Will Phantom 2 hard case hold a Phantom 3?
2391 6 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdeiwert
lvl.1

United States

I have a hard case for my Phantom 2 for traveling.  When I get my Phantom 3 will it fit in the case?  If not, where can I get a hard case for Phantom 3?
2015-4-28
Use props
Hornet22
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It all depends on the height of your case. I have a case for the P2 but the lid sits tight/flush with the top of the phantom 2, anything higher will struggle to fit and the phantom 3 is taller. You may also have to cut the foam depending on the layout. I'm guessing the transmitter space will need altering. Go professional have a Phantom 3 case launching soon. That or check eBay as I'm sure there will be more alternatives soon.
2015-4-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The landing gear is higher and wider.  I have not tried to modify my Tradecraft case for my P2.  I am sure I can get it to work but I have a backpack roller case that the P3 fits in just fine and I have room for my computer and some clothes.  It also fits in the airplane overhead.  
2015-4-28
Use props
jdeiwert
lvl.1

United States

Hornet22 Posted at 2015-4-29 04:26
It all depends on the height of your case. I have a case for the P2 but the lid sits tight/flush wit ...

Thank you for the information.
2015-5-6
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

I have a HPRC 2700WPHA2 for a Vision + that works great for the P3. The props sit completely below the foam. I had to trim the controller pocket slightly which was very easy to do.

HPRC Hard Case

HPRC Hard Case
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-29 04:33
The landing gear is higher and wider.  I have not tried to modify my Tradecraft case for my P2.  I a ...

Pictures or links? Availability and price?

2015-5-7
Use props
spcsaw
lvl.1

United States

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_s ... Ck%3AHPRC+2700WPHA2
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules