Mavic Pro ascends to max altitude without using control stick
672 9 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Remee
lvl.1
United States

I was flying by the Ocean in San Diego CA and after one good flight, my Mavic Pro would not simply hover at the same altitude. Once it takes off  to  say 20 feet, if  I take my hands off the controls, the drone will continue to ascend higher at a rapid rate as if the controler stick is pushed to full forward.   It would have continued up until I pulled the stick down to full.
It did not respond well but did start going down very slowly!   I tryed return to home and the drone came to the home point but would not land unless I held the stick in the down position.   Possible cause?   
2018-2-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

maybe something has upset/affected the rc calibration? recalibrate?
2018-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Facing the sun? The sun or the sun's reflections on water can trick the OA and cause the AC to try to climb over the detected "obstacle." One way to get around this situation is to switch to Sports Mode to regain control over the AC.
2018-2-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-4 15:16
Facing the sun? The sun or the sun's reflections on water can trick the OA and cause the AC to try to climb over the detected "obstacle." One way to get around this situation is to switch to Sports Mode to regain control over the AC.

interesting, thanks for that- something to remember
2018-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Have you looked at your flight logs for clues?
2018-2-4
Use props
Remee
lvl.1
United States

I will give that a try.  Thanks
2018-2-4
Use props
Remee
lvl.1
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-4 14:52

Thanks I will try re-calibrating the RC
2018-2-4
Use props
Remee
lvl.1
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-4 14:52

The day was very bright and took off facing the ocean and flew over the water along the shore line. Sounds like a possibility.

I will try switching to sport mode! Thanks
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Remee Posted at 2018-2-4 19:55
The day was very bright and took off facing the ocean and flew over the water along the shore line. Sounds like a possibility.

I will try switching to sport mode! Thanks

Yes, if the drone is flying towards the strong light, when OA system is activated, the drone might ascend and the app will make the beeping sound. So if there is a need to fly when facing the strong light, you can try to switch off the Obstacle Avoidance System, but please pay attention to the environment and keep flying safely. Or avoid flying towards the strong light condition. Thanks.
2018-2-6
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

When transporting a dji machine in your vehicle it is important to place the package well away from the vehicle sound system speakers (they use strong magnets) as they can really mess with the magnets in the controller sticks and the compass in the flight system.

* Hex *
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules