Does Anyone Know How Map Caching Works in Pilot App?
2850 1 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chad
lvl.2

United States

Hi guys -

I have an iPad mini, wifi-only. I noticed that the maps all still work when I'm out in the field (Los Angeles, Ca and Scottsdale, AZ so far), even though I don't have a data connection. Does anyone know how the map caching is working exactly? I doubt that the app has 100% of the world's map images cached in the app by default right? Assuming this is the case, does anyone have any solid idea or guesses as to how it works? For example, if I go to Hawaii or Bali and don't have a data connection while I'm there will I still have map images?

Tnx!
2015-4-28
Use props
chad
lvl.2

United States

This thread pretty much answers my question:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... light=cache&lang=en

To summarize:

Caching the map will save the maps so that they can be viewed in app when no internet connection is available. You should turn this setting on if you will not have internet connection when flying. To do this, turn it on in settings. Then go into the map in the app and find the area you will be flying. Zoom into that area as far is it will let you zoom and also the area around the location (just to be safe). If you have Internet connection then don't worry about this setting. - tpallai

2015-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules