Mavic Air, DJI Go 4 editor footage is unusable.
2938 54 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vt46egzmdHKh
lvl.1
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-1 09:16
hi dji susan

attached is a screenshot of my video clips from today test flight after i got my drone back.

Hi All,

I received my mavic air yesterday. I previously had a mavic pro, but sent back due to gimbal fail. I Performed all firmware updates. At first would not connect to dji go 4 and it thought it was a spark. I updated djo go 4 ap on Iphone 6 plus and then it connected fine.

I tried to fly this morning and it made me do another firmware update...GRRRRRR.  

Ok, so it flys great, video on sd card is exceptional! Much better than what I received on my mavic pro out of the box. The problem is exactly like the first post, the feed directly to the phone is choppy with pixilation issues, black screens, green screens whenever there is much action.

I am using the same phone I used with my mavic pro and i never experienced this with the mavic pro.
Is anyone else having this issue. I understand I can download from the chip for production, but I used much of my video straight from my phone on the pro and it look great.

Thanks for you guys feedback
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

djiuser_vt46egzmdHKh Posted at 2018-3-2 14:53
Hi All,

I received my mavic air yesterday. I previously had a mavic pro, but sent back due to gimbal fail. I Performed all firmware updates. At first would not connect to dji go 4 and it thought it was a spark. I updated djo go 4 ap on Iphone 6 plus and then it connected fine.

can i suggest you copy and paste your post to a new thread - this one is dying and i think you will get more attention if you post this in a new thread.
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-2 15:26
can i suggest you copy and paste your post to a new thread - this one is dying and i think you will get more attention if you post this in a new thread.

Bekaru, thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify, does the dealer support in dealer system? Any case number can be tracked?  
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_vt46egzmdHKh Posted at 2018-3-2 14:53
Hi All,

I received my mavic air yesterday. I previously had a mavic pro, but sent back due to gimbal fail. I Performed all firmware updates. At first would not connect to dji go 4 and it thought it was a spark. I updated djo go 4 ap on Iphone 6 plus and then it connected fine.

Hi there, may I know which mobile device do you use? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify?
2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 04:28
Hi there, may I know which mobile device do you use? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify?

hi dji susan: it is really difficult to find another devise (on the recomended list) to try.
I am currently concentrating on trying to find a suitable other devise to try.
Unfortunately this is a small town - there are no big stores where i can just try out any new phone and return it the next day.
I have been to all the second hand mobile shops and the only one available to try is an s5. it is the store owners phone and the screen is so beat up that even if it does work i will never be able to see properly past the cracked screen to know if it is actually working better or not.
If i was in Cape Town i have many friends with phones i could try but i am not in Cape Town and where i am finding another phone to try has been very difficult.
2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 04:28

from the videos i have posted it is clear to see what the problem looks like.
Surely dji has seen this before - i know they have because i have seen exact same problem on other videos on this forum.
For example i saw it on the S7 thread from a few months ago - i have mailed some of the guys and i think all have said that they no longer have the problem.
Therefore it seems to me that dji recognises this issue as they have been able to fix it for other phone types.
My question is: what is it that causes such pixilation issue to occur.
It seems obvious to me that dji knows about this and knows how to fix it and therefore must know the cause.
I only ask to be told what the cause is...
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-5 09:23
from the videos i have posted it is clear to see what the problem looks like.
Surely dji has seen this before - i know they have because i have seen exact same problem on other videos on this forum.
For example i saw it on the S7 thread from a few months ago - i have mailed some of the guys and i think all have said that they no longer have the problem.

As far as I know, the mobile device and environment play important parts in the image transmission. Bekaru, I understand your point, but we can not draw a conclusion without confirmation or judgment. We are trying to find the root cause and see whether it can be fixed on our end.
2018-3-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-6 01:53
As far as I know, the mobile device and environment play important parts in the image transmission. Bekaru, I understand your point, but we can not draw a conclusion without confirmation or judgment. We are trying to find the root cause and see whether it can be fixed on our end.

Hi dji susan - thank you - i understand that poor image can be either due to environment (which covers many things - all of which i tried) therefore i was pretty sure this was not the cause of my problem.

I have posted so many questions asking about mobile devises. Yet my questions were never properly answered and therefore i assumed all along that maybe my question was just crazy and for this reason dji simply chose to ignore.
However because i went through the list of things that fall under environmental issues and still got no fix - only two possible options remained.
1. either my devise was a problem or
2. the app was causing problems
Therefore i continued to ask simple questions about the devise and what is it that makes some phones appear on the list and others not.

Today i found the answer i was looking for on dji web site under crystal sky.
This answer if i had been provided with it would have saved me an amount of troubles and frustration that is impossible to quantify.

Now finally i understand that the cause of my problems is probably my devise.

2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-7 10:29
Hi dji susan - thank you - i understand that poor image can be either due to environment (which covers many things - all of which i tried) therefore i was pretty sure this was not the cause of my problem.

I have posted so many questions asking about mobile devises. Yet my questions were never properly answered and therefore i assumed all along that maybe my question was just crazy and for this reason dji simply chose to ignore.

It might be this kind of possibility. We'll keep optimizing the APP and add more recommended devices.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-9 00:29
It might be this kind of possibility. We'll keep optimizing the APP and add more recommended devices.

i would really appreciate more recommended devises.

I wish to mention that my flight from today whilst i was at far distance was without fault but when close to me then the problems happen again.

have you heard of anything that causes issues close by but not far away.

Please see the clip below - it is a return flight from 2km out and 120m high in terrible windy conditions.
The real flight was about 2min (return - flight out was about 3 min).
The video is only of the return trip. i sped it up for the clip.
The whole flight out (into strong wind) and the whole flight back (with tail wind) was without image issues.

Only when i got back close to me (at end of clip) then the image blurr happened again - any ideas?
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-9 14:48
i would really appreciate more recommended devises.

I wish to mention that my flight from today whilst i was at far distance was without fault but when close to me then the problems happen again.

I have no idea now, will forward to our engineers to see whether they can help.
2018-3-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-13 01:51
I have no idea now, will forward to our engineers to see whether they can help.

Than you - i have continued to try trouble shoot the issue on the forum - no luck yet
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-13 05:24
Than you - i have continued to try trouble shoot the issue on the forum - no luck yet

We will come back as long as there is an update.
2018-3-15
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-15 02:38
We will come back as long as there is an update.

Do you perhaps know when the revised list for dji recommended/supported devices will be updated?
thank you
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-15 05:41
Do you perhaps know when the revised list for dji recommended/supported devices will be updated?
thank you

I'm afraid not as we do not have the estimated turnaround as well.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules