1570 10 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

Greetings,

im coming from Slovenia(Europe/CE region) and im intrested in my first drone i have a little expirience with RC helicopters and now i have a wish for my first drone, but im deciding between Mavic Air and Pro im know about rumors About Mavic Pro 2 but lets focus on Air and Pro.
I have a few questions

1.)Mavic Pro has OcuSync while Air has Enhanced Wifi is Wifi really that worse?
2.)Pro has dual compass and dual IMU while Air has only Dual IMU is lack of secondary compass serious downside?
3.)Witch would be more beginner friendly?

Mavic pro costs around 1099€ while Air costs around 850€ in my country so witch one would be better?
2018-2-5
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

there are about 100 threads with these same comparisons.  we can't decide for you.  read the forum and decide what is important to what you want to do.
2018-2-5
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Slovenia

AIister Posted at 2018-2-5 01:41
there are about 100 threads with these same comparisons.  we can't decide for you.  read the forum and decide what is important to what you want to do.

you  are right you cannot decide for me and most of this 100 topics are arguing about Air vs Pro i just asked more specific questions
2018-2-5
Use props
Infosmercial
lvl.2

United States

An even tougher question may be Mavic Air or a Used Mavic Pro as you can get used MP fly more bundles for less than a new Air fly more. I’m battling with that right now. I feel like the Air is the better deal, mostly because of the rear sensors for obstacle avoidance, wnich sounds like it has been greatly improved in the Air as well. The video quality is also better too and from videos it seems rather durable. The pro has a whole bunch of big pluses too though. Decisions, decisions......
2018-2-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

It's depend what you can effort, I have a Mavic and Spark.
I don't know about Mavic Air, OcuSync is very nice . I had a lot of issues with Firmware and Go 4 app. (fly now with an old version go app with no issues on Mavic and Spark)
My choice will be the Mavic for several reasons like flighttime.
So wait and read the forums about issues of the mavic Air or wait  if??? Mavic pro 2 comes out.
2018-2-5
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Slovenia

Infosmercial : Used Mavic pro in my country still costs more than new Mavic Air.

Jos A: Money is not an issue here i can buy Inspire 2 but im intrested in Mavic Series
2018-2-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

oke, can someone post an UHD video taken by Mavic Air?
I like to see the quality
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AIister Posted at 2018-2-5 01:41

Agreed! It's an exhausted question on the forum now. It all comes down to personal preference and budget.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As discussed above, it depends on your preference and budget. I'd recommend testing on site. With some hands-on experience, you may know better which one is proper for you. See whether the local dealers can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-2-6
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

1) WIFI is not bad at all. Obviousy Occusync will give you a much better range so it really depends if you want to do long distances runs or not,

2) No. The Mavic Air is very stable..

3) Honestly I'd say Mavic Air is more beginner friendly. First of all, the Mavic Air is cheaper. It also has an additional rear sensor that might save you if you fly like a redneck. It has a much more durable gimbal that might not break if you touch it by accident because we all know that the Mavic Pro's gimbal is very fragile. The Mavic Air has more intelligent flight modes like ASPS that could help you flying the UAV.

If flight time and range are important factors to you, then go for the Mavic Pro. If you're looking for a cheaper, tiny, robust drone that you can carry in a pocket then you might want to go with the Mavic Air. It's up to you.
2018-2-6
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Slovenia

^^ Long distances are not planned at least in beginning and sparks 2km range does not bother me i just want stable/safe connection becouse its my first drone i know ideal would be borrowing AIr and fly it at my location to see how stable E-WiFi is. Things that would interfere at my main takeoff location are Power lines(800m away), transformator(100m away) and home wifi-s witch are much closer.

2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules