Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What I do like about the Mavic Air.
1) Now DJI ships propeller guard together with the aircraft. This is really great. Safety comes first.
2) Palm Launch and Palm Landing are removed. Another great move. Though I like the features in Spark, they are very helpful to get enough GPS sattlelite in some occasion and also to solve the magnetic interferrence issue caused by the iron rod in the concrete, but they really are dangerous.
3) Very fast GPS/Glonass syncing. Almost immediately after aircraft is power on.  Impressive.
4) Reliable flight controller. No flyaway, no compass-imu error report yet.
5) Unfoldable propellers. This is good. Easy to inspect the degradation.

What I dislike.
1) Fold and unfold the arms can damage the propeller. I almost do that twice. So now I dismount the propellers before I fold the arms.
2) Spark or Mavic Pro style charging hub is better than Mavic Air style. Installing the batteries to the charging hub takes more time than Spark and Mavic Pro.
3) Days to discharge is no longer be set. Force to 10 days only.
4) No display on RC. I prefer Mavic Pro controller.
2018-2-5
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

What I dislike.
1) Fold and unfold the arms can damage the propeller. I almost do that twice. So now I dismount the propellers before I fold the arms.

I used to find it a bit tricky too. But now I've practiced always folding the front arm followed by the same side rear and do the same on the other side.  I don't get the propellers in a tangle anymore.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Regarding the arms, it is suggested to unfold the rear arms first, then the front arms. When folding them, fold the front arms first and then the rear arms. This will be better for the propellers. Also, we will release on our website if more accessories are available.  
2018-2-6
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 23:02
Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Regarding the arms, it is suggested to unfold the rear arms first, then the front arms. When folding them, fold the front arms first and then the rear arms. This will be better for the propellers. Also, we will release on our website if more accessories are available.

Good trick. Thanks!
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 23:02
Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Regarding the arms, it is suggested to unfold the rear arms first, then the front arms. When folding them, fold the front arms first and then the rear arms. This will be better for the propellers. Also, we will release on our website if more accessories are available.

Good advice!
2018-2-6
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

@DJI Susan

Could you please let us know whether the Mavic Air is built with the circuitry and components to supports USB C charging?

Also, will DJI bring palm launch to the Mavic Air?
Entering SmartCapture must now be done from the phone instead of being able to do it directly on the aircraft after powering it on.

Love these two things about the Spark and without them, the Mavic Air feels incomplete.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

28wins Posted at 2018-2-8 09:22
@DJI Susan

Could you please let us know whether the Mavic Air is built with the circuitry and components to supports USB C charging?

Mavic Air is not available to charge via Type-C port. Regarding the palm launch, this has been forwarded to our engineers. Hope they will consider it.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules