to turn them off when not flying.
2018-3-29
Use props
eighmy
lvl.1

United States

dgrauman Posted at 2018-3-29 19:42
Turning off Eco mode did it.  In Goggles main menu go to settings, Eco Mode, turn off.  There is no adjustment I have found for length of time before going into Eco mode... my friend's goggles don't do this with Eco mode on, but it is not a very useful setting if you remember to turn them off when not flying.

Mine does the same thing... turning off economy mode fixes this.  I suspect that the "proximity sensor" located inside the googles in the middle is faulty and doesn't detect that your forehead is there.  I bought mine November 2020...  perhaps I got an older model from amazon.  Taking back.
2020-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules