Mavic Air 360 Full Panoramic SAMPLES - Impossible to find?
18207 36 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TobH
lvl.2
Austria

Hello everyone, I can't seem to find any 360 Photos (Spheres) made by the Mavic Air.
Anyone?

Cheers!
2018-2-3
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's one. Not very good because it was cloudy, didn't stitch very well, but it is a sphere.
4.jpg
2018-2-3
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-3 21:39
Here's one. Not very good because it was cloudy, didn't stitch very well, but it is a sphere.

I like the clouds in this. It creates a nice texture around the outside.
2018-2-3
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137362 ft
Australia

Here is one loaded to Google Maps (I don't think this forum supports embedded 360 panospheres).

This was taken with the 360 panorama mode, but was manually stitched (and the zenith manually modified)

https://goo.gl/maps/AQBNDqKyTbL2
2018-2-4
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

WebCo Posted at 2018-2-4 00:37
Here is one loaded to Google Maps (I don't think this forum supports embedded 360 panospheres).

This was taken with the 360 panorama mode, but was manually stitched (and the zenith manually modified)

The auto stitched version has quite a lot of stitching errors and the process the autostitching uses to patch the hole at the top is pretty ugly).
2018-2-4
Use props
rb888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10177 ft
Germany

Here is one loaded to Google Maps (I don't think this forum supports embedded 360 panospheres).

Your picture is really superb!!

Which software did you use?
2018-2-4
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

rb888 Posted at 2018-2-4 04:01
Your picture is really superb!!

Which software did you use?

Stitched using a dedicated stitching product called PTGUIu and used custom scripts and Photoshop to replace the hole in the top (Zenith).

The Mavic Air actually does a pretty good job at the photos... exposure and coverage is reasonable... and it does it pretty fast.... but the autostitching is pretty ordinary, with lots of blurring on the joins...
2018-2-4
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

I've created a quick post comparing the autostitched Spere Panoramas with those manually stitched ones using the same original photos.

see: DJI Mavic Air - Spherical Panorma Comparison
2018-2-6
Use props
TobH
lvl.2
Austria

Nice one! What is the process uploading them to Google Maps? And why arent there any Credits visible?
2018-2-6
Use props
TobH
lvl.2
Austria

WebCo Posted at 2018-2-6 17:36
I've created a quick post comparing the autostitched Spere Panoramas with those manually stitched ones using the same original photos.

see: DJI Mavic Air - Spherical Panorma Comparison

Thanks, nice posting too. I am thinking of getting the PTGUI Pro Version, to be able to do Bracketing shots. You think its worth it?
Also, did you try ICE (Image composite Editor) by Microsoft? Its free and seems to work quite well sometimes at least.
2018-2-6
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

TobH Posted at 2018-2-6 18:18
Nice one! What is the process uploading them to Google Maps? And why arent there any Credits visible?

Uploading to Google Maps is very straigthforward.....just upload it as you would any other photo....

Not sure what you mean about "Credits" though ??
2018-2-6
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

TobH Posted at 2018-2-6 18:27
Thanks, nice posting too. I am thinking of getting the PTGUI Pro Version, to be able to do Bracketing shots. You think its worth it?
Also, did you try ICE (Image composite Editor) by Microsoft? Its free and seems to work quite well sometimes at least.

I have played with ICE but found it a but limiting.... PTGUI is very powerful, but there is a bit of a learning curve involved.... Once you get the process down it becomes pretty easy and can even be batch processed.
2018-2-6
Use props
aarongeis
New

United Kingdom

Hi, If you use the 360 panorama mode to do the shooting are you then able to export full res RAW files to use for manual stitching? If so what is the max pixel dimensions you're getting for the equirec'. TIA, Aaron
2018-2-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

WebCo Posted at 2018-2-6 18:44
Uploading to Google Maps is very straigthforward.....just upload it as you would any other photo....

Do you need to inject MetaData prior to uploading to Maps to make it interactive?
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks good to me!
2018-2-7
Use props
TobH
lvl.2
Austria

WebCo Posted at 2018-2-6 18:44

Hm, I didnt find any option to upload pictures there.  And I worked a lot with maps, also created custom google maps etc... Can you give me a hint?
By Credits i meant, I dont see where you are being given credit for taking the photo. I dont doubt you took it, but from the outside it looks like its made by google
2018-2-7
Use props
aarongeis
New

United Kingdom

TobH Posted at 2018-2-6 18:18
Nice one! What is the process uploading them to Google Maps? And why arent there any Credits visible?

If you enter a place name in the Maps search bar such as 'Whites Hill State College' you will see a link titled 'Add a Photo' under the thumbnail photos in the Knowledge Graph (panel of information). Click on that and you can upload a 360 photo (needs to be in 2:1 ratio). The credit is in the upper lefthand corner, just under the place name. In this case, they have a Google account set up for their business so the credit reads 'Business View'. If you click on the credit you will be taken to their portfolio of contributions. You can also add a line of information if you enter something in the 'Caption' field of the metadata (easy to do in Lightroom).
2018-2-7
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

aarongeis Posted at 2018-2-7 03:26
Hi, If you use the 360 panorama mode to do the shooting are you then able to export full res RAW files to use for manual stitching? If so what is the max pixel dimensions you're getting for the equirec'. TIA, Aaron

When you select Spherical Panorama mode you get an option whether or not to save the indiividual photos as well... not sure if you get a RAW option... but the JPGs I worked with are 4056 x 3040.
2018-2-7
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

TobH Posted at 2018-2-7 04:57
Hm, I didnt find any option to upload pictures there.  And I worked a lot with maps, also created custom google maps etc... Can you give me a hint?
By Credits i meant, I dont see where you are being given credit for taking the photo. I dont doubt you took it, but from the outside it looks like its made by google

Thanks for responding to this Aaron ... Yes... to add a photo you need to first select a specific location or business.
2018-2-7
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-7 03:40
Do you need to inject MetaData prior to uploading to Maps to make it interactive?

It depends on how the image was generated.... I've not tried uploading an auto-stitched pano, or one created by ICE (the w=quyality ios just not good enough IMO)... but the panosphere crea6ed by PTGUI does not require any special meta data or tweaking.
2018-2-7
Use props
exos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425486 ft
Canada

Tried it with Kolor Autopano, but no success. The cover was not enough, not sure about which focal length to input either.
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_qRqq8UGE9b0f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353100 ft
United States

Wow...that was amazing however you did it...the homes in the foreground looked tact sharp.
2018-2-12
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

exos Posted at 2018-2-12 14:49
Tried it with Kolor Autopano, but no success. The cover was not enough, not sure about which focal length to input either.

I've not yet tried it with Autopano... but there should be enough photos for decent coverage... unless you are flying too low... I suggest experimenting the focal length setting
2018-2-14
Use props
TobH
lvl.2
Austria

Hello Aaron! I am having trouble with creating a decent PanoShphere using the Mavic.  It gives me 25 images, but they seem to leave out the upper part of the horizon. How did you do this? Maybe it only works on higher areal shots, if there is not much above the drone horizon? I tried it on very low altitude ,and that doesnt seem to work. Or am I doing something wrong?
2018-2-19
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres a tiny planet off mine
IMG_20180218_235425-01.jpeg
2018-2-19
Use props
astropete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81224 ft
United Kingdom

Here is one 360 image. This is processed from 'flat' 2D image with Photoshop. When you select to save individual RAW images as well you can pick what ever portion from your 360 shot to produce nice panoramas.

Here is a separate panorama from that same 360 image combined from individual 6 frames.

Panorama.jpg

2018-2-19
Use props
astropete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81224 ft
United Kingdom

TobH Posted at 2018-2-19 02:51
Hello Aaron! I am having trouble with creating a decent PanoShphere using the Mavic.  It gives me 25 images, but they seem to leave out the upper part of the horizon. How did you do this? Maybe it only works on higher areal shots, if there is not much above the drone horizon? I tried it on very low altitude ,and that doesnt seem to work. Or am I doing something wrong?[view_image]

The MA camera can only shoot 22 degrees up, so your image is perfectly normal.
2018-2-19
Use props
TobH
lvl.2
Austria

astropete Posted at 2018-2-19 05:15
The MA camera can only shoot 22 degrees up, so your image is perfectly normal.

thats a pity. I was hoping to use it for a 360 camera substitute. Looks like that only works if there is nothing higher than 20° over the horizon.
2018-2-19
Use props
walter5
New

South Africa

I have found an App for Apple that makes the flat photo a sphere. You cant zoom into it but still looks cool
App is called Rollworld
2018-2-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Here is how to post 360s in the Forum.https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2&fromuid=47441
2018-2-27
Use props
ROCDESIGN
lvl.2

https://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji-panoramic-sugarloaf
2018-3-25
Use props
Trevlan006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475118 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does anyone know why the 360 photo when downloaded does not come out 360? Just like others it is more like an awful pano
2018-3-26
Use props
MuuSer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5036 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

My tiny planet with stork nest:

As Mavic Air panorama or 360 selfstitching is not good but on the contrary - opposite to good, pictures are autostitched with Affinity Photo and then applied "little planet" effect.
2018-6-17
Use props
tarex
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Viridis Posted at 2018-2-19 02:58
Heres a tiny planet off mine

which program did you use for this picture?, I took a sphere photo and download it to my phone, the photo is flat, I need a program which will stich a photo and make a planet photo...
2018-8-16
Use props
Aenghus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41260 ft

Here are a few recent ones. In each case the initial pano was shot w/the drone:
2018-8-20
Use props
Aenghus
lvl.2

Here is one. In this case only the initial pano was shot w/the drone: https://allaroundnevada.com/wp-content/vr/VC/cemetery/combined/
and another:
https://allaroundnevada.com/wp-content/vr/VC/VTshed/combined18/
2018-8-20
Use props
Aenghus
lvl.2

WebCo Posted at 2018-2-7 15:35
When you select Spherical Panorama mode you get an option whether or not to save the indiividual photos as well... not sure if you get a RAW option... but the JPGs I worked with are 4056 x 3040.

Max:

18880 X 9440
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules