9021 17 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone experanced a loud fan noise after about 2 or 3 minuets being on?   It sounds like when a CPU fan is going out.  At first the fan sound normal but then the wine kicks in.  Temp's get up around 115 F.   I don't want to return, just get it.  Has anyone else experanced this?
[media=x,970,580][/media]
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats the cooling fan to keep the internals cool when the drone is idle - perfectly normal. You should be far more concerned if there was no sound...
2018-2-6
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I wasn't sure.  When it is first turned on you can hear the fan running but then the howl kicks in.   I just ran it inside sitting on table, full battery and temp ended up at 120 F.   I am in electronics and it sounds just like when a CPU fan is starting to take a dump.  Is there possibly two fans?   Or maybe a two stage fan inside the MA?
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dangerousdavekincaid Posted at 2018-2-6 00:28
I wasn't sure.  When it is first turned on you can hear the fan running but then the howl kicks in.   I just ran it inside sitting on table, full battery and temp ended up at 120 F.   I am in electronics and it sounds just like when a CPU fan is starting to take a dump.  Is there possibly two fans?   Or maybe a two stage fan inside the MA?

Interesting - not sure if there are two speed fans on the MA - hopefully a DJI Administrator can answer that one
2018-2-6
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

RC Geeks Air teardown
2018-2-6
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Dangerousdavekincaid Posted at 2018-2-6 00:28
I wasn't sure.  When it is first turned on you can hear the fan running but then the howl kicks in.   I just ran it inside sitting on table, full battery and temp ended up at 120 F.   I am in electronics and it sounds just like when a CPU fan is starting to take a dump.  Is there possibly two fans?   Or maybe a two stage fan inside the MA?

The fan throttles up and down here also, depending on temperature I guess.
2018-2-6
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

That would be an excellent question for the dji fanboys, there are a few lurking about in these forums

* Hex *
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PUMMY Posted at 2018-2-6 00:59
RC Geeks Air teardown

Nice       
2018-2-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It runs at two speeds, here, sounds fine to me.
2018-2-6
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone.   I did contact Support this is what Jeff said:   I did let it run to end of battery just sitting and the temp reached 120 degrees F.   This is pretty hot but then not sure if this is typical?

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the response and for providing us this video.

May we ask if the fan started doing this noise, is the aircraft overheating or is it too hot to touch? If so, we would like to request that you send your drone back to our repair facility so that our repair team could diagnose your drone and find out what is causing this and have them fix your Mavic Air.

If you decided to send it back to our facility, we strongly suggest you to request for an online repair through our website or just click the link below. Just fill out the information needed and a case number will be given out to you. After that, an e-mail will be sent to you along with a shipping label within 24-48 hours.
2018-2-6
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else hit battery temp of 120F or 49C?
2018-2-6
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Don't panic, the aircraft will give you a warning if the temperature gets too high. The fan going on in idle mode is totally normal and not something to worry about. 49  Celsius is fine from my experience.
2018-2-6
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Oh Goodie....   I really don't want to send back, haven't had enough time to play with it.

Thanks Much!
2018-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had the same question when I first got my Pro.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316 ft
United States

Mines doing that, but i cant even link my controller.... pressing the rear while its blinking yellow doesnt make a beeping noise to sync controller.... pretty much dead weight at the moment. Got a repair case on this and will be sending it out to be looked at with the controller. The ports wont even connect with my macbook also.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dangerousdavekincaid Posted at 2018-2-6 19:33
Has anyone else hit battery temp of 120F or 49C?

I had a Mavic Alpine White - that got so hot that it shut itself down and I had a list of malfunctions - in my case the fan never came on in the first place and almost melted the bloody thing. It happened out of the box when I first got it so back in the box and returned to Apple for an immediate refund! Drones to get very warm, especially sat idle on a table for long periods, but without any warnings popping up and the fan working to cool the internals your drone seems fine.
2018-2-7
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansf66c4f70 Posted at 2018-2-7 00:38
Mines doing that, but i cant even link my controller.... pressing the rear while its blinking yellow doesnt make a beeping noise to sync controller.... pretty much dead weight at the moment. Got a repair case on this and will be sending it out to be looked at with the controller. The ports wont even connect with my macbook also.

Hope you get you new MA back soon...
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf66c4f70 Posted at 2018-2-7 00:38
Mines doing that, but i cant even link my controller.... pressing the rear while its blinking yellow doesnt make a beeping noise to sync controller.... pretty much dead weight at the moment. Got a repair case on this and will be sending it out to be looked at with the controller. The ports wont even connect with my macbook also.

Sorry for your unexpected experience. Please contact us if you have doubt in your case. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules