1985 30 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I bought the mavic pro in 2016 I read 100s of threads on how it did not fly correctly. Now I after buying the mavic air I am seeing it again. Before flying both for the first time, I took my time and set them up appropriately. Not one single problem, and I really hope DJI is not losing consumers because of users errors.

Thank you for continous great products DJI!
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - the Air looks like a great new addition to the line up
2018-2-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes, mine works like a dream also, fabulous little drone, looking forward to using it when I'm on holiday or fishing.
2018-2-3
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Is not losing*
2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Where did you get from that DJI is losing consumers? With non-existant real competition right now, I believe DJI is actually expanding its user base like never before.
2018-2-3
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-3 11:17
Where did you get from that DJI is losing consumers?  With non-existant real competition right now, I believe DJI is actually expanding its user base like never before.

It was a typo. I meant I really hope that they are not*
2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-2-3 11:19
It was a typo. I meant I really hope that they are not*

They are not... I guess for every "lost" customer, they get at least 3 new.
I am extremely interested in small but capable drones and no one comes even close to DJI in that segment. Eagerly awaiting their new sub 250 grams one with ocusync or something even better. I don't care if it will be called Spark 2 or Mavic Nano or whatever, as long as I will be able to enjoy hobby freely like it used to be before annoying bureaucracy kicked in.
2018-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Unfortunately those that work well, those users don’t always come back to tell their story, so we are left to decipher through those who have problems or just have not mastered correct and patient set up.  Good luck.
2018-2-3
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

I'm curious if you've had any experience flying the Mavic Air in higher population density areas with numerous Wifi routers that could cause interference. I too had no issues with my P3A, but hesitant to step up to purchase the Mavic Air with its Wifi communication between aircraft and RC.
2018-2-3
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wingate I live in a pretty dense city/neighborhood and have had no Wi-Fi problems. To be honest in areas with a lot of interference it almost does as well as the mavic pro. Ad long as you don't try to fly to far ti fast, allow gps and wifi to get a solid connection before cruising off then the Wi-Fi is awesome. If you think about it there are telecommunications companies who can push Wi-Fi out 20 miles. Just an opinion, if it is the Wi-Fi scaring you away, I wouldn't let it.
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_8vwVSsovxPGK
lvl.3
Canada

I own MAVIC PRO, SPARK and now MAVIC AIR.

I've never had an issue until the Air.. Pulled it out of the box, updated firmware for all batteries... After going through the standard process, I tried to fly and had no satellites... Zero.

Talked to DJI support and they told me to connect to my computer using DJI Assitant 2 app. Factory reset later from PC and it was finally able to acquire satellites.

Suffice to say, the AIR flies just fine now... However it certainly wasn't as user-friendly as the other drones that I own from DJI.

Maybe it was a fluke... I'm just happy that DJI Support helped me out.
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. This is very important too!
2018-2-3
Use props
fans45368d72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 787464 ft
United States

I’m having some problems with my controller. I had it working perfectly yesterday. And today when I go to turn it on nothing happens no lights and it won’t charge. Any suggestions?
2018-2-3
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fans46368d72 what port are you trying to charge it from ?
2018-2-3
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

I got in a lot of flight time (for me) today with the Air and had no problems (other than the fact the RE goggles won't currently work with it ).

I am blown away by the obstacle avoidance system.  I watched a youtube that showed how much abuse the drone can take, so I tried my own, not-so-aggressively-destructive trial.  The main obstacles where I fly are mesquite trees and tree limbs.  In either forward or backwards mode, the drone really detects even the slightest number of branches and reacts.  I tried the full speed run directly at trees, branches and myself (not in sport mode!) and it never failed to halt 5-6 feet before the obstacle.  Very, very pleased.

And after trying the Spark and the Air while trying to diagnose the goggles issue, I really think the Air is much quieter than the Spark.

Very pleased, so far.
2018-2-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

windgate Posted at 2018-2-3 12:42
I'm curious if you've had any experience flying the Mavic Air in higher population density areas with numerous Wifi routers that could cause interference. I too had no issues with my P3A, but hesitant to step up to purchase the Mavic Air with its Wifi communication between aircraft and RC.

I had a Spark and it would go 50 mtrs before losing RC or feed, that's in an urban area, the Air goes significantly beyond that (around 200Mtrs) in the same environment.

I will be flying it for a range test on a farm this week (weather was terrible this week) & with the spark I managed 750mtrs so I'm expecting a bit more than that, although spotting it without binoculars could be a challenge!
2018-2-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

For the record mine works perfectly out of the box!
2018-2-3
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-3 16:24
I had a Spark and it would go 50 mtrs before losing RC or feed, that's in an urban area, the Air goes significantly beyond that (around 200Mtrs) in the same environment.

I will be flying it for a range test on a farm this week (weather was terrible this week) & with the spark I managed 750mtrs so I'm expecting a bit more than that, although spotting it without binoculars could be a challenge!

Thank for the reply. 200 meters would certainly be a disappointment -- but seems to confirm my concern that Wifi interference is a problem for the Mavic Air.
2018-2-3
Use props
fans45368d72
lvl.2
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-2-3 15:34
Fans46368d72 what port are you trying to charge it from ?

On the power adapter I’ve tried both of the USB ports. On the controller I connect it to the micro USB port on the left side of the controller
2018-2-3
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans45368d72 Posted at 2018-2-3 17:03
On the power adapter I’ve tried both of the USB ports. On the controller I connect it to the micro USB port on the left side of the controller

Are you using the USB that came with the aircraft? Did you charge it fully before first use? Are you using android and apple? how long were you using it before it died?
2018-2-3
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

windgate Posted at 2018-2-3 16:37
Thank for the reply. 200 meters would certainly be a disappointment -- but seems to confirm my concern that Wifi interference is a problem for the Mavic Air.

I have flown mine Significantly further than that. lets say a thousand meters while my wife watching with binoculars. You might have to move the antennas to get it but I have to do the same with the mavic pro.
2018-2-3
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

windgate Posted at 2018-2-3 12:42

I've flown a Spark and now my Mavic Air inside where I work. I was usually fairly close to the drone, but the place is lit up with wifi like a Christmas tree. It took me a long time to get up the courage to fly the Spark in the building. The only issue I had is that one of the rooms I flew in was a little too dark. The Spark drifted a bit as I flew it since it could not track the ground well and did not have GPS lock.
2018-2-3
Use props
fans45368d72
lvl.2
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-2-3 17:18
Are you using the USB that came with the aircraft? Did you charge it fully before first use? Are you using android and apple? how long were you using it before it died?

Yes I am using the cable that came with the aircraft with the micro USB adapter. It was fully charged yesterday and when I went to go fly the remote would do nothing when I try to turn it on.  I’m using my iPhone X. The same device that I few just fine on yesterday. I used it yesterday just in my house to make sure it was working and then today it’s not working. It won’t turn on and it won’t charge. When I plug the remote in to charge it blinks 2-4 times and then goes black.
2018-2-4
Use props
fans45368d72
lvl.2
United States

Yes I am using the cable that came with the aircraft with the micro USB adapter. It was fully charged yesterday and when I went to go fly the remote would do nothing when I try to turn it on.  I’m using my iPhone X. The same device that I few just fine on yesterday. I used it yesterday just in my house to make sure it was working and then today it’s not working. It won’t turn on and it won’t charge. When I plug the remote in to charge it blinks 2-4 times and then goes black.
2018-2-4
Use props
fans45368d72
lvl.2
United States

2018-2-4
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

nice to see someone not complaining for a change ;) Guess it's just normal that you get biased by all the negative experiences since for the good ones there isn't the need to come to a forum and complain necessarily.
2018-2-4
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans45368d72 Posted at 2018-2-4 00:51
Yes I am using the cable that came with the aircraft with the micro USB adapter. It was fully charged yesterday and when I went to go fly the remote would do nothing when I try to turn it on.  I’m using my iPhone X. The same device that I few just fine on yesterday. I used it yesterday just in my house to make sure it was working and then today it’s not working. It won’t turn on and it won’t charge. When I plug the remote in to charge it blinks 2-4 times and then goes black.

Alright last questions for you, what is the longest that you have let it charged? is the usb plugged flesh against the dji adapter? I would recommend plugging into Dji assistant and refreshing firmware on your drone and RC.
2018-2-4
Use props
fans45368d72
lvl.2
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-2-4 01:17
Alright last questions for you, what is the longest that you have let it charged? is the usb plugged flesh against the dji adapter? I would recommend plugging into Dji assistant and refreshing firmware on your drone and RC.

I have already updated hr firmware on the remote and the drone and did a very short test flight to confirm that it worked, and it did. I had the remote fully charged and then flew the drone for a few mins and then that night I put the batteries and remote back on the charger over night and in the morning the remote did work. ( batteries and drone charge and work just fine, just the remote is the problem). When I press the power button on the remote, nothing happens, no lights or anything. When I try to charge the remote, it lights up and looks like it is charging for 2-4 blinks and then the lights go off and the remote is completely black when I push the power button.
2018-2-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations. Looks like a super cool bird!
2018-2-4
Use props
fansd1aedb51
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just got my Air yesterday! I love it! Flies perfectly out of the box and everything works fine! Many thanks DJI for a fantastic drone. I'm selling all my other drones apart from my small eachine.
2018-2-10
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

MavicFit91 We are all diffrent some people buy a drone and just fly it then when things go bad they blame drone, but some of us read forums,Read manuals and watch youtube so we learn everything about a drone
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules