Gimbal disconnected
1175 6 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottaddyman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46293 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, I really could do with some advice for my P3S as i am going skiing in a week and the drone has been showing a Gimbal disconnected message and does not allow me to record or take any pictures. I still have a live video feed and control over the gimbal. I have tried the usual IMU calibiration and gimbal calibration however these have not been successful and therefore im still in the same situation. Please can i have advice on this as the main reason i baught the drone was for taking footage like this.

Thanks guys

Scott
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Scott, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? According to your description, it looks like the misinformation as you can still control the gimbal. Please try to restart all devices and reinstall the APP to check again. Regarding the camera, please try to reset the camera settings and format the SD card to confirm.
2018-2-5
Use props
scottaddyman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Susan, thanks for getting back to me. I am using the iPhone 7 or the iPad Air, the APP version is 3.1.27.i have done all the other suggested things in your comment but no luck
2018-2-5
Use props
scottaddyman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 03:45
Hey Scott, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? According to your description, it looks like the misinformation as you can still control the gimbal. Please try to restart all devices and reinstall the APP to check again. Regarding the camera, please try to reset the camera settings and format the SD card to confirm.

I have tried the above and it has not worked also the app said that there is a new firmware available to download which i have tried. however the update only goes to 40% and then makes a loud beeping noise. not the normal update beep and the update freezes. I left the drone beeping for a while to come back with the same noice and the gimbal very hot?

Thanks again for your help
2018-2-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Format the card and try again.  If that doesn't work, unplug the gimbal wires and plug in again.  As a thought, do the gimbal first and see if that helps.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

scottaddyman Posted at 2018-2-5 14:31
I have tried the above and it has not worked  also the app said that there is a new firmware available to download which i have tried. however the update only goes to 40% and then makes a loud beeping noise. not the normal update beep and the update freezes. I left the drone beeping for a while to come back with the same noice and the gimbal very hot?

Thanks again for your help

Have you tried to update the firmware again? If still no luck, I'm sorry you may consider to send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-8
Use props
Caliphantom
New
United States

My new phantom 4 pro was working fine until I tried to fly it today... states DISCONNECTED on the main DJI page.... also states Aircraft battery Temperature N/A.... and states Gimbal disconnected.. it's only been used a few times. Frustrated.. Help Please..!

2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules