2839 16 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Hi there,

Reaching out to my fellow danish drone friends - where do you guys buy your insurance and have you gotten "world wide" coverage so you can bring it to other countries ?

Cheers,
Tony

2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Tony, DJI Care Refresh might be a good option as it covers pilot error. As long as the aircraft has been sent in, you can use the refresh chance. However, DJI Care Refresh is only available to use in certain areas,  worldwide coverage is not supported at this moment, please kindly note.

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... om=search-result-v2
2018-2-6
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 23:51
Hello Tony, DJI Care Refresh might be a good option as it covers pilot error. As long as the aircraft has been sent in, you can use the refresh chance. However, DJI Care Refresh is only available to use in certain areas,  worldwide coverage is not supported at this moment, please kindly note.

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-spark?from=search-result-v2

Okay, but that does not cover if I fly my drone into people/buildings, and that is what most countries are interested in ...
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-2-7 02:09
Okay, but that does not cover if I fly my drone into people/buildings, and that is what most countries are interested in ...

For that you'll need third party public liability insurance to fly UAV's for either recreational or commercial use. I would google it for the country you are in.
2018-2-7
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

A CW Posted at 2018-2-7 03:18
For that you'll need third party public liability insurance to fly UAV's for either recreational or commercial use. I would google it for the country you are in.

Tried that already, seems like most "only" cover Denmark!
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s a shame - mine covers the UK and the whole of Europe but you have to be a British citizen to get the extension to Europe.
2018-2-7
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Make sure you only fly it in Denmark then; if you do fly it in other areas just keep it slow.
2018-2-7
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-2-7 04:52
Make sure you only fly it in Denmark then; if you do fly it in other areas just keep it slow.

I am going to Thailand where they throw people in jail for less - so if papers + insurance is not 100%, I will be zipping cocktails at the beach instead ;-)
2018-2-7
Use props
VISHWAP
New

http://www.chordie.com/forum/profile.php?id=863026
2018-2-7
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-2-7 06:35
I am going to Thailand where they throw people in jail for less - so if papers + insurance is not 100%, I will be zipping cocktails at the beach instead ;-)

for how long have you had your spark? and how many countries have you brought it with you?
2018-2-7
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-2-7 11:04
for how long have you had your spark? and how many countries have you brought it with you?

I have had in for 6 months, but have not brought it with me to any countries yet - due to missing local  /worldwide insurance!
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-2-7 11:52
I have had in for 6 months, but have not brought it with me to any countries yet - due to missing local  /worldwide insurance!

Do you get public liability cover on your home insurance policy? Will they extend that to overseas with a drone? No harm in calling them.
2018-2-7
Use props
MS-Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 853684 ft
Denmark

I would also like to buy a insurance policy for recreational use, that covers more than DK.

I been looking, but found nothing. Only available for commercial use, and only valid if used for commercial flights.
2018-2-7
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Denmark

MS-Spark Posted at 2018-2-7 13:29
I would also like to buy a insurance policy for recreational use, that covers more than DK.

I been looking, but found nothing. Only available for commercial use, and only valid if used for commercial flights.

I have found that if you become a member of "Dansk Modelflyvning" which is a danish aviation (model planes) group, you will get an insurance that covers your drone in Denmark.

You can then add 2 more items to that insurance, to get worldwide insurance and cover.

But we end up with 600 + 800 + 850 DKK which equals ~ $375 USD per year.

Does that sound reasonable ?
2018-2-7
Use props
MS-Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 853684 ft
Denmark

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-2-7 14:34
I have found that if you become a member of "Dansk Modelflyvning" which is a danish aviation (model planes) group, you will get an insurance that covers your drone in Denmark.

You can then add 2 more items to that insurance, to get worldwide insurance and cover.

That is the insurance I am refering to.

If you read the conditions it says
Coverage - Flight in connection with commercial, scientific and monitoring purposes, but not for private, hobby and pleasure purposes
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-2-7 02:09

Sorry, the DJI Care Refresh does not cover life or fortune insurance. Keep away from the population if applicable.
2018-2-9
Use props
adrianlim1974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122677 ft
Singapore

Hi does anyone has any idea how I can register my drone to fly in Denmark? I'm not from an EU country. I'm from Singapore. Also, any clues on insurance as well?
2022-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules