Need Help
783 7 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anahoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34757 ft

United States

I was looking to buy an iPad mini first generation, but i had a few questions before I buy on hopefully someone can answer them for me.
1.Do you need an iPad mini that has cellular data or just wifi?
2.Will it connect to my drone?

2018-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is a quite common question. You do not need access to cellular data to fly a DJI drone. However a WiFi only version of an iPad does not have GPS reception capability, and you may want that for functions like follow me. A WiFi only iPad will still connect to your P3 Standard, because the WiFi connection is between the RC unit and the iPad, not the aircraft.
2018-2-4
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

You wont need cellular to fly your P3S. It will connect just fine. Cellular is nice for not having to cache maps ahead of time and you'd have gps etc, but not necessary. Safe flying!
2018-2-4
Use props
Anahoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34757 ft

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-4 18:03
This is a quite common question. You do not need access to cellular data to fly a DJI drone. However a WiFi only version of an iPad does not have GPS reception capability, and you may want that for functions like follow me. A WiFi only iPad will still connect to your P3 Standard, because the WiFi connection is between the RC unit and the iPad, not the aircraft.

With just wifi will return home still work or do you need cellular data.
2018-2-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

RTH will still work.
2018-2-5
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

there are still the certain time when it lock you at MAX 50m distance and 30m alt .......which we requires to log out and log in again(via Network)
Does this thingy still messing up when we are all out there to fly ?
2018-2-5
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

best best win win style

A TAB for Flying with no SIM CARD INSERTED ..

YOUR OWN handset which can provide HOTSPOT (just in case if the scence which it lock you at max 50m distance and 30m alt) which i often get this problem after changing to the next fresh battery to the AC..
Which den i will link my Flight Handset WIFI to my own Phone Hotspot to log out from DJI go app and re login again to gain back whats normal...(THE PROPER WAY I PRESUME WITHOUT ANY MOD)
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Anahoo, iPad Mini 1st generation is not recommended as you may get the incompatible message when downloading the APP. I'd suggest iPad Mini 2 or later versions. You can find the recommended list here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-st ... te_search#downloads
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules