novel solutionto stop video breakup in hot weather
399 0 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Janaus
lvl.1

Australia

My location is Australia, and summers get rather hot here (as well as in other countries). Anything over 32ºC and I find that either of the 2 smartphonesd I use have broken up and frozen video very quickly. On a 35º C day I have measured the back face of the smartphone and it reaches 45º+ very quickly and that temperature causes severe video malfunctions. On hot days I have resorted to strapping a 'cold pack' onto the back of the smartphone with a couple of rubber bands, and within 1 minute the smartphones start working correctly again. It does also pay to check the drone battery temperature with the available option as the battery often will be at around 55ºC (60º is the danger limit to prevent damage).
I have repeated this temperature test by sitting the drone inside in an air conditioned area and standing outside in the heat with the smartphone and controller. With a cool drone and a hot phone the same video breakup occurs. I then take the phone and controller inside and let them cool down for about 5 minutes, and the video mode behaves correctly again.

2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules