Gimbal overload error
1218 8 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44541 ft
United States

I purchased a mavic pro fly more combo in December Last year (About 2 months Ago).  I got this weird gimbal overload error, remove clamp.
The clamp was not attached of course, and the camera was swinging windly and hitting the body on its own. I turned of the drone, took off the battery. I thought it was related to firmware update, so I switched it on again.
The error came back. I waited for some time, turned it on again, and this time it was okay. However, mid air, it started swinging wildly, and then I lost focus and it came at a weird angle.
This is my video.

Now every time I turn it on gimbal swings wildly and I get this Gimbal overload error.
I tried calibration of IMU and it went through fine.
After that I started Gimbal calibration, and it fails. Sometimes it goes upto 31%, sometimes as high as 68%. After 5-6 tries I gave up.

Can somebody tell me what to do? I went to DJI site and there is "repair" support. However, it does not have "warranty" support written anywhere. Since I purchased it in 2017 December, its still in warranty. Any tips on what more troubleshooting I can do? This was my first flight after firmware update last weekend.

Here is the video
[backcolor=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]

2018-2-4
Use props
Ivanski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

Probably you got to sent back for repair.
Here is the link : https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2018-2-4
Use props
m
lvl.1
United States

Ivanski Posted at 2018-2-4 00:22
Probably you got to sent back for repair.
Here is the link : https://www.dji.com/service/repair

This same link is to be used for warranty repairs too?
2018-2-4
Use props
Ivanski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

m@v1c Posted at 2018-2-4 00:37
This same link is to be used for warranty repairs too?

I think so. You can just fill in the form and ask in there to confirm.
2018-2-4
Use props
m
lvl.1
United States

Ivanski Posted at 2018-2-4 01:37
I think so. You can just fill in the form and ask in there to confirm.

Thanks. I got a shipping label. But it does not say whether I should ship with batter or without battery/remote

Should I just ship the drone without propellers and remote control and battery?
2018-2-5
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Send the drone only, remember to re-link when it comes back.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

m@v1c Posted at 2018-2-5 18:48
Thanks. I got a shipping label. But it does not say whether I should ship with batter or without battery/remote

Should I just ship the drone without propellers and remote control and battery?

Hi, there. Did you try to upgrade the firmware of drone again? If you reboot the drone and the problem remains, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-11
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87415 ft
  • >>>
United States

How cold is the weather where you live because nobody took into account that the cold weather could cause this? This happened to my Spark while in Austria and I gave it a break and it worked again. This is just another point of view and train of thought to think about. I doesn't look too cold where you live but as I said earlier you can never be too sure what it is. Hope you get it back in the air again.
2018-2-13
Use props
m
lvl.1
United States

Okay, an update.
I sent the Mavic back to DJI. One day after receiving I got a message that this is a warranty repair
so I have new Gimbal

Got drone back, and re-activated and paired my controller again. Works like a charm.
Great DJI service. Took 7 working days from the day I shipped by drone via UPS to the day I got it back.

I did not interact with any DJI engineer, and there were no follow up questions asked by them.
My only question is that since I re-activated, can I now go ahead and apply for DJI Go Protect. I did not have it before.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules