DJI Assistant 2 Issue with Mavic Air
11901 16 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go said I need to calibrate my vertical sensors.  I was having an issue successfully calibrating with the app so I installed DJI Assistant 2 per suggestion but the app doesn'tseem to work.

First, after connecting, it doesn't show a Mavic Air icon but Mavic Pro (see image).  And then when I select it, I just get a blank screen.   The next screen never loads.   I've never had a MP and this is my first time installing the app on my machine.  I downloaded directly from DJI.com this morning so I presume it's the most recent version.

Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 12.41.12 PM.png
2018-2-4
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm also obviously on a Mac running the latest version of High Sierra.

Also, related/unrelated question, if you look at the bottom of the unit when the Mavic Air is powered on, should you see both bottom sensors flashing?  
As right now, after a bit of a hard landing, only one of mine seem to be blinking red.  Thus the warning to calibrate, likely my inability to do so using DJI Go, and the reason I installed DJI Assistant to begin with.  
2018-2-4
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

That looks like it might not be the latest version. Can you check the version number in Assistant and let us know what is. It does sound like there might be something wrong with the Air if you can not calibrate it using the mobile app.
2018-2-4
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438852 ft
United States

that happen to me as well, there is a new version of dji assistent 2 after you install it will see it as Mavic Air
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please reinstall the latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2 on the official website, see if it works.
2018-2-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wrong version!
2018-2-6
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yup.  It was.  But how I was able to even download the wrong version two days ago from that very same page is anyone's guess.

So I was able to calibrate all my sensors.  Is there any way to run a deeper post-crash diagnostic or in the event there was a critical failure would I just be notified?  It might just be me but it seems as if my fans are running louder when idle.

Also, can anyone chime in on this one?  If you look at the bottom of the unit when the Mavic Air is powered on, should you see both bottom sensors flashing?   I just want to confirm I'm not down a sensor before I put it up again.  If I look here, I can only see one led active on the bottom.  Not sure if that's normal or not.  

Mavic Air bottom sensors

Mavic Air bottom sensors

2018-2-6
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

If a Mavic Air owner could just flip their bird over to confirm this for me that'd be great.
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

rookpsu12 Posted at 2018-2-7 07:09
If a Mavic Air owner could just flip their bird over to confirm this for me that'd be great.

I have just tested and it is the same with mine. I could imagine that they have different functions and are not necessarily on at the same time. If you want 100% confirmation I suggest you open a new thread with this question to draw the attention of the DJI Team on it.
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-7 07:56
I have just tested and it is the same with mine. I could imagine that they have different functions and are not necessarily on at the same time. If you want 100% confirmation I suggest you open a new thread with this question to draw the attention of the DJI Team on it.

Thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You are most welcome! :-)
2018-2-7
Use props
AM0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

Check this video around 0:46

There is also only one flashing.
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AM0 Posted at 2018-2-7 11:41
Check this video around 0:46
https://youtu.be/LPlQvmoJU0Y
There is also only one flashing.

Thank ya much.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

rookpsu12 Posted at 2018-2-6 16:32
Yup.  It was.  But how I was able to even download the wrong version two days ago from that very same page is anyone's guess.

So I was able to calibrate all my sensors.  Is there any way to run a deeper post-crash diagnostic or in the event there was a critical failure would I just be notified?  It might just be me but it seems as if my fans are running louder when idle.

When starting the drone, only one sensor will be flashing. Is there any impact damage? Please check if the drone status is all normal in the app. If there is an error, please help to confirm what is it. Thank you.
2018-2-8
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-8 21:02
When starting the drone, only one sensor will be flashing. Is there any impact damage? Please check if the drone status is all normal in the app. If there is an error, please help to confirm what is it. Thank you.

It's missing one of the small rubber landing feet, directly to the right of the downward sensors (you can see the broken foot in the image above). Outside of that, just a scratch or two.  I'm just going to send it back and get it over with.  
2018-2-9
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265079 ft
Netherlands

i had the same issue thanks for pointing out to the correct version! dll files arent trusted tough
2018-2-19
Use props
fans922fa5cd
New

Vietnam

Hello
please help me
My Mavic air reports downward error infrared sensor calibration error, cannot capture panorama and some other flight functions
What can I do
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules