how do i navigate to my dji files on iPhone
15353 8 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shovel95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279944 ft
Costa Rica

cant seem to locate my dji files on iPhone.
it was easy on my samsung s8+, simply went to my files, navigated to sd disk and found it quickly.

Not so with this iphone its a 7+. Im admittedly lost with finding my way around the iphone. frustrating I cant complete what I thought woiuld be a simple task. DOH

anyways, I want top to get to the videos that are asaved on the PHONE. Already got the ones from the maVIC.

I DID attempt to find this subject hetre at the forum but couldnrt find any info here as well. Just isnt my day for getting the answer on my own....

thanks
2018-2-4
Use props
shovel95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279944 ft
Costa Rica

well, now I don't feel so bad. Did I stump the Gurus? Or am I asking in the wrong place??. In Android its SO easy. Just open storage, select internal or
external disk AND WOOP THERE IT IS.......Surely Apple has SOME kind of logical filing system??

PLEASE HELP IM IN THE FOREST AND CANT SEE THE DAMN TREES!

2018-2-4
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great question! I've always been an Android guy, the only Apple product I own is a Mini 4 and the only apps I've added are drone related.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to navigate around the files.
2018-2-4
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

You can go to iTunes , connect to the computer with your iPhone (in my case Mini 4). Click on the iPhone symbol. click on the App sharing file . It will bring up the apps on your phone. Find DJI GO 4 app and click on it and you should get all its files. Mainly the log files and flight records are the ones I look at. Hope that helps?
2018-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You can copy the videos in Go 4 to your photo album, once there you can use one of the several ways iOS offers to share the video, or nab it directly via iTunes on a desktop as described by B1houdini.

iOS until recently didn't have a way to directly manage files, but DJI will have to code a future version of Go 4 to take advantage of the functionality.
2018-2-4
Use props
Digitalfeat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467946 ft
  • >>>
United States

On both iPhone and iPad, connect to computer then using iTunes to navigate to File Sharing then click on DJI GO 4. Select all then save to your hard drive. You will notice that all your stills and videos are in the videoCache folder. Also saved are your logs, db's, and all necessary files should you ever need to restore your DJI GO 4 settings.
2020-3-9
Use props
Worldrambler
New

United States

I had an unfortunate situation a few days ago when I permanently lost my drone. As I was flying it, a gust of wind blew it out into the ocean along with the SD card. So now all I have left are the footages left on the phone. I was able to transfer the files onto my Mac book but what I can't seem to open up or see are files from the two previous days. There looked like two file names of the dates of Sunday Amy 9th and Saturday May 8th but the files look empty or not able to open. And now that I transfered the exsisting files to new folders the previous file names are no longer showing up and can not find.     
2021-5-15
Use props
JChad
lvl.1
United States

Worldrambler Posted at 5-15 10:43
I had an unfortunate situation a few days ago when I permanently lost my drone. As I was flying it, a gust of wind blew it out into the ocean along with the SD card. So now all I have left are the footages left on the phone. I was able to transfer the files onto my Mac book but what I can't seem to open up or see are files from the two previous days. There looked like two file names of the dates of Sunday Amy 9th and Saturday May 8th but the files look empty or not able to open. And now that I transfered the exsisting files to new folders the previous file names are no longer showing up and can not find.

What phone - iPhone, Samsung?

You mention Mac Book, so I am going to guess iPhone.  Next question - how did you do a transfer?

I assume you still have DJI app.  Have you noticed the following?
1. Open DJI app (Go4)
2. On bottom icon bar, click Editor icon
3. On top menu bar, click Album
4. Select any video
5. On bottom leftmost icon, click.  This should allow a copy of that video to be sent to your Photos Album.
6. Transfer a copy from Photos to the device of your choice.  I use a USB cable and any of the Photos files can by copied to my computer.
2021-5-16
Use props
Rynn Parraw
New

Canada

go to profile/me, then settings, then clear cache.
2022-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules