Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Transmission Signal
3340 15 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

I got a mavic about a month ago, and recently, when flying from my apartment complex (that's the only place I've flown it so far), I realized I'm not able to fly the drone for more than about 5000 ft without losing signal. Also, I begin losing transmission signal at only 2000 ft. Interference warnings have popped up in the app: "Strong interference to aircraft", and (weak signal, adjust/avoid blocking the antenna). Is that supposed to happen in suburbs, or is there an issue?
2018-2-4
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

That's normal. Where I live it is impossible to go further than about 3300 feets without losing signal.
5500 feets is great.
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-4 11:36
That's normal. Where I live it is impossible to go further than about 3300 feets without losing signal.
5500 feets is great.

Yeah, I definitely only get 5000 ft during the best case scenario. On most flights I get 3500'-4000'. Will be testing at a different location soon to see if it makes a difference.
2018-2-4
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r Posted at 2018-2-4 12:48
Yeah, I definitely only get 5000 ft during the best case scenario. On most flights I get 3500'-4000'. Will be testing at a different location soon to see if it makes a difference.

You'll report back!
2018-2-4
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r Posted at 2018-2-4 12:48
Yeah, I definitely only get 5000 ft during the best case scenario. On most flights I get 3500'-4000'. Will be testing at a different location soon to see if it makes a difference.

You'll report back!
2018-2-4
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Every neighbour with a WiFi router, WiFi security cams, garage remote etc. Is competing with and compromising your 2.4GHz signal, it's a crowded band. Maybe less interference on the 5.8GHz band.
2018-2-4
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Every neighbour with a WiFi router, security cam & garage door opener is competing with your 2.4GHz signal. Try the 5.8GHz band * Hex *
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-2-4 14:57
Every neighbour with a WiFi router, security cam & garage door opener is competing with your 2.4GHz signal. Try the 5.8GHz band * Hex *

Do trees cut transmission too? That would really suck for me, because I live on the east coast of the United States, where there's forest practically everywhere there isn't a neighborhood.
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

How do I switch to 5.8ghz
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

Some guy in the mavic forum stated that the mavic doesn't support 5.8ghz
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is right that Mavic Pro doesn't support 5.8GHz. Obstacles between the RC and AC might block the signal, like buildings, trees and mountains etc.. Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance.

2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-4 11:36
5500 feets is great.

When I flew with  a Samsung galaxy j7, in a different direction, same location, I made it up to 6700 feet away. So it could be the device too.
2018-2-13
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r Posted at 2018-2-13 19:34
When I flew with  a Samsung galaxy j7, in a different direction, same location, I made it up to 6700 feet away. So it could be the device too.

Unless you're flying by WIFI the device has nothing to do with range.
2018-2-22
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r Posted at 2018-2-4 15:58
Do trees cut transmission too? That would really suck for me, because I live on the east coast of the United States, where there's forest practically everywhere there isn't a neighborhood.

To any UHF or microwave radio energy, trees full of sap act like mirrors, reflecting energy in random directions. I ran into that problem with my first wireless Internet connection. In Spring, the one palm tree between my antenna and the local access point 6 miles away rapidly became a nuisance as it woke up for Summer. Once the colder weather arrived later, my signal returned.:-)

If at all possible, fly in open territory or, if that's not possible, from a point higher than most of the trees in your area.
2018-2-22
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-22 20:43
Unless you're flying by WIFI the device has nothing to do with range.

Oh in that case I guess I just had a good day
2018-2-23
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

what would happen if I kept on flying? the warning states image warning signal, now I've tried adjusting the antennas to which made no difference, so I'm just wondering what would happen if I kept going?  Has anyone tried it?
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules