turn off obstacle avoidance beeping?
9420 7 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

I can't find much in the mavic air manual about the RC beeping related to obstacle avoidance.  I saw some posts about turning off vision system on mavic pro, but is there a way to have the obstacle avoidance off WITHOUT having to go into sports mode on mavic air?   when I fly around in my back yard the beeping is annoying, but I prefer not to be in the sport mode with the aircraft being a bit hyperactive controlled to tripod mode.
2018-2-4
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Obstacle avoidance has its own tab in the settings. Did you really look at the manual? You can turn off OA or turn your device volume down.
6168E1C1-B601-4F07-80F8-E8D42185DBB4.png
2018-2-4
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

thank you.  apparently the settings won't turn off downward obstacle avoidance warnings.  does the RC have a volume control?  I don't think the beeping sound comes from my iphone.
2018-2-4
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

turning off display radar chart probably turns this off. I wouldn’t do that though. At least try turning down your device volume first. I like that you can have obstacle avoidance off but still get warnings.
2018-2-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

wworrall Posted at 2018-2-4 13:46
thank you.  apparently the settings won't turn off downward obstacle avoidance warnings.  does the RC have a volume control?  I don't think the beeping sound comes from my iphone.

I believe it does come from your iPhone.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, the beeping sound comes from the mobile device. You can try to lower the volume of your mobile device. But you need to always pay attention to the messages that pop up on the app and keep it safe.
2018-2-6
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

thank you, I will try that.
2018-2-6
Use props
GABarber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94190 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-6 01:04
Hi, the beeping sound comes from the mobile device. You can try to lower the volume of your mobile device. But you need to always pay attention to the messages that pop up on the app and keep it safe.

I use hearing aids ant the volume of the beeping is so great that if I turn down the volume where it is tolerable I can no longer hear the verbal notifications.
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules