Updating Precise Fly Safe Database
2640 9 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

My P4P flies just fine on firmware 01.03.0509 and iOS app 4.1.17.  I'll update these after I hear that newer firmware solves the image inversion and other problems - not interested in trying a beta.  
I always get the message "A Precise Fly Safe Database update required".   When I tap Update Now, the next box tells me to "Turn on the remote controller before updating firmware."  I don't want to update the firmware.  Does updating the Fly Safe Database also update firmware?
2018-2-4
Use props
OneTenthOfAMileHighClub
lvl.2
Australia

I am in Australia, and have loaded the upgraded No Fly Zone database, after a few failures in the field because it required the data to be downloaded when no wireless was available.
Finally remembered to do it before I left home, so I had wireless connection. Finalised ok, Then I believe it asked me if I wanted to update the  [P4Pro+]  controller firmware, which I did... to v01.02.02.00 , again this is the [+Plus] controller.
2018-2-4
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

No the Fly Safe Database update does not update the FW
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Mikeon, it is recommended to update the fly safe database with the firmware. Our engineers are working on the new firmware and will release it soon.
2018-2-6
Use props
MarleneLebel
New
Flight distance : 2156 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 18:58
Hello Mikeon, it is recommended to update the fly safe database with the firmware. Our engineers are working on the new firmware and will release it soon.

I have not been able to update either one - not the precise fly safe nor the firmware update on my brand new P4P Obsidian. I have followed all the steps exactly in order and it does not do any updates. What can I do now?
2018-6-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MarleneLebel Posted at 2018-6-2 12:19
I have not been able to update either one - not the precise fly safe nor the firmware update on my brand new P4P Obsidian. I have followed all the steps exactly in order and it does not do any updates. What can I do now?

Could you clarify which step are you stuck? I'd advise switching WiFi or internet to see whether it works. Alternatively, you can connect with DJI Assistant 2 to update.
2018-6-11
Use props
BernardVH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45958 ft
Belgium

Hello,
I just received my new DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Plus.
For the firmware update, no problem
But for Precise Fly Save Database update it's totally impossible.
I tried dozens of times.
The wifi connection is established well, the program starts to download .. sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly ... then it sometimes stops at 2%, at 16% I even went up to 46%. Never again.
A message indicates a network problem, which is wrong.
FYI, I am IT manager, and have 3 WIFI networks home that work flawlessly. The problem is not there.
The problem comes from the download program and access to the servers.
When will we have a correct version of this program?
It's pretty shameful to charge expensive hardware if the porgrams are not even tested properly?
2018-8-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You might try putting a fan on/under it.

Just an idea
2018-8-15
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

BernardVH Posted at 2018-8-14 22:19
Hello,
I just received my new DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Plus.
For the firmware update, no problem

I had some similar issues with my P4P+, I tried maybe for 20 or 30 times until it decided to finally update.
2018-8-15
Use props
BernardVH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45958 ft
Belgium

P4P+_Brazil Posted at 2018-8-15 04:07
I had some similar issues with my P4P+, I tried maybe for 20 or 30 times until it decided to finally update.

I have already tried at least 20 times. Nothing.
A disaster this program
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules