Mavic Pro remote controller very slow charging
10088 11 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
annazoom
New
Croatia

HiMavic Pro remote controller is charging extremely slow, like one whole day to the stage of full battery,
we tried to charge it at different locations and cables but the problem remains.

Does anyone had this problem and how did you solwe it?

Thanks
2018-2-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

on the basis that i never came across rc hardware issues on this forum  and that you have tried other cables already i will suggest that it is possibly a problem with the rc - maybe it took a heavy knock or drop? its worth trying to blow out the plug sockets on yr rc or use a soft hair brush to try clean out that plug hole, maybe a bit of debris inside is causing a poor connection.
2018-2-5
Use props
blindpilot
New
Croatia

solved, i exchanged extendable plugin cable and upgraded to new firmware, it is still slow but better
2018-2-5
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also try a charger with rated at least 2 amps or better.  This will always help speed the charging.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the charging time of RC depends on the adapter. The maximum charging current is 5V 2A. Please try to change the adapter to see whether it helps.
2018-2-6
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

the charger that comes with the drone is 2 amp from the usb connections.  is this what you were using or did you use some other usb wall wart?
i charged all my batteries in the hub and put the remote on a 4.x amp quick charger.  didn't watch it though, they just charged and were done by the time i got back.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using the stock charger it should take 2 hours to charge from 15%-100% and give 2.5 hours of use!
2018-2-7
Use props
Sierraoaks
lvl.1

United States

After the recent firmware upgrade, done 7-9-17,  the controller is charging very slow.  Started at 52% and two hours later its at 72%.  Stock charger and same charging cord.
Any Ideas?
2018-7-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Is the TC turn off during charge?
2018-7-9
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same issue even when I used the DJI lead. I solved it in the end by buying this from Amazon. (I'm sure there's a US equivalent.)

TOMMOX 18W PD USB C Charger - Mini Power Delivery Type C Fast Plug with QC3.0

From other posts it seems it needs to have QC3.0 type  specifications, so I'm sure other makes will do.

Now when it charges the 4 white lights across the top flash a lot faster and I don't get the notice of charge not sufficient coming up.

Cheers

Phil
2020-7-17
Use props
Sunlover82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84196 ft
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro, controller and batteries Both charge extremely slow as compared to my P4P. I use the OE charger and have tried a Large Block charger that has usb and usb c ports, the Mavic 2 P. Don’t have usb-c ports so I can’t use that. Frustrating when flying a job and trying to keep the batteries charged.
2022-11-25
Use props
flying-coyotus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105249 ft
France

SOLVED
We are in 2023, I noticed this problem with my Mavic Pro remote command, the problem came from the cable (1.5 meter) and a smartphone adaptor (1A).12h to charge frome 11% to 47%.
I use the USB port on DJY charger (2A) and a short cable (15 cm), and now it charges normal speed back.

1.5% per 2 minutes now.

2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules