12Next >
8474 56 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47838 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all, recently i updated to the latest firware on my phantom 4.
When the motors slow down i found that the quadcopter would quite violently shake and wobble?
I've saw on a few other recent fourms that people are having the same issue - and i tried everything to solve it like imu calibration, refreshing firmware, sensor callibration and none of it worked.
For now i have simply reverted back to previous firmware in the DJI assistant 2 application and it is back to normal.
When DJI source a patch update its worth going back upto date then, but by reverting back it doesn't seem like i'm missing out on much.

If anybody has found a way to fix this i'd love to know!

Thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

https://forum.dji.com/thread-133305-1-1.html

Check above post , you are not the only one. Also upon take off and landing
2018-2-5
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I turned down the yaw from 100% to 80% in the basic gain setting s, this took the majority of the vibration out
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello James, just to verify, does the wobble issue only appear on the ground? Have you checked the performance in the middle air? We've received some feedback on the ground only, could you help us to confirm? Thanks!

BTW, the firmware of P4 and P4P are not the same. Let's figure it out one by one.
2018-2-5
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello, and the wobble only occupies on the ground, not in the air. And the drone is the phantom 4 standard
2018-2-5
Use props
Stew-2
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad I saw this thread, I thought I was going crazy when I noticed mine doing that. Almost looked like a prop severely out of balance but only when stopping the motors if I recall, could be in flight too but it's too far away to see, video looks fine though.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-5 13:27

Check above post , you are not the only one. Also upon take off and landing

Your link isn't working (Being audited?).

Fwiw, I've also noticed the P4 Std. making a lot of noise and shaking while shutting down once it's on the ground since the new firmware .700.  Something weird going on.
2018-2-7
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-5 13:27

Check above post , you are not the only one. Also upon take off and landing

Hello, It says the forum is no longer available?
2018-2-7
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Stew-2 Posted at 2018-2-6 20:53
I'm glad I saw this thread, I thought I was going crazy when I noticed mine doing that. Almost looked like a prop severely out of balance but only when stopping the motors if I recall, could be in flight too but it's too far away to see, video looks fine though.

I Felt the same!  i tried a new set of props at first and it got no better and i was freaking out!  couldn't find anything on the net so i thought might as well help others if they have the same problem
2018-2-7
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 19:35
Hello James, just to verify, does the wobble issue only appear on the ground? Have you checked the performance in the middle air? We've received some feedback on the ground only, could you help us to confirm? Thanks!

BTW, the firmware of P4 and P4P are not the same. Let's figure it out one by one.

Hello, and the wobble only occupies on the ground, not in the air. And the drone is the phantom 4 standard
2018-2-7
Use props
Kcskinner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93012 ft
United States

Also having this issue after updating firmware on my p4 standard yesterday, wobbles like mad when motors slow but also wobbles in flight enough to be seen in video. Swapped out propellers for new ones, no change, going to downgrade firmware tomorrow and try again.
2018-2-7
Use props
Skyp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

It's seems normal on the 700 firmware. Do you remember that what issue does the drone has on the 106 firmware? I think they just solved the 106 issue by taking the shaking from the air to the ground : ) . But at least, the drone is behaving what it should be in the air.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

James89 Posted at 2018-2-7 12:46
Hello, and the wobble only occupies on the ground, not in the air. And the drone is the phantom 4 standard

Thanks for getting back to us. We have been aware of this issue, and our engineers are working on it, will fix it in the new firmware.
2018-2-9
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-9 04:26
Thanks for getting back to us. We have been aware of this issue, and our engineers are working on it, will fix it in the new firmware.

Good to hear.
2018-2-9
Use props
Marcy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Loaded only rc with latest upgrade connected with aircraft through go4 app on tablet 8 No vibrations flew 4000 ft lost contact came home . Loaded newest upgrade 200 on bird connected as before on motor startup vibration .took off flew same path basically  lost contact at around 5200ft video feed good but lost piture couple times. Rth  right on know visable vibration in flight  .with the new filmware on both I noticed a vibration on touching gimbal with only powered up not turning don't  remember feeling BEFORE? Pulled card video ok
2018-2-9
Use props
PGM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57146 ft
United States

Thanks for getting back to us. We have been aware of this issue, and our engineers are working on it, will fix it in the new firmware.

I am having the same problem with my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, should I downgrade firmware?
2018-2-25
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

Hi Susan
I also have the same problem on my P4 standard after updating to the latest firmware .700. My drone vibrates on the ground and it seems like also in the air from the look of the video footage. Can you please confirm if it is still safe to fly my drone with this vibration or is it going to be unsafe and also damage the drone? If it is damaged by the vibration is this covered by DJI warranty to have repaired at no cost??
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PGM Posted at 2018-2-25 19:38
I am having the same problem with my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, should I downgrade firmware?

PGM, could you export the flight log for analysis? Thanks in advance!

2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-2-25 23:25
Hi Susan
I also have the same problem on my P4 standard after updating to the latest firmware .700. My drone vibrates on the ground and it seems like also in the air from the look of the video footage. Can you please confirm if it is still safe to fly my drone with this vibration or is it going to be unsafe and also damage the drone? If it is damaged by the vibration is this covered by DJI warranty to have repaired at no cost??

Hi Dexcellent, as far as I know, the issue only appears on the ground. If the drone wobble in the air, please kindly export the flight data for analysis, thank you in advance!
2018-3-1
Use props
JMatthias12
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue. Anyone have a fix yet
2018-3-19
Use props
Alex_Law_P4
lvl.2
United States

I personally don't have any problems with the newest firmware.
2018-3-19
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A simple test: with all props removed, throttle up the aircraft.  It should remain perfectly still.  If there is wobbling or lateral movement of any kind, do not fly the aircraft until you downgrade to a different firmware and test again.  You will crack the airframe if you fly with the vibration.
2018-3-19
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JMatthias12 Posted at 2018-3-19 04:29
I have the same issue. Anyone have a fix yet

I've not tried to  update mine to the latest, im sticking to the old one until DJI can confirm its fixed because i don't want to risk cracking my drones frame
2018-3-19
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Any news about it?
2018-3-19
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've not heard anything yet :-(
2018-3-22
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft

YES MINE IS DOING THE SAMETHING BUT I HAVE JUST GOTTEN MY BIRD PHANTOM 4 I GOT IT OUT OF THE BOX LOADED FIRMWARE WITH OUT THE PROPELLERS OFF THE ARMS WAS WOBBLEING OR A VIBRATION IT STARTS WIN ITS TAKING OFF BUT NOT UP YET THE ARM VIBRATING ITS GOT TO BE A SOFTWaRE BUT LIKE I SAID I JUST RECIVED MINE IF ANYBODY GOT NEWS ABOUT THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THX
2018-3-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

I don't understand how the beta testing group with .600 over seven months of testing never mentioned this wobbling and shaking issue, but somehow it made it into the .700 version?

A firmware fix sooner than 7 months would be nice.

2018-3-22
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-22 08:44
I don't understand how the beta testing group with .600 over seven months of testing never mentioned this wobbling and shaking issue, but somehow it made it into the .700 version?

Agreed. I think that this whole 'Does it do it on the ground, but not in the air' line of thought is a red herring too.

The weight of the air being pulled through the props is enough to mask the vibrations, but that doesn't mean that undue stress isn't still being placed on the frame. In fact, it's probably worse - even though the effects aren't visible.

I'm trying to think of a good analogy, but can't right now...
2018-3-22
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

COPILOT VATER Posted at 2018-3-22 06:36
YES MINE IS DOING THE SAMETHING BUT I HAVE JUST GOTTEN MY BIRD PHANTOM 4 I GOT IT OUT OF THE BOX LOADED FIRMWARE WITH OUT THE PROPELLERS OFF THE ARMS WAS WOBBLEING OR A VIBRATION IT STARTS WIN ITS TAKING OFF BUT NOT UP YET THE ARM VIBRATING ITS GOT TO BE A SOFTWaRE BUT LIKE I SAID I JUST RECIVED MINE IF ANYBODY GOT NEWS ABOUT THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THX

Yeah exactly the similar thing here, drone working fine for about 2 weeks after purchase, then when i update the firmware it does it. have you flashed your drone back to the old firmware?
2018-3-22
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

James89 Posted at 2018-3-22 12:24
Yeah exactly the similar thing here, drone working fine for about 2 weeks after purchase, then when i update the firmware it does it. have you flashed your drone back to the old firmware?

Updated firmware to 0700 but still has unstable flight especially when you ease of throttle, does the wobble or shimmi (like its going to drop) not impressed.
2018-3-22
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-22 08:44

My experience with DJI products is that, rather than use the betas to simply fix problems or add a finite number of new features, DJI seems to want to keep changing too many things with every beta version. As a result, they invariably introduce new issues.  DJI also appears to rely far too heavily on beta testers for basic testing with inadequate testing of their own.
2018-3-22
Use props
fans4641426d
New
Flight distance : 337484 ft
United States

Thank God!! I'm having the same problem.
Mine has an issue when taking off, lands and also in flight. It has a twitch in flight like an off balanced blade.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans4641426d Posted at 2018-3-23 01:34
Thank God!! I'm having the same problem.
Mine has an issue when taking off, lands and also in flight. It has a twitch in flight like an off balanced blade.

Just to verify, what's the current aircraft version? If you have updated to the latest 700 version and the drone wobble in the air, please refer my reply in 18# and export the flight log for analysis. Thank you in advance!
2018-3-24
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft

Yes I am having the same problem thought about getting NLD  firmware AND TRY THAT INSTEAD DOWN LOADING THE OLDER FIRMWAW HAS ANYBODY DOWN LOAD LOAD THE OLDEE FIRMWARW IF SO I KNOW HOW TO DO THE BIRD BUT HOW DO YOU GET IT ON YOUR RC THX ME VATER

2018-3-24
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

COPILOT VATER Posted at 2018-3-24 19:36
Yes I am having the same problem thought about getting NLD  firmware AND TRY THAT INSTEAD DOWN LOADING THE OLDER FIRMWAW HAS ANYBODY DOWN LOAD LOAD THE OLDEE FIRMWARW IF SO I KNOW HOW TO DO THE BIRD BUT HOW DO YOU GET IT ON YOUR RC THX ME VATER

I find firmware 0700 stable now since first upgrading ...dont know what i did but it seems to sorted itself out. good one.
2018-3-29
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>

Any news about it?
2018-4-13
Use props
Giorgos007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217218 ft
Greece

nothing still skaking
2018-4-14
Use props
James89
lvl.2

Ive not had any response about it - ill message the moderator on here and ask...
2018-4-16
Use props
James89
lvl.2

Hello Susan, would you be able to tell us if a patch has been issued yet to the latest firmware to stop the shaking?  
Thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
Grumpybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593356 ft

Yep would be very good to have DJI feedback on this issue, it's holding me off from updating
2018-4-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules