Inspect Rain Gutters?
1427 8 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Anyone else use their drones for inspecting their rain gutters? So far I found Nerf rocket in the back gutter, a rubber ball in the front gutter, and the garage gutter is full of leaves from the neighbors tree. Now we just need a grabber attachment and a leaf blower attachment for the drones!
2018-2-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yep. I've used mine to inspect the quality of guttering replacement work done by a tradesman. As it turns out, it was shoddy and he buggered up some tile ridge capping too. Used photos extracted from the 4K video as evidence and withheld part-payment - I never heard back from him.
2018-2-5
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've used my Phantom to blow the leaves out while they are freshly fallen.  
2018-2-5
Use props
Theppgcowboy
lvl.3
United States

Theree are 4 leaf blowers on it.
2018-2-5
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh yeah.  I have been asked by neighbors to check gutters and loose roof shingles
2018-2-5
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh yeah.  I have been asked by neighbors to check gutters and loose roof shingles after storms.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear Mark
If you want to use your drone to inspect rain gutters, you should operate it very carefully.Since the drone is not waterproof, it should be operated away from water.
BTW, hope everything will be alright.
2018-2-6
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I used my Spark to check the condition of the shingles instead of climbing on the roof worked well and good picture quality.
2018-2-8
Use props
williamava
New

United States

Ha, that's a pretty creative use of drones! I bet it saves a lot of time and hassle compared to climbing up a ladder to inspect your gutters. And with those attachments you mentioned, it could practically become a full gutter services!

2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules