One Pilot Solution - Taranis + S-BUS
2662 2 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simonchandler
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I want to set my FrSky Taranis up as a 1 pilot solution for gimbal (Zenmuse Z15N V2.0) and airframe control (latest A2).   To do this I need a minimum of 14 channels.  My Frsky X8R rx offers 16 channels when connected via SBUS.

Does single pilot operation always demand 2 receivers or is there a more elegant method?

Thanks,

Zeke
2015-4-28
Use props
me
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You might be able to do something along the lines of what I have suggested in this post - the details will obviously be different in your case but the principles will be similar:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

FrSky make a nice affordable 4 port decoder. You can use more than one of these. You may be able to get 8 port s.bus to pwm decoders

I believe that A2 will output 4 pwm signals itself from the spare s.bus channels but I'm not entirely sure as I am Woolong user.

I hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Guy
2015-5-6
Use props
simonchandler
New

United Kingdom

Found my answer:

Basically the newer HD Zenmuses (BMPCC / G4 / A7 etc) can take SBUS signals straight from one receiver using the CAN line.  Older Z15N/G cannot.   I set my FrSky X8R to operate on SBUS for 1-16 and also output PWM on its ouput rails for channels 9-16.   This means physical signal wires from the rx to the Zenmuse controller if you want single operator for aircraft and gimbal/camera.

Hope this helps,

Zeke
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules