Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware upgrade for phantom 4
3390 18 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan Morgan
lvl.1

United States

Here we go again.....I see there is a notice on the home screen of my dji go app that says there's a new firmware upgrade.

Considering the outstanding experience I had with the last downgrade....I mean upgrade....I think I'll avoid this one like the plague, I'm not going to upload it.
And if it gets to the point like the last one where it limits my flight altitude/distance unless I do the upgrade, I'm not even going to do the upgrade, I'm going to send it right back to DJI and let them deal with it.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Dan, the firmware upgrade is not compulsory, you can ignore if the new update bothers you. Sorry about this.
2018-2-5
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Good Luck!
2018-2-5
Use props
Dan Morgan
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 18:30
Hey Dan, the firmware upgrade is not compulsory, you can ignore if the new update bothers you. Sorry about this.

That's what I did with the last upgrade, I ignored it for a while....then it started limiting my altitude/distance, giving me no choice but to have to do it, like some kind of government mandate like Obamacare.

I sure hope this newest downgrade doesn't reach that point, where the operator is forced to upload a defective program/malware.  
2018-2-6
Use props
phillbarnes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm using it with no problems  
2018-2-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same thing happen tome. I ignored the upgrade notice because things were fine and then they bricked my Obsidian. Limited height and distance. Had to do the update.Now the video and GPS are all messed up. DISGUSTING!
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dan Morgan Posted at 2018-2-6 06:40
That's what I did with the last upgrade, I ignored it for a while....then it started limiting my altitude/distance, giving me no choice but to have to do it, like some kind of government mandate like Obamacare.

I sure hope this newest downgrade doesn't reach that point, where the operator is forced to upload a defective program/malware.

You have logged in your DJI Account, right? Could you post a screenshot of About page? If the issue appears again, please kindly offer the screenshot and flight records for double check, thanks!
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-6 07:01
I had the same thing happen tome. I ignored the upgrade notice because things were fine and then they bricked my Obsidian. Limited height and distance. Had to do the update.Now the video and GPS are all messed up. DISGUSTING!

Hey Rodger, sorry about this. Do you still remember what's the warning message at that time?
2018-2-9
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-9 01:37
Hey Rodger, sorry about this. Do you still remember what's the warning message at that time?

Susan, " Update to version 4.2.4" That warning appeared for about 8 flights and I ignored it and then it bricked on me. I thought it was in "Beginners Mode" but it was not.  Height was limited and distance was limited to 100 or 150 feet and no speed. I did the upgrade on site, I have Cellular on my Mini 4 and all was well except for flickering green screen and weak to no GPS after update.
2018-2-10
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is so sad DJI still can't get it right!  what is going on in china ? did they put stupid juice in the water?
2018-2-10
Use props
fans55ae5496
lvl.4

United States

hey noflyzone, it is more than frustrating how the FW updates seem to cause more problems than they solve.

Your comments are not helpful. Try to post facts and suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Rude comments help nobody.

2018-2-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is the P4 you have, and not the P4 Pro or P4 Advanced ? (This is P4 Pro/Adv' section in forum)

If it is the P4 then the firmware update to 02.00.0700 has received a good response from many, this was one of the original threads started on its release:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386

At present there may be a problem for some upgrading via Assistant 2, the simplest solution there is to upgrade the aircraft via the DJI Go 4 App'. If you decide to upgrade, then use the latest incarnation of DJI Go 4, as the RC will need upgraded to V1.9.3 (DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 was broken for RC upgrade).
2018-2-11
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2018-2-10 23:07
hey noflyzone, it is more than frustrating how the FW updates seem to cause more problems than they solve.

Your comments are not helpful. Try to post facts and suggestions on how to solve the problem.

2018-2-11
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-2-6 07:00
I'm using it with no problems

you must have top secret clearance..lol
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-10 11:40
Susan, " Update to version 4.2.4" That warning appeared for about 8 flights and I ignored it and then it bricked on me. I thought it was in "Beginners Mode" but it was not.  Height was limited and distance was limited to 100 or 150 feet and no speed. I did the upgrade on site, I have Cellular on my Mini 4 and all was well except for flickering green screen and weak to no GPS after update.

Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, the distance restriction has been removed after updating to the latest firmware, right? Please correct me if there is any misunderstanding. Regarding the green screen, it only appears on image transmission, the original videos play well, right? Please change to another open location with good GPS signal to see whether it helps. Also, keep an eye on the Image Transmission Channels as well.
2018-2-25
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-25 01:38
Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, the distance restriction has been removed after updating to the latest firmware, right? Please correct me if there is any misunderstanding. Regarding the green screen, it only appears on image transmission, the original videos play well, right? Please change to another open location with good GPS signal to see whether it helps. Also, keep an eye on the Image Transmission Channels as well.

Once I did the update the distance restriction was removed. The green screen is on the image transmission. The GPS issue is due to temperature being below 36F above 38F I have 17 satellites at the same location which is an open field in the country.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-25 04:13
Once I did the update the distance restriction was removed. The green screen is on the image transmission. The GPS issue is due to temperature being below 36F above 38F I have 17 satellites at the same location which is an open field in the country.

Well noted. Which mobile device do you use?  Is there any difference by changing another recommended mobile or location? If not, please kindly export the flight log for analysis, thanks!
2018-2-28
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-28 02:13
Well noted. Which mobile device do you use?  Is there any difference by changing another recommended mobile or location? If not, please kindly export the flight log for analysis, thanks!

iPad mini 4 with wi-fi and cellular 128GB
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-28 04:24
iPad mini 4 with wi-fi and cellular 128GB

Thanks for the confirmation. Could you refer my previous message for further analysis?
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules