Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Focus Problem
2357 6 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ken63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28215 ft
Philippines

Hi!,
      Just bought a Mavic Pro last Feb.2.My problem is focusing.Even in AF or Manual.just like other lenses in dslrs. If you put to infinity it should focus.but its not that i thought it should be. I tried the IMU Calib still i cant nail a focus. I watched several videos in youtube with ND Filter in bright sunny day and still they can get good focus and sharp images.

P.S. i used the NiSi ND 8/16 filter since its too sunny.

2018-2-5
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Do you put your ND filter on before or after turning on the Mavic?
Is the filter pushed in completely?
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, have you tried to reset the camera settings? Please try and check if the camera/filter is dusty, try to shoot without a filter, and check if the original pictures or videos on the SD card have the same issue. And you can provide me with some original videos for a further help. You can upload the files to Dropbox and paste the link here. Thank you.
2018-2-5
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

This is in the FAQ:

2.When shooting in manual focus mode, my shots are blurred even when moving the slider all the way to infinite focus. Why?
The focus range of the Mavic is 0.5m to infinite. Slide along the bar until you reach a focus point. Sliding straight to infinite focus does not guarantee sharp focus.

As the Mavic will allow you to focus past infinity, you can't just set the slider all the way and expect things to be in focus. I turn on Focus Peaking to get feedback on what is in focus and it's a real useful feature. Hope this helps.

2018-2-5
Use props
ken63
lvl.2
Philippines

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-5 17:13
Do you put your ND filter on before or after turning on the Mavic?
Is the filter pushed in completely?

I put the ND Filter before turning on the mavic.
2018-2-7
Use props
ken63
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 18:11
Just to verify, have you tried to reset the camera settings? Please try and check if the camera/filter is dusty, try to shoot without a filter, and check if the original pictures or videos on the SD card have the same issue. And you can provide me with some original videos for a further help. You can upload the files to Dropbox and paste the link here. Thank you.

Should i remove first the filter while calibrating?because i always put the ND filter. And i didnt yet fly my MP without ND filter.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reset the camera and take off the filter and calibrate the gimbal
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now