8483 56 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-22 08:44
I don't understand how the beta testing group with .600 over seven months of testing never mentioned this wobbling and shaking issue, but somehow it made it into the .700 version?

A firmware fix sooner than 7 months would be nice.

I think the problem is that when DJI do a release it would not bee the same version that the beta testing was done at, they seem to just add/change things before they do the release version.

It seem quite clear when following this thread that when the release was finally done, it was not what had been beta tested on and many wished they had stayed on the beta.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

James89 Posted at 2018-4-16 11:22
Hello Susan, would you be able to tell us if a patch has been issued yet to the latest firmware to stop the shaking?  
Thanks!

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this and I'll keep follow up as well.
2018-4-17
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Grumpybeard Posted at 2018-4-16 22:31
Yep would be very good to have DJI feedback on this issue, it's holding me off from updating

I just did a FW update the other day and didn't give it a test until a few minutes ago.  It was an indoor test with no props but I did give it some throttle and everything is good... no shaking whatsoever.
2018-4-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK  Now Im pis-sed to the MOON and back !  My P4p is wobbling like mad right before take off and seems to stop after in air BUT  with any spinning thing the faster its spins the less wobbly it will be but still be out of balance... I notice the motors are hotter than normal after just a 2 min flight. This means that the Motors are working harder?  Is this due to firmware whats the FIX DJI? ONCE AGIN  YOU done it again DJI! I have 16 different shoots this week  (Not BRAGGING ) and now Im very apprehensive to using my P4P ....  Does this make any of you MAD AS He -llll????  
2018-4-24
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-4-24 10:52
OK  Now Im pis-sed to the MOON and back !  My P4p is wobbling like mad right before take off and seems to stop after in air BUT  with any spinning thing the faster its spins the less wobbly it will be but still be out of balance... I notice the motors are hotter than normal after just a 2 min flight. This means that the Motors are working harder?  Is this due to firmware whats the FIX DJI? ONCE AGIN  YOU done it again DJI! I have 16 different shoots this week  (Not BRAGGING ) and now Im very apprehensive to using my P4P ....  Does this make any of you MAD AS He -llll????

You know you can downgrade the firmware, right?
2018-4-24
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Timinator Posted at 2018-4-24 11:07
You know you can downgrade the firmware, right?

Im going to do that and see if that helps ill let you guys know something soon
2018-4-24
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

well I downgraded and it seems to work then I re installed the newer firm and the wobbling came back and then went back to the later firm and the wobbling is still there. I reset everything still wobbling  now im going to the oldest firm... well oldest firm has NO Wobble.....
2018-4-24
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-4-24 13:07
well I downgraded and it seems to work then I re installed the newer firm and the wobbling came back and then went back to the later firm and the wobbling is still there. I reset everything still wobbling  now im going to the oldest firm... well oldest firm has NO Wobble.....

Good to hear.  Stay on the older FW and make sure you check the arms for cracks that may have developed near the vents.
2018-4-24
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146821 ft

I too am experiencing this issue.  I realize it's been a couple months, but I just upgraded to the most recent (non beta) firmware (.0600 version) and immediately noticed this issue.  It vibrates quite badly on lift-off and landing, only when touching the ground in between the time the motors start/stop and touching the ground.  I figured this would have been solved since it has been several months, but obviously I was mistaken.  I'll be downgrading back to previous firmware.
2018-6-2
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2

I've downgraded and re-upgraded a few times now to verify - It is definitely the .0600 firmware.   This seems to me to be a D-term oscillation(?)  
2018-6-2
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2

Essentially for anyone else curious, what I think is going on here is the PID loop is still active for that small amount of time when on the ground.  During that time the gyro can feel higher vibrations from being on a hard surface, thus the PID loop over reacts causing oscillation.  This is why with racing drones we disarm just before touching down.  Not something we can do with these DJI craft, but is something I've always wanted.  I hate having the props spinning with an active PID loop on the ground.  It's just a disaster waiting to happen.
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_BB6ysjl8i3Ks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139642 ft
Netherlands

Hi, is there any news on this topic? I have the latest firmware with a phantom 4 and al is fine until I land and throttle down. The props keep spinning and the phantom starts wobbeling heaviliy. No problem when in the air or at taking off. There seems to be een rpm in between idle and liftoff when landing and on the ground. At that rpm the wobbeling takes place.  
2019-8-2
Use props
RappeFiets
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_BB6ysjl8i3Ks Posted at 8-2 08:15
Hi, is there any news on this topic? I have the latest firmware with a phantom 4 and al is fine until I land and throttle down. The props keep spinning and the phantom starts wobbeling heaviliy. No problem when in the air or at taking off. There seems to be een rpm in between idle and liftoff when landing and on the ground. At that rpm the wobbeling takes place.
I made a video:
https://youtu.be/M43nGbqb9ME

Btw the post above #52 is from me.
2019-8-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_BB6ysjl8i3Ks Posted at 8-2 08:15
Hi, is there any news on this topic? I have the latest firmware with a phantom 4 and al is fine until I land and throttle down. The props keep spinning and the phantom starts wobbeling heaviliy. No problem when in the air or at taking off. There seems to be een rpm in between idle and liftoff when landing and on the ground. At that rpm the wobbeling takes place.

Not normal, but typical. Mine P4P+ has this shake at the beginning of lift off and at the end of landing, Once airborne she's pretty stable. Are you using Auto Lift-off feature or launching manually? Try both to see the difference (if any at all), also try to disable bottom sensors. Be persistent performing lift off, just shot her up 5-6 m to hovering position and perform routine maneuverings there as usual.
2019-8-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am assuming a P4 works in a similar way to a P3. if that is correct has anyone with an on the ground wobbling P4 had a look in the DAT files to see if the motor speeds are fluctuating?
2019-8-3
Use props
RappeFiets
lvl.3
Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-2 15:41
Not normal, but typical. Mine P4P+ has this shake at the beginning of lift off and at the end of landing, Once airborne she's pretty stable. Are you using Auto Lift-off feature or launching manually? Try both to see the difference (if any at all), also try to disable bottom sensors. Be persistent performing lift off, just shot her up 5-6 m to hovering position and perform routine maneuverings there as usual.
I just calibrated the sh*t out of my phantom and did a firmware downgrade, then upgraded again and restored to factory settings. It seems to be better now. It wobbles still sometimes but not on a regular basis and a lot less. In flight it does not seem to have any problem.
2019-8-3
Use props
EagleDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605062 ft
Netherlands

@DJI Susan: still no fix!!
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules