Where to download firmware for remote
9839 20 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian Jones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474413 ft
United Kingdom

I've just bricked my I1 remote controller by trying to upgrade it from firmware 1.7.60 to 1.7.80. The upgrade failed to complete. Now I'd like to reinstall 1.7.60 to get it working again. Where can I download 1.7.60 from? I can't find it anywhere on the DJI website.

2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

an admin or somebody with it saved will have to send it to you. have you tried to roleback the FW via the app?
2018-2-4
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Just roll the FW back and then try again .
2018-2-4
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try this:
https://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-2-4 08:21
Try this:
https://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

they removed all prior FW after the ones where the app requires the laws built in
2018-2-4
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-4 08:16
an admin or somebody with it saved will have to send it to you. have you tried to roleback the FW via the app?

No, I haven't tried that. the only earlier version I have to roll back to is 1.6. After recycling the power the remote has now come back up and shows firmware 1.7.80. However I have no control over the camera. Can't set it into A or S modes, can't set the aperture or shutter speed. I'm not going to fly this thing until I've rolled everything back, I don't trust it an inch!
2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

if the AC has already been updated, match the RC to that FW. then you may need to relink the AC/RC
2018-2-4
Use props
fans8c8f0a0a
lvl.1

United States

I recently acquired an Inspire 1 pro v2 black edition. I am wondering if I should update the firmware from 1.8.1.00 to the latest version Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.11.1.50. My controller is on 1.7.80, DJIGo app is on 3.1.27.

Thanks in advance.
Jamie W.
2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans8c8f0a0a Posted at 2018-2-4 10:08
I recently acquired an Inspire 1 pro v2 black edition. I am wondering if I should update the firmware from 1.8.1.00 to the latest version Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.11.1.50. My controller is on 1.7.80, DJIGo app is on 3.1.27.

Thanks in advance.

I updated only because I got a Z3 and needed the FW on the bird. haven't had any issues yet
2018-2-4
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ian Jones Posted at 2018-2-4 09:22
No, I haven't tried that. the only earlier version I have to roll back to is 1.6. After recycling the power the remote has now come back up and shows firmware 1.7.80. However I have no control over the camera. Can't set it into A or S modes, can't set the aperture or shutter speed. I'm not going to fly this thing until I've rolled everything back, I don't trust it an inch!

And now it's all started working again! This is weird!

However I next tried to update my slave controller and that failed too. It now thinks it's a P3 controller and refuses to connect to the master controller or load firmware for the Inspire.

This whole thing is a mess!
2018-2-4
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ian Jones Posted at 2018-2-4 10:59

However I next tried to update my slave controller and that failed too. It now thinks it's a P3 controller and refuses to connect to the master controller or load firmware for the Inspire.

I've requested the 1.7.60 and 1.7.80 BIN files from DJI support, I'll try to reload them using the USB port.

After this, I'm never going to upgrade any DJI firmware again!
2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ian Jones Posted at 2018-2-4 10:59

yeah i had that issue with a RC I bought how ebay. it thought it was a P3P RC... i returned it since couldnt get it to work
2018-2-4
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-4 11:28
yeah i had that issue with a RC I bought how ebay. it thought it was a P3P RC... i returned it since couldnt get it to work

Oh, and I also "upgraded" to the latest firmware on the I1, and now it won't go into travel mode...
2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ian Jones Posted at 2018-2-4 12:25
Oh, and I also "upgraded" to the latest firmware on the I1, and now it won't go into travel mode...

so both AC and RC have the latest FW? you prob just need to re-link the RC an AC
2018-2-4
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-4 12:36
so both AC and RC have the latest FW? you prob just need to re-link the RC an AC

I did, and the master RC and a/c seem to playing nicely together now.

Slave RC is still bricked, the status light is white and it seems to think it's a P3 controller. Can't do anything with it. Have put in a support request to DJI.

It's a good thing I don't rely on DJI gear for my income. Oh wait, I do!
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ian, sorry for the late response, the V1.7.8 firmware of RC cannot be downgraded to the previous version, since you can downgrade to V1.6.0 and the APP recognizes the RC as Phantom 3, please refer to the following steps to force the RC to update:
Before switching on the RC, please keep pressing C1+C2+Video button+Camera Setting Dial, power on, then release all the buttons, enter DJI Go APP to update again.
If the firmware still fails to be updated, please send in the RC for further evaluation, thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 04:30
Ian, sorry for the late response, the V1.7.8 firmware of RC cannot be downgraded to the previous version, since you can downgrade to V1.6.0 and the APP recognizes the RC as Phantom 3, please refer to the following steps to force the RC to update:
Before switching on the RC, please keep pressing C1+C2+Video button+Camera Setting Dial, power on, then release all the buttons, enter DJI Go APP to update again.
If the firmware still fails to be updated, please send in the RC for further evaluation, thank you.

I tried this, the GO App wants to upgrade the RC controller to version 1.9.3, which is presumably a P3 firmware.
2018-2-7
Use props
Ian Jones
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 04:30
Before switching on the RC, please keep pressing C1+C2+Video button+Camera Setting Dial, power on, then release all the buttons, enter DJI Go APP to update again.

I decided to go ahead with the update just to see what would happen. It told me it was upgrading to 1.9.3, and then magically it upgraded to 1.7.80 for the Inspire 1 ! It's all working perfectly now! I have no idea what happened, I'm just happy that it sorted itself out.

Thank you for your help, I was on the point of ordering a replacement controller but now I'm good to go again.

Please ask your engineers to test firmware upgrades more thoroughly in future, this upgrade procedure was very messy indeed.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ian Jones Posted at 2018-2-7 01:14
I decided to go ahead with the update just to see what would happen. It told me it was upgrading to 1.9.3, and then magically it upgraded to 1.7.80 for the Inspire 1 ! It's all working perfectly now! I have no idea what happened, I'm just happy that it sorted itself out.

Thank you for your help, I was on the point of ordering a replacement controller but now I'm good to go again.

Glad to know the issue got sorted out, sorry again for the trouble caused, we will keep improving our products to make you have a better experience, please keep me updated if there is other problem.
2018-2-8
Use props
rfarish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 913504 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I accidentally upgraded my RC before the AC and now the AC is in Travel mode with the blue light and I am stuck. Searching the internet, lots of people say go on the DJI GO app and hold down the 'Academy Icon' so you can access previous firmware for the RC but the icon isnt there anymore. What can I do to resolve this? Please help.
2018-11-11
Use props
rfarish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 913504 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rfarish Posted at 11-11 01:25
I accidentally upgraded my RC before the AC and now the AC is in Travel mode with the blue light and I am stuck. Searching the internet, lots of people say go on the DJI GO app and hold down the 'Academy Icon' so you can access previous firmware for the RC but the icon isnt there anymore. What can I do to resolve this? Please help.

Thanks to Heliguy, I have resolved the issue. The academy Icon is no more so you just hold down the three bar menu stack in the top right corner of the app. Release after about 10 seconds and the downgrade/ roll back firmware option is on the screen. If DJI would just post a warning on the screen re 'Upgrade AC first then RC', then it wouldnt be so stressful.

Thanks Heliguy
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules