Positive on new update.
1269 14 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

Did all the updates this am including the latest IOS and went for a two flights. Both over 1700 meters. One with my iPad mini 3 and one with iPhone 6s. The mini still seems to drop video feed but not as bad as it was. iPhone on the other hand was perfect. No other issues, no vobrations or erraticmovements, everything was stable and I achieved a new level of confidence after the last firmware update. I am not afraid to fly more than 100 meters anymore. If any one can tell me how to improve the video feed on my mini I would appreciate it. The mini is easier to see.
2018-2-3
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

the cheap little reflective units that give the anttena more of a directional beam work quote well..$8 us cheers D
2018-2-3
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Canada

This the video of my firmware test flight.It fixes all the problems that I had after the last update. Lots of wifi interference here as  a tower in my back yard services all the local islands.I would never have dared flown around the wifi tower in my back yard before. The camera did not stop recording. I have a good solid video feed on my iPhone 6s. Jerky on my iPad mini 3 but not the green bars and lost signals as before. I think DJIGo 4 is too much for it. All in all I can trust my drone again though I need stronger glasses. It is nice to have confidence again.
Filmed in Saltery Bay BC. filmed in 4K all settings default no filters. I did not check the new modes just a performance flight.

2018-2-3
Use props
wangrincreations
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

fansb885c69e Posted at 2018-2-3 17:27
This the video of my firmware test flight.It fixes all the problems that I had after the last update. Lots of wifi interference here as  a tower in my back yard services all the local islands.I would never have dared flown around the wifi tower in my back yard before. The camera did not stop recording. I have a good solid video feed on my iPhone 6s. Jerky on my iPad mini 3 but not the green bars and lost signals as before. I think DJIGo 4 is too much for it. All in all I can trust my drone again though I need stronger glasses. It is nice to have confidence again.
Filmed in Saltery Bay BC. filmed in 4K all settings default no filters. I did not check the new modes just a performance flight.

Did you notice any motor vibration?
2018-2-4
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Not flown since the last update, scared to update but looks like today I'll do it. This motor vibration issue seems like could be an issue though, anyone's phantom NOT suffering the motor vibe issue?
2018-2-4
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Canada

No motor vibration at all. I would have flown  more I was so happy but it started raining. I have been afraid to fly since the last update as well. I also have the HDMI module on my P4 some of the problems were associated with that I believe but with the new update no problems. So far.
2018-2-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Skyreat parabolic reflectors which slot over the antennae will give some directivity and increased reception/range if you keep them pointed toward the drone. Inexpensive too, about a tenner Sterling
2018-2-4
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-2-4 06:45
Skyreat parabolic reflectors which slot over the antennae will give some directivity and increased reception/range if you keep them pointed toward the drone. Inexpensive too, about a tenner Sterling

I have those but I do not think that is the problem. I believe that DJIGO4 just needs more processing power than an iPad 3 can handle. I have no reception problems on an iPhone 6s. The problem is not like the signal loss with the pixels and green bars as in the last firmware update. The screen freezes now and hesitates then will continue as if the feed is trying to keep up. Like a poor internet connection. It is still a vast improvement to the last firmware. I will try it again when the rain stops and I will try with the video cache turned off.
2018-2-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

fansb885c69e Posted at 2018-2-4 07:20
I have those but I do not think that is the problem. I believe that DJIGO4 just needs more processing power than an iPad 3 can handle. I have no reception problems on an iPhone 6s. The problem is not like the signal loss with the pixels and green bars as in the last firmware update. The screen freezes now and hesitates then will continue as if the feed is trying to keep up. Like a poor internet connection. It is still a vast improvement to the last firmware. I will try it again when the rain stops and I will try with the video cache turned off.

OK. Good luck with the weather - same here it's keeping me grounded. It's true that DJI Go4 requires a lot of processing power. I'm on Android with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it just about keeps up.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fansb885c69e Posted at 2018-2-4 07:20
I have those but I do not think that is the problem. I believe that DJIGO4 just needs more processing power than an iPad 3 can handle. I have no reception problems on an iPhone 6s. The problem is not like the signal loss with the pixels and green bars as in the last firmware update. The screen freezes now and hesitates then will continue as if the feed is trying to keep up. Like a poor internet connection. It is still a vast improvement to the last firmware. I will try it again when the rain stops and I will try with the video cache turned off.

Be careful.  I noticed when the screen freezes, the aircraft is further ahead in the flight than what is shown on the screen.  When I looked up to find it, it was maybe 200 feet ahead of the screen's indication.  Very odd, but I'm guessing the video buffer gets behind when it freezes and accounts for the discrepancy.

This is with an old Air 2 iPad which may be too slow for GO 4 now too.  Dunno.

2018-2-4
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-4 08:25
Be careful.  I noticed when the screen freezes, the aircraft is further ahead in the flight than what is shown on the screen.  When I looked up to find it, it was maybe 200 feet ahead of the screen's indication.  Very odd, but I'm guessing the video buffer gets behind when it freezes and accounts for the discrepancy.

This is with an old Air 2 iPad which may be too slow for GO 4 now too.  Dunno.

I agree. I try to keep my drone above the trees in case this happens but as I say I get no freeze with my newer iPhone 6s it's just so small with my old eyes.
2018-2-4
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

fansb885c69e, would you mind sir talking a very close look while you start spinning up the motors on your P4 and than letting go. Don’t take off just start spinning up and then release throttle while looking at the arms of your Phantom. I did not notice this behavior either for a few flights and then I actually looked for it and could easily see it. Appreciate your time.
2018-2-4
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

I has some erratic jerking movements on mine once the bird took off and hovered, it would stay in place just jerk around a lot.  The latest P4 firmware update stopped all that on mine.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Canada

Archangel3356 Posted at 2018-2-4 08:44
fansb885c69e, would you mind sir talking a very close look while you start spinning up the motors on your P4 and than letting go. Don’t take off just start spinning up and then release throttle while looking at the arms of your Phantom. I did not notice this behavior either for a few flights and then I actually looked for it and could easily see it. Appreciate your time.

I had to wait for the rain to stop. No vibration at all smooth.
2018-2-4
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107769 ft
United States

I also updated this morning.  All good.  After 6 months I can fly again.  
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules