o(^-^)o
Diversant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112162 ft
Russia

Hi everyone!
Bought Mavic Pro about 1.5 weeks ago.
Here's the video: https://drive.google.com/open?id ... huppt4QVvIdYyRzyLlx
Right part is blurry. I've checked the camera, no fingerprints on it or something like that.
What should I check, or try to solve it somehow?
2018-2-5
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

that's very blurry.  send it back for warranty
2018-2-5
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Thanks.
But I'll try several flights. Maybe some options.
Already e-mailed about the problem to the shop where I bought it. In the daytime service master should read it.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, have you tried to reset the camera settings? If no luck, please start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-8
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-8 20:33
Hi there, have you tried to reset the camera settings? If no luck, please start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support

Yes, I've tried resseting camera settings. But it failed every time I tried it. Don't know what could be the reason, but I just get 'failed' and that's it.

Here's video we made today. https://drive.google.com/open?id ... XEDPOk4_A9oal6Lnp1v
Can't tell now exactly what we've tried at certain moment. But we were messing with AFC setting, focus distance.
And what we get - right part of the video is not blurry, but the left is. But not a moment when entire picture is sharp: right part is sharp enough, but the left one a bit blurry anyway.

But I don't know. Maybe I will live with this.
2018-2-10
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-10 11:14
Yes, I've tried resseting camera settings. But it failed every time I tried it. Don't know what could be the reason, but I just get 'failed' and that's it.

Here's video we made today. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CPxWGvsJcmMUVXEDPOk4_A9oal6Lnp1v

Looks like the lens is not properly aligned in the lens housing - so you are getting it partially focused when you tap-to-focus on one side of the screen, then the alternative when you tap-to-focus on the other side or centre of the screen.
2018-2-10
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Here's today video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... qrsiBGUkloq5Bg/view
I've tried setting custom style: +1,-1,-1 (+1 stands for sharpness. Saw the video which advised this setting to get rid of blurness)
Still blurry.
Therefore, 2 last flights video signal on my phone half ruined. I mean bottom half of video is most of of time distorted. I remember that I enabled caching audio with video. Could this be the cause?
2018-2-11
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-11 13:43
Here's today video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/149SOY0qBEpUcLI1HrNqrsiBGUkloq5Bg/view
I've tried setting custom style: +1,-1,-1 (+1 stands for sharpness. Saw the video which advised this setting to get rid of blurness)

Considering ruined picture, I've just noticed that DJI GO app updated a couple of days ago. Maybe thisis the cause? Anyways, saw an advice not to update unless there's a real reason for that. Sadly I didn't notice that.
2018-2-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-11 22:05
Considering ruined picture, I've just noticed that DJI GO app updated a couple of days ago. Maybe thisis the cause? Anyways, saw an advice not to update unless there's a real reason for that. Sadly I didn't notice that.

Was issue present before the update?
If not, maybe to try to downgrade DJI GO 4 to previous version and see how it does?
A lot of android users still use DJI GO 4 4.1.15 as later versions broke OTG support.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You can reset camera, do an imu cal. and look again. If still shows blurry , try the most stable version 4.1.15 , still blurry send it back.
2018-2-11
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-11 22:41
Was issue present before the update?
If not, maybe to try to downgrade DJI GO 4 to previous version and see how it does?
A lot of android users still use DJI GO 4 4.1.15 as later versions broke OTG support.

Gotta try more to find out exactly. Thanks.
2018-2-12
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Jos A Posted at 2018-2-11 23:03
You can reset camera, do an imu cal. and look again. If still shows blurry , try the most stable version 4.1.15 , still blurry send it back.

Sadly I still don't get why camera settings don't reset for me.
2018-2-12
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

look at min 6 but do the whole proces
2018-2-12
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Here's the video I've made today after IMU calibration:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... Hxo4LSjk4B0CNdRfS-m
2018-2-14
Use props
Piv
lvl.1

Germany

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-14 07:39
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BurwGWzGIeW7tHxo4LSjk4B0CNdRfS-m

Hi Diversant,

I have the exact same problem you do, but on the left side of the image.
and I couldnt reset the camera settings either before.
If you downgrade the DJI Go 4 App to the 4.1.15 version you will be able to reset your camera settings without any problems. Ofcourse you will only be able to shoot singleshot pictures with this version.
I bought my mavic about a week ago the first 2 days i didnt have any problems with blurriness and the footage looked great with the firmware version 0200. Then after the latest update 0300 the problems started.
Ive searched hours and hours to find a fix for it.
I recalibrated the IMU, I tried a lot of different camera settings automatically, different styles, manual settings. Ive tried it with and without filters I basically tried every tip I could find in the internet.But still no luck
At the moment I am downgrading the firmware and the RC back to the 0200 version.
I also did a factory reset, weird thing is after the factory reset it didnt set my settings to default so im not sure if the factory reset was a succes...
Is your footage better now? did you just recalibrate the IMU or did u do any other changes as well?

2018-2-14
Use props
Piv
lvl.1

Germany

Piv Posted at 2018-2-14 10:12
Hi Diversant,

I have the exact same problem you do, but on the left side of the image.

Edit I forgot to mention I first downgraded the frmware to the 0200 version before I downgraded the DJI GO 4 app to the 4.1.15 version.
After that resetting the camera settings worked. So im not sure if only downgrading the DJI GO 4 app will work with 0300 firmware version, since I downgraded both the firmware and the app at the same time.
2018-2-14
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Piv Posted at 2018-2-14 10:25
Edit I forgot to mention I first downgraded the frmware to the 0200 version before I downgraded the DJI GO 4 app to the 4.1.15 version.
After that resetting the camera settings worked. So im not sure if only downgrading the DJI GO 4 app will work with 0300 firmware version, since I downgraded both the firmware and the app at the same time.

Well, I've downloaded DJI GO v4.1.&& (don't remember exact), I didn't like it. So, now I have v4.2.4. Downgrading DJI GO allowed me to reset camera settings. At least I've done that and there was no 'failed' message.
I've shown today's footage to my friend, he understands in photo & video much more than me & my monitor resolution is not enough to find those blurry problems I had. He told me that now it's OK, and I'm pretty happy.
I've done just IMU calibration yesterday, and today when it was possibility to rec something in daylight I did it.
As for firmware. I didn't change anything since I've bought Mavic. But I gotta find out more about differences between different versions. Maybe I'll do downgrade, don't know. It's also interesting to me to fly using Litchi, just to try at least (but not in the nearest time).
Still didn't try any of Intelligent Flight Modes (just Tripod a bit).
PS: heh, just noticed that I'm using 0100 firmware. Saw an advice if something works OK for you there's no need to update firmware.
2018-2-14
Use props
Piv
lvl.1

Germany

I see a great improvement in your last video after you calibrated the IMU, there is still a slight blurr on the right tho.
If you fly over trees u can see the blurr better.
Since you downgraded your DJI GO4 app too I suppose that the newest version was causing the resetting camera settings error.
At least we know that now.
I will test the 0200 version tomorrow, finger crossed. If that doesnt work im hoping someone here can help me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here are some videos that show how the image was before and after updating the firmware

First test after buying the Mavic. Version 0200. No blurr on the left

Day 2 version 0200. Still no blurr

Day 3 version 0300. Here you can see the blurr on the left.

This is from today version 0300 after calibrating the IMU. Still blurry

2018-2-14
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Well.. resuming topic. Half a week ago I made several filghts. And the right edge still blurry.
BUT, I've contacted the shop, they told me that it could be the issue of the below zero tempretare. At least the manual says the operating temperature is above zero in celsius.
Thus I have to wait when it gets above zero.

But it sounds reasonable, if manual says that it is not that simple.
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-19 04:03
Well.. resuming topic. Half a week ago I made several filghts. And the right edge still blurry.
BUT, I've contacted the shop, they told me that it could be the issue of the below zero tempretare. At least the manual says the operating temperature is above zero in celsius.
Thus I have to wait when it gets above zero.

Diversant, thanks for keeping us updated. It's might be this kind of possibility. How about the temperature now? Any chance to test at room temperature?
2018-2-25
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-14 07:39
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BurwGWzGIeW7tHxo4LSjk4B0CNdRfS-m

This video looks like you fixed the problem.
2018-2-25
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-2-25 13:04
This video looks like you fixed the problem.

Yes. This particular one seems better. But I've made several vids afterwards, but they were blurry. But the environment temperature is below zero Celsius.
Thus I have to wait when it gets warmer and try it then.
2018-2-26
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-25 01:47
Diversant, thanks for keeping us updated. It's might be this kind of possibility. How about the temperature now? Any chance to test at room temperature?

At room tempretarure seems fine. But the distance is quite different, so I think it's not the best way to test out the problem.
I've tried to rec through the window. Focus seems fine. But better test in flight.
I much appreciate your participation in the discussion. Thanks!
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Diversant Posted at 2018-2-26 06:00
At room tempretarure seems fine. But the distance is quite different, so I think it's not the best way to test out the problem.
I've tried to rec through the window. Focus seems fine. But better test in flight.
I much appreciate your participation in the discussion. Thanks!

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if there are any further questions, we'll be here all the time.
2018-3-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

When test use the follow settings, you get the most detail and contrast.
Manual. iso 100, cloudly or sunny, UHD format 30 fps, ntsc, color D-LOG, style custom 0,-2,-2 .
Focus on trees about 20 mtrs far, hover, start video, fly slowly forward and slowly make a turn. Look results for blurry
2018-3-2
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-2 00:20
When test use the follow settings, you get the most detail and contrast.
Manual. iso 100, cloudly or sunny, UHD format 30 fps, ntsc, color D-LOG, style custom 0,-2,-2 .
Focus on trees about 20 mtrs far, hover, start video, fly slowly forward and slowly make a turn. Look results for blurry

Thanks, I'll try all this when it gets a bit warmer. Suddenly this winter became real winter, not the ones we had several years ago.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansd0073ca3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8432 ft
Australia

(not sure if someone else has made this comment) The Mavic will automatically set the focus when you first power it up and if the camera is pointing to something close  then that is where the focus is first set. just watched your video and the Mavic has locked focus on the bag in front of the drone. You need to reset the focus point once the drone is in the air, by pressing on the viewing screen at the point you want in focus. I have made the same mistake a couple of time and realised later that I had not reset the focus after take off.  The other way to get a good long distance focus is to make sure the drone camera is pointing upwards at a distant object before take off and set the focus point to that
2018-3-2
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Russia

fansd0073ca3 Posted at 2018-3-2 04:14
(not sure if someone else has made this comment) The Mavic will automatically set the focus when you first power it up and if the camera is pointing to something close  then that is where the focus is first set. just watched your video and the Mavic has locked focus on the bag in front of the drone. You need to reset the focus point once the drone is in the air, by pressing on the viewing screen at the point you want in focus. I have made the same mistake a couple of time and realised later that I had not reset the focus after take off.  The other way to get a good long distance focus is to make sure the drone camera is pointing upwards at a distant object before take off and set the focus point to that

Maybe there was a mistake, but it's not the only video. Therefore it's strange that blurriness is in the right part of the screen most times, then it doesn't seem just autofocus issue. Good if it dissappears when the weather gets fine. But I'll try to keep in mind most of the suggestions.
BTW, I've tried tapping the screen while in air, it didn't correct blurry right edge if the screen, but it could be seen that Mavic changed focus after I tapped on the screen.
2018-3-2
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Diversant Posted at 2018-3-2 04:37
Maybe there was a mistake, but it's not the only video. Therefore it's strange that blurriness is in the right part of the screen most times, then it doesn't seem just autofocus issue. Good if it dissappears when the weather gets fine. But I'll try to keep in mind most of the suggestions.
BTW, I've tried tapping the screen while in air, it didn't correct blurry right edge if the screen, but it could be seen that Mavic changed focus after I tapped on the screen.

I think the little rubber bands that secure the gimbal to the stabilisation base will become less flexible as they get colder. Much like the infamous rubber 'O' rings that caused the space shuttle disaster all those years ago. There probably is an optimal ambient temperature for Mavic flying. Just my 2 cents.
2018-3-2
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

My 2nd Mavic Pro insists on requiring 1600 ISO to get any kind of image.  (I have another Mavic Pro, with which I have never had this issue.)

A while ago received a replacement MP for one that lost a fight with a tree.  Only recently activated it for the first time.  Upgraded firmware, calibrated everything.  When exposure is set to auto, I get screen image.  But, when exposure is set to manual I get a black or barely visible screen image.

I note that when set to auto the ISO is 1600 and shutter speed at 30.  When set to manual, I use 100 for ISO and shutter speed at 30.  I cannot get any screen image to appear unless I manually set ISO to 1600.  When in manual I cannot adjust the EV, which is locked at -2.0.  If I set to auto, the ISO is locked, but the EV is adjustable, and thus I can confirm that this makes a difference.  Se attached screen shots.  (I subscribe to the practice that 100 ISO should always be used, and filters used to adjust.)

Is there something I'm missing, or do I need to send this MP in for repair?  And, if I do, will it still be covered under warranty and/or Care Fresh, since this second MP is a replacement under Care Refresh signed up for the first (treed) MP, which first MP was determined to not be reparable?

Screen image when exposure set to auto ... auto is requiring 1600 ISO to achieve a visible image.

Screen image when set to manual and replicate the ISO and shutter speed settings established by auto ... I have to use 1600 ISO to get the same image as in auto, otherwise I get an extremely dark screen ... note also that the EV setting is locked in at -0.7.

Screen image when set to manual and ISO and shutter speed set to desired settings.  Again, I am not able to change the EV from -2.0 under manual to match the 0.0 established by auto.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules