Very shaky pictures in sphere mode...
1009 9 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Alright, I wanna get right to the point. It was before dusk and I just took my spark and just straight went up from where I took off and stayed between 70-90 meters altitude. All I did was shot 2 sphere panos so I can learn to use ICE and I also took a single 180. I come to my computer very excited to try ICE. I stick the sd card in andddd....... WHAT IS THIS? What are these shaky pictures? Ok so I look the 2nd pano and.... HOW, WHY ARE THESE SO SHAKY? Never had a pano pictures that turn out so ugly. Half the images where ok the other half just staright up garbage.
Everything up to date. My phone and drone charged up. 12 satalites at take off, 19 during shooting the panos. No wind warnings at all. It promted me to calibrate compass and I did (before take off) What the heck was wrong? It was such beutiful view if the pictures where good. Here is the link to some of the shaky pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... QiDdj4G?usp=sharing

and here is a sample of an amazing pano that I took before the ugly panos:
DJI_0156.JPG
2018-2-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With the dark conditions the camera had reached the sensor limits in low light, to compensate shutter speed was too low resulting in motion blur from movement.
Not much you can do in manual settings except  maybe an increase the iso to raise the shutter speed, but then this introduces more noise into the equation.
2018-2-5
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

lannes Posted at 2018-2-5 16:04
With the dark conditions the camera had reached the sensor limits in low light, to compensate shutter speed was too low resulting in motion blur from movement.
Not much you can do in manual settings except  maybe an increase the iso to raise the shutter speed, but then this introduces more noise into the equation.

so can I never take a picture that is not shaky in low light? That would be very sad for me
2018-2-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-5 16:05
so can I never take a picture that is not shaky in low light? That would be very sad for me

Just try raising the iso to 800, 1600 or 3200 in manual mode.

You'll need to experiment with which iso setting gives you the slowest shutter speed that does not get impacted by camera shake. It's a bit of trial and error based on the flying conditions (e.g. amount of wind buffeting etc.)

If you keep the iso lower, there wiil be  less digital noise in the images.

In  manual you'll also see the exposure compensation level move as you modify the iso/shutter speed combination, best range would be between  -0.1 to 0, you want night shots to have darker blacks
2018-2-5
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

lannes Posted at 2018-2-5 16:25
Just try raising the iso to 800, 1600 or 3200 in manual mode.

You'll need to experiment with which iso setting gives you the slowest shutter speed that does not get impacted by camera shake. It's a bit of trial and error based on the flying conditions (e.g. amount of wind buffeting etc.)

Alright, Thank you so much for the tips.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you shoot a video at that time? I would recommend you export the flight data for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-5
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

never had that problem in low light. i must be doing something right
2018-2-6
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-5 20:08
Sir, did you shoot a video at that time? I would recommend you export the flight data for further analysis. Thanks for your support. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

No you cant shoot a video while taking pictures and I didnt record any videos during that flight.
2018-2-6
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

UPDATE: I calibrated both compass and IMU and took it for a flight. The Sphere mode pictures have 0 shake and look beautiful. I will try tonight with low light again. Ill update this post again.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-6 14:13
UPDATE: I calibrated both compass and IMU and took it for a flight. The Sphere mode pictures have 0 shake and look beautiful. I will try tonight with low light again. Ill update this post again.

Thanks for your update. Hope it works well.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules