Mavic AIR vibration - shake - shaking - cavitating POSSIBLE SOLUTION
8683 104 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Me too recieve mine tomorrow going to test....but from 2 friends they said that this worked
2018-2-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

I did a quick test flight with a warm Air (setup, update, calibrations ect indoor) with about 0 degrees Celsius air temperature. I had the vibrations for 5 sec. It flew great and i don't consider it an issue at all. I flew so sharp and precise that the gain must be really high at 100%. If lowering the gain helpt (i did no see a reason to do that) than it surely is a good solution. I would never return the air if the vibrations are gone after a warming up.
2018-2-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Changed the gain to 90 all around yesterday, flew three batteries in 20F.  No shake and bake.  
2018-2-7
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

I guess I can add that on my specific flight date the temperature was about -14C (+6.8F) here.

2018-2-7
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

-10 here and it was chilly..  had to take off from my hand cause the hood of my jeep caused interference.  i need to calibrate but was too cold and bright out in all the snow.

didn't have any shake.  was stuck in 5.8 and lost signal very quickly and the lady screaming at me for the whole flight about this and that and errors and blah.

tried to pull my txt file to upload and see my flight data but it didn't record one.  i guess i will say 300m and lost signal.  

will be a good drone for my hiking and backpacking trips but sure glad i have my p3p for really good and fun flights.

2018-2-7
Use props
slyfox0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118 ft
Canada

Can someone please explain to a beginner what is that "gain" setting that is being discussed?
2018-2-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

slyfox0 Posted at 2018-2-7 12:03
Can someone please explain to a beginner what is that "gain" setting that is being discussed?

It is the amount of power the Air uses for corrections. If it is to high the Air can over correct and start an oscillation. You want it so high that the corrections are fast but no to high. It looks like with fresh power from full batteries and some cold air on the IMU the corrections are a bit to much.
2018-2-7
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

RepKK Posted at 2018-2-6 16:23
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT POINT!!!!!

Unless maybe DJI didn't really use the MA on that promotional shot.  
2018-2-7
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

I'd love you being right, that only to adjust gain and we're good to go. That would make it software related. Crossing fingers
2018-2-7
Use props
djiuser_b0cPiSekkx99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
Slovenia

Having the same problem, flew today at 2 degrees celsius got shaking for the first 30 seconds three times. Would be nice to know if its fine to fly it after it "warms up" or just to wait for warmer days.
2018-2-7
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Acenspades Posted at 2018-2-7 12:40
Unless maybe DJI didn't really use the MA on that promotional shot.

Or they actually followed their own manual and warmed up the drone before the flight as most responsible operators/pilots do with any and all equipment.
2018-2-7
Use props
Single Lens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55636 ft
United Kingdom

Zatx Posted at 2018-2-7 12:50
Or they actually followed their own manual and warmed up the drone before the flight as most responsible operators/pilots do with any and all equipment.

2018-2-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to say I don't think this is a big issue. I certainly would not cancel my order based on this. If it happens there seem to be plenty of ways round it and I am sure DJI will bring out a firmware fix soon

Dennis UK
2018-2-7
Use props
fans8ea2660d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122822 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans8ea2660d Posted at 2018-2-5 12:28
Having the same issue with my Mavic Air (got it last Friday and have had a total of 8 flights now).  Prior to the first flight, I calibrated the IMU and compass.  The several flights were indoors, no issues.  I tied it outside yesterday (was below zero outside), and thought the unit was going to explode as it was shaking so badly.  I managed to land it and go back inside.  I tried it again indoors, and it happened again, but only for a few seconds.  What was also odd, is the unit started to yaw without a control input.  Landed it and tried it again, seemed OK next flight.  Not sure if the issues are specific to my unit or if others are having similar issues.

Some good news, I dialed back the gain as suggested by others, hovered inside for a minute to test the setting, then went outside with the unit without restarting it (still had 90% battery).  I did not experience any shaking while testing with an outdoor temperature of -16C.  I'm not 100% sure if the issue was eliminated by adjusting the gain, or if the unit had warmed up sufficiently to eliminate the issue.  I'll run with it being sufficiently warmed up.
2018-2-7
Use props
fans6d0133cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400 ft
United States

I turned the gain down for pitch and roll to 85 and it seemed to be better not 100% but almost
2018-2-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I turned the gain for pith and roll down to 90 and did a test flight this morning with -4 degrees Celsius outside.  The Air was turned on in the car for about 2 minutes before flying outside (and the compass calibration....). No vibrations or other issues. Is was smooth and quite
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you very much for your report. Please kindly try to reduce the gain settings in the Main Controller Settings. Besides, please also wait for the next firmware update, it will also optimize the issue. Thank you all again.
2018-2-9
Use props
RepKK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58780 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 01:03
Hi there, thank you very much for your report. Please kindly try to reduce the gain settings in the Main Controller Settings. Besides, please also wait for the next firmware update, it will also optimize the issue. Thank you all again.

When is the next firmware update coming out????  Has one happened in the last couple of days?
FORGET IT... JUST FOUND THIS POST IN FORUM ABOUT LATEST FIRMWARE THAT INCLUDES FIX FOR SHAKING:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-134268-1-1.html
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 01:03

that is really great news!
I assume you set a new default value for the pitch and roll gain?

2018-2-9
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

Nice job Dji
New Mavic Air Firmware Released:
Date: 2018.02.09
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0200
Improved takeoff performance to dampen a shaking phenomenon experienced by some aircraft during takeoff.

Here
https://forum.dji.com/thread-134268-1-1.html
2018-2-9
Use props
JBryant02
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47211 ft
United States

Happy to report that my Air no longer shakes after the update this morning, at least it didn't when i tested it out this afternoon.  Temp was 26F and it took off flawlessly.  Yesterday under the exact same conditions it shook for about a minute before it settled itself out.
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Will update two birds and leave a third on old one. I really like when MA is experiencing those seizures.
2018-2-9
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

iceman#1 Posted at 2018-2-9 04:11
that is really great news!
I assume you set a new default value for the pitch and roll gain?

The gains are reset to 100, other settings also (like brake).
2018-2-9
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386178 ft
United States

My air shakes in cold weather also. But so do I. I am totally convinced this cold weather related.
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules