Black Flicking Screen
583 5 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomwynn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, please bear with me as  im new to this. I have a ongoing issue that hopfully you guys can help me with. My screen on both my ipad mini 2 and iphone 6s flickers black strobes it first stared with my ipad and now has started to happen with my iphone 6s, i admit i havent tried android but i dont think thats the fault. all the controls  to the drone work fine its just the screen that is the issue. the recordings are perfect its just the live stream.  ive tried several usb cables and reseting the conroller conection with no luck. all devices are turned to areplane mode with no other apps running and still the problem is there. im not sure wether its in my head but when i touch the usb port it gets worse witch makes me think that its the controller  usb port thats the issue. it seems like you cant atch videos here but ive atached a image of the fault , any help would be greatley apriciated as im unsure if i should send it away for repair or try and change the usb port.
Thanks again
Tom

flickering screen.jpg
2018-2-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi

If you are using the latest FW and the latest Go App, you will notice that these devices might not be supported anymore.  The newer App take's more processing power from the devices and needs to have a faster CPU to work. The iPad mini 4 is on the edge of not working since these last updates.  Please try a newer device and see if this clears up the problem.  Friend or neighbor's device should tell you right away....

If you are still having trouble
1] sometimes deleting and reinstalling the Go App might help.
2] refreshing the FW in the remote and Inspire might help.

Rich
2018-2-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have got to be kidding me, I have an ipad air and it is doing this after the last update.  
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tom, sorry to know you are experiencing with Inspire 1 Pro, just like Rich mentioned, please try another mobile device with stronger decoding ability and re-install the DJI Go APP.
Besides, please make sure the gimbal connector is clean and neat, the gimbal cable is not damaged or loose. Here is the picture for your reference, thank you. contact.png pin.png
2018-2-6
Use props
todor
First Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 03:22
Hi Tom, sorry to know you are experiencing with Inspire 1 Pro, just like Rich mentioned, please try another mobile device with stronger decoding ability and re-install the DJI Go APP.
Besides, please make sure the gimbal connector is clean and neat, the gimbal cable is not damaged or loose. Here is the picture for your reference, thank you.[view_image][view_image]

Hey Mindy, could please clarify that the issue may occur only because of hardware connections of the camera, or it may also be software decoding problem of unsupported Apple devices. I am asking this, because the post author mentioned iPhone 6S which is "not so old device" and I am also used it last month with the latest firmware and DJI Go APP.
2018-2-12
Use props
Donnie -
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

90%+ of video problems that occur right after a firmware update are because the Go app device being used is not powerful enough , even though it may have worked in the past .  this is because the encryption demands have become more and more starting on the processor .  The best thing is to buy the fastest Go app device you can ( For example The I pad Pro with Gps and cell with A-10 processor  or and I pad air with mim. of A-9 processor ) afford.

There are sometimes other things and I have a tips page that may help but like I say 9-10 times it is the Go app device .
https://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

donnie
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules