1108 18 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hey to everyone i bought my mavic pro before 1 month.My first problem not an often problem is sometimes like today i went to make a flight and in 100 meters the signal and image transmission icon it was blinking and i had 3 lines all the time my signal was week and the app told me as well .I was flying 120 meters high mostly and 100-200 meters maximum far away.Second think who i want to ask is why when i go to my flight status in the app my experience points and level are 0?thank you

2018-2-5
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

You were using a REMOTE CONTROLLER, right? Not just your phone?

Were your antennas unfolded and both parallel to the quadcopter, as shown in this image?

Are you living in a populated area with lots of interferences or obstacles like buildings or trees?

How many flights have done? Is this the first time you are experiencing these types of problems?
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-5 15:23
You were using a REMOTE CONTROLLER, right? Not just your phone?

Were your antennas unfolded and both parallel to the quadcopter, as shown in this image? [view_image]

Thank you for your fast reply yes i am using  the remote controller and today i was flying in the top of a hill with a few trees around and buildings under but always high i am not sure for the position of the antennas maybe i did something wrong but thanks for the image.so i did 23 flights in 2hr 36 min and my travel distance was 17.465m and it looks like i have 2 profiles with different names and same numbers lol here is a pic from the place who i was flying first time here
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-2-5 15:43
Thank you for your fast reply yes i am using  the remote controller and today i was flying in the top of a hill with a few trees around and buildings under but always high i am not sure for the position of the antennas maybe i did something wrong but thanks for the image.so i did 23 flights in 2hr 36 min and my travel distance was 17.465m and it looks like i have 2 profiles with different names and same numbers lol here is a pic from the place who i was flying first time here [view_image]

What an awesome still! Good work!
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 15:46
What an awesome still! Good work!

Thank you but i still need a lot of work to improve and learn how to process my photos and play with settings i hope with the time i will be better!
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-2-5 15:52
Thank you but i still need a lot of work to improve and learn how to process my photos and play with settings i hope with the time i will be better!

I'm sure you will - you mean that pic was one of your first? You're a natural mate.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 15:53
I'm sure you will - you mean that pic was one of your first? You're a natural mate.

No i did already many did pics the last month in many nice places but i am still an amateur who love aerialphotography and the mavic is really amazing.any idea about what can be my problems with the weak signal and the flight status?thank you
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK - the Mavic Pro uses Ocusync transmission which is basically a very powerful form of WiFi using a 2.4gHz frequency. This frequency can be affected by interference from other WiFi channels within the area and what is called electromagnetism. The image, whilst brilliant, shows probably the most congested area I've ever seen - that will contribute to signal breaks. Also, ensure the antenna on your RC is positioned at a 45 degree angle, parallel to each other and pointed perpendicular to the drone with absolutely nothing physical between the drone and the RC to obstruct the signal - such as tree lines, buildings etc. When flying around areas like this you need to expect the transmission range to be shorter. Take the drone to a more baron area with nothing there and you can reach 4KM in a CE area or 7KM in an FCC area as a maximum but know you're local drone regs as flying beyond VLOS/500M is a big no-no in my country!
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 16:08
OK - the Mavic Pro uses Ocusync transmission which is basically a very powerful form of WiFi using a 2.4gHz frequency. This frequency can be affected by interference from other WiFi channels within the area and what is called electromagnetism. The image, whilst brilliant, shows probably the most congested area I've ever seen - that will contribute to signal breaks. Also, ensure the antenna on your RC is positioned at a 45 degree angle, parallel to each other and pointed perpendicular to the drone with absolutely nothing physical between the drone and the RC to obstruct the signal - such as tree lines, buildings etc. When flying around areas like this you need to expect the transmission range to be shorter. Take the drone is a more baron area with nothing there and you can reach 4KM in a CE area or 7KM in an FCC area as a maximum but know you're local drone regs as flying beyond VLOS/500M is a big no-no in my country!

Thank you again i will try tommorow in a different area with less buildings around checking my antennas more carefully.what about my experience points and level?it still at 0 and i see 2 profiles with different names and the same flight records
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The profile to the left in the flight records are your grand totals combining all of your drones under your profile. Scroll to the right and this is broken down by each drone you have activated under your profile. With just the one drone both records will obviously be equal but if you bought another drone then you would have a third set of flight records for that drone and the first page will add them together. You will notice a cloud icon in the top right hand corner - touch that from the grand total page and that will in-synch your flight records (select all) - this will show your total flight distance flown on that app in metres on the forum in your profile and give you an EV score and level in the flight record - which frankly serves no real purpose other than motivating you to get a higher score by flying more LOL
Let me know how you get on with the signal in the quieter area. Good luck!
Andy
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 16:37
The profile to the left in the flight records are your grand totals combining all of your drones under your profile. Scroll to the right and this is broken down by each drone you have activated under your profile. With just the one drone both records will obviously be equal but if you bought another drone then you would have a third set of flight records for that drone and the first page will add them together. You will notice a cloud icon in the top right hand corner - touch that from the grand total page and that will in-synch your flight records (select all) - this will show your total flight distance flown on that app in metres on the forum in your profile and give you an EV score and level in the flight record - which frankly serves no real purpose other than motivating you to get a higher score by flying more LOL
Let me know how you get on with the signal in the quieter area. Good luck!
Andy

Great help Andy tommorow it will be a sunny and warm day in Greece so so i will try to fly in an other area trying to make some good pics and and see the results i will let you know if i have more problems thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Yep as A CW said this is clearly an interference problem. When testing the range tomorrow make sure you're not flying directly above you and also place your antennas like shown in the image.

Next time you're flying in this highly populated area, try switching from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz and see if you have a better range.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-5 17:09
Yep as A CW said this is clearly an interference problem. When testing the range tomorrow make sure you're not flying directly above you and also place your antennas like shown in the image.

Thank you also i will make all this tests and i hope everything will be fine!
2018-2-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 16:37
The profile to the left in the flight records are your grand totals combining all of your drones under your profile. Scroll to the right and this is broken down by each drone you have activated under your profile. With just the one drone both records will obviously be equal but if you bought another drone then you would have a third set of flight records for that drone and the first page will add them together. You will notice a cloud icon in the top right hand corner - touch that from the grand total page and that will in-synch your flight records (select all) - this will show your total flight distance flown on that app in metres on the forum in your profile and give you an EV score and level in the flight record - which frankly serves no real purpose other than motivating you to get a higher score by flying more LOL
Let me know how you get on with the signal in the quieter area. Good luck!
Andy

Then after many tests i found my problem was the position of the antennas.so all those days i did some great pics take a look!
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-2-8 08:28
Then after many tests i found my problem was the position of the antennas.so all those days i did some great pics take a look![view_image][view_image][view_image]

There you go! Beautiful shots mate! Very well done
2018-2-8
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-2-8 08:32
There you go! Beautiful shots mate! Very well done

Thank you i do that with passion i really love it i will upload more pics in the future!
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-2-8 08:38
Thank you i do that with passion i really love it i will upload more pics in the future!

Good for you!
2018-2-8
Use props
Francisco3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39879 ft
Portugal

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-5 17:09

Hello MiniPalourde
Is it possible to change from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz, in Mavic Pro?
thank you
2018-2-12
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Francisco3 Posted at 2018-2-12 14:48
Hello MiniPalourde
Is it possible to change from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz, in Mavic Pro?
thank you

Sorry for the late answer but yes it's possible. Play a bit with your settings and you should find the option pretty easily.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules