1135 10 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here are two clips filmed in 4k @30fps and down scaled to 1080p. First was filmed with the Mavic Pro and other with Mavic Air ( not filmed the same year but similar weather in winter ). No grading just trimed and added music.

Leave to you to pick what drone you think produces the best output

2018-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t know if it’s the filter your using or not second video motion blur looks all wrong , don’t know if this is because on first video there was very little motion in the shot ie the lake was completely calm and in the second video there was a lot more motion in the water so if your shooting above twice the rate then you get this funny blurry effect.

Having said that they are both extremely well shot and beautiful, in those two examples I would choose the first one.
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer the colours of the pro and the definition of the air. Note however that the image of the Pro was upgraded with FW late last year so you'll probably get a different image now.
2018-2-5
Use props
Sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-5 12:38
Don’t know if it’s the filter your using or not second video motion blur looks all wrong , don’t know if this is because on first video there was very little motion in the shot ie the lake was completely calm and in the second video there was a lot more motion in the water so if your shooting above twice the rate then you get this funny blurry effect.

Having said that they are both extremely well shot and beautiful, in those two examples I would choose the first one.

No filters at all ( just trimmed and added music, encoded the same way ).... Yes there was ripples on the lake for the Mavic Air one..
2018-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very beautiful, but maybe a bit hard to compare.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Wow, both are great footage in my opinion but the light conditions were different. And are you sure you have used identical camera settings for both? I like them both but agree that the Pro one is more appealing. It would be interesting to see a 1:1 comparison shot at the same time with identical settings and conditions.
2018-2-5
Use props
Sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-5 12:51
Wow, both are great footage in my opinion but the light conditions were different. And are you sure you have used identical camera settings for both? I like them both but agree that the Pro one is more appealing. It would be interesting to see a 1:1 comparison shot at the same time with identical settings and conditions.

Definitely auto settings on both.. Next time I get a similar day will take both and run them the same time.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Sploodge Posted at 2018-2-5 12:55
Definitely auto settings on both.. Next time I get a similar day will take both and run them the same time.

That's great, and thank you again for have shared the videos above, great job!
2018-2-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice both looked good. I really liked the one on top.
2018-2-5
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

Sploodge Posted at 2018-2-5 12:55
Definitely auto settings on both.. Next time I get a similar day will take both and run them the same time.

The auto setting will change the settings "Automatically" according to the currenct conditions (lighting etc.) so chances are that the settings were completely different.
2018-2-5
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The wider FOV of the pro camera does it for me, makes it more cinematic adding to the grandeur  and majesty of the scene,  the MA FOV  is too tight and looks compromised
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules