Lag in video using remote
1149 11 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203333 ft
United States

I have updated my Spark to the latest firmware and the DJI Go 4 app to the latest running on my iPad mini 4 iOS 11.2.5 . I never had this problem before I updated everything but now as you can see in the video the lag in the video makes it near impossible to fly and get good video. I tried both using the OTG cable and not using it.

Anyone have any thoughts based on the video what I may be doing wrong or any other tips?

2018-2-5
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

The only thing I can assume is the location you’re flying in has a lot of interference. Have you tried flying elsewhere to see if the issue persists?
2018-2-5
Use props
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
United States

Flown there a number of times before, yesterday the trail was empty due to weather so in theory, it would have the least amount of interference of all the times I have flown there. I am going to take some more flights today when I get home from both the house and the trails where I took that to see if there is a difference.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
United States

Did some testing tonight with two different iOS devices and it seems to be an issue only when recording video on the Spark as you can see in this video

2018-2-5
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Try using 5 ghz! Or go out in an open field and use 2.4
2018-2-5
Use props
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
United States

I was using 5Ghz and I was in the open with the spark less than 100 feet from me.
2018-2-5
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132717 ft
Brazil

When you used OTG, are you sure it was on OTG and not WiFi, did you switch off WiFi? I never get any lag when using OTG, it's perfect.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
United States

Using the OTG cable the iPad was in Airplane mode and everything that had a radio was off. I am going to try a different SD card tomorrow as well as compare it to a Mavic Air that arrives tomorrow.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jeff, did you try to change an environment? I would recommend you fly in a recommened environment. You can enter wifi setting and choose the channel with the best signal. Do not shield the antenna of RC. Please keep us updated.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-5 19:52
Jeff, did you try to change an environment? I would recommend you fly in a recommened environment. You can enter wifi setting and choose the channel with the best signal. Do not shield the antenna of RC. Please keep us updated.

I will be testing it tomorrow in front of my house where I have the most flight time
2018-2-5
Use props
Jeff Murchison
lvl.2
United States

The Mavic Air arrived today so I took it out for some testing and it was having the same issue. It seems when I have screen recording on my iPad mini 4 or iPhone 8P it causes the lag. Once I stop recording the screen all is well.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jeff Murchison Posted at 2018-2-5 20:46
I will be testing it tomorrow in front of my house where I have the most flight time

In this case, please tell me the firmware of your drone. Did you update it to the latest firmware? Please use the latest version of app for further check. Please change a wide place with good GPS signal and keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules